The Plan

Love at Risk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6 – The Plan

Mo Yeon arrived at her office feeling as if a weight has been lifted off her shoulders. Now that she has more cordial relations with Si Jin it means that they can now both focus on the more important task at hand which is ensuring Jin Woo’s safety and security at all costs.

As soon as she entered her office, Min-ji followed her with curiosity evident in her face. Her assistant/friend knew that she would talk to Si Jin today and will iron things out with him. The woman closed the door behind them and sat in one of the chairs while she arranged her things on her desk. As soon as she’s done, she sat in her office chair and faced Min-ji.

“So how did it go?” Min-ji asked eagerly.

“Hmm I’d say it went okay” she remarked.

“Okay as in okay or okay as in ohhh-kaaay?” Min-ji asked albeit teasingly.

She laughed at her friend’s reaction, “To answer your question, it went well.”

“Like, how well? Well as in I might be seeing Director Yoo’s face more or well as in just well?”

“Hmmm, I’d say just well,” then as an afterthought added, “Cordial well.”

“I honestly thought that I’d be seeing Director Yoo here more often. It actually makes my work easier actually.”

“Huh? What do you mean?” she asked her assistant.

“Well, if you failed to notice when your ex-husband visited the office last time a lot of the female staff were wondering who he was and when they saw that he knows me hmmm let’s just say that it was easier on my part to ask favors from them.” Min-ji replied with a mischievous smile on her face.

She laughed at her friend’s antics, “So you are using your so called “connections” with Atty. Yoo to gain favors is that it?” Min-ji nodded at what she said while still keeping the mischievous smile on her face. “Well, don’t let them know that Atty. Yoo is very much taken.”

At hearing her words, Min-ji straightened up and said, “Wait, hold that thought. You just said you are not back together.”

She was already browsing through some papers on top of her desk, looked up and met Min-ji’s inquiring gaze and answered, “Yes, we’re not.”

“How come you just said……” Min-ji started asking.

“Atty. Yoo already has a girlfriend I think. Her name’s Yoo Ri Han. I met her this morning when I went to NIS.”

“Oh so how was it?” her friend asked.

“What do you mean “how was it?”” she eyed her friend curiously.

“I mean, how was the meeting between the ex-wife and the current girlfriend? Was it awkward? We both know you and Director Yoo didn’t really end on good terms and it’s only now that you are starting to deal with each other in a cordial manner. But wait how did you meet her?”

She took a deep breath, “Well I walked in on them kissing.” Min-ji’s eyes widened at what she said.

“Wait who was kissing who?” her friend asked.

“I think it was more of Yoo Ri kissing Atty. Yoo. But, I honestly didn’t take a much closer look. I mean it was already awkward walking in on that scene. Having to stare longer than necessary just to find out who was kissing who will be weird.”

Min-ji then gave her cautious look before asking, “Mo Yeon are you sure you’re okay with the idea that Atty. Yoo has a girlfriend?”

She looked at her friend and pondered on her question before answering, “Min-ji it’s been 5 years since we got divorced. I expect that a lot has happened between those times that we weren’t together. And contrary to popular belief, I am quite aware of how handsome, charming and smart my ex-husband is. I was married to the guy for years. So I am not surprised that he would be in another relationship by now. Actually, I would be even more surprised if he isn’t.”

“But what if he isn’t? Are you sure the woman is his girlfriend?” Min-ji pressed on.

She gave her friend an exasperated look, “Look the woman was kissing him on the lips. If that’s not an indication of a relationship, I don’t know what is.”

“Didn’t he try to explain what happened?”

She recalled the earlier events and said, “I think he did but I didn’t let him dwell on the subject.”

Min-ji gave her a wide eyed frustrated look and said, “Why didn’t you let him say anything?”

She shrugged then answered, “I figured it’s not of my business. As I said we are already divorced and we are not even friends. We are more of colleagues who happen to be working on a case. Let’s just leave it at that.”

Her friend gave her another look and said, “Mo Yeon, if he didn’t care about what you think he wouldn’t even bother explaining himself to you. And if he didn’t care about you then he wouldn’t personally reach out to you when it comes to this case. I mean your communication may just be coursed through me and his assistant but still he exerts effort to get in touch with you personally so clearly for him it’s more than just business. You are a brilliant lawyer so clearly working on this case will not be an issue to you.  But aren’t you wondering why fate brought the two of you together to work on this case.”

She crossed her arms across her chest, “I think it is a sign for us to bury the hatchet.”

Her friend raised an eyebrow at her, “Are you sure?” Min-ji then rose from her seat and walked to the door to exit the room. But before doing so her friend turned to her one last time and said, “Think about it.”

She leaned back on her chair and tried to ponder on the words her friend said. However, her rational self is clearly doing its best in trying to subdue any emotions that may resurface because of what Min-ji said. After her divorce from Si Jin, she promised herself that if ever she gets into another romantic relationship she will not commit the same mistake of letting her heart rule over her mind. She took a deep breath and focused her attention to the documents on top of her desk, she has a lot of work to do.

 

“So, what you are trying to say is that Mo Yeon walked in on you being kissed by Yoo Ri and she didn’t even bother to ask for an explanation?” Dae Young said incredulously.

Si Jin took a bite of his sandwich before answering, “That’s right. I tried explaining to her but she didn’t bother to hear me out.”

“Hmm that’s interesting” his friend remarked.

Si Jin is having lunch inside his office together with Dae Young and Ja-ae who both asked him how his “meeting” with Atty. Kang went. He and Dae Young have been friends and colleagues for a long time while his assistant, Ja-ae who also knows the story of his life, is pretty much like an older sister to him.

“Tsk tsk, I’d be scared if I were you, Big Boss” Ja-ae remarked.

He creased his forehead while looking at his assistant and said, “Why’s that?”

“If Atty. Kang didn’t even bother to ask, more so even hear your explanation, it only means that her mind has already been made up with regards to your relationship. If she says you are colleagues then pretty much that’s how things will be for her. Thus you have your work cut out for you if you want to change her mind. And I think everyone in this table knows that you just don’t want to be colleagues with your ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter