Forgiving Him

Love at Risk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4 – Forgiving Him

Mo Yeon sighed then rubbed her temple as the door closed behind Si Jin. She then pressed the call button on her phone to call Min-ji. Her assistant picked up after one ring and while on speaker asked her to kindly bring her a cup of jasmine tea. A few minutes later Min-ji came in with a tray and on top of it are two cups instead of one which made Mo Yeon smile a little because she knew what it meant. Her assistant kicked the door close behind her and placed the tray on top of Mo Yeon’s desk. The woman then sat in a chair across Mo Yeon and poured tea in both cups. Min-ji then handed one cup to her while her assistant got the other one. Both of them made a toasting gesture before drinking the tea. The two of them placed the cups on top of its respective coasters almost at the same time and her assistant who admittedly is also a good friend to her leaned back in her seat and asked, “So care to share? I noticed that Director Yoo nearly stormed out of your office.”

Mo Yeon took a deep breath before responding with a small smile on her face, “We got into an argument.”

“Again?” Min-ji asked.

Mo Yeon nodded and solemnly said, “There were things he said that I didn’t like. Looking back though, I think I may have just misinterpreted his words.”

It was now Min-ji’s turn to take a deep breath before speaking again. “Mo Yeon I know this might be an unsolicited opinion but as a friend I would like to tell you this. Don’t you think it’s about time that you forgive him and try to at least be civil with him? I wasn’t able to experience what you have gone through but if I were in your shoes I know it is incredibly painful and hard to forget. But I think it’s about time you find it in your heart to forgive him. I’m not saying that you should forget because what was lost was extremely important. But he was also in pain because of what happened. After all, it’s not only you who lost a child but also him. Aside from the pain, he may also have feelings of guilt because he knows that it was because of him why it happened.”

Mo Yeon got a little teary eyed at hearing her friend’s words and may have to agree that she has a point. She was consumed by her pain and feeling of betrayal that she forgot to take into consideration what Si Jin may have gone through.

Min-ji reached over and held her hand in a comforting manner. “Mo Yeon find it in your heart to forgive him. Based on his actions and from the few exchanges that we’ve had, I think he means well. Plus, you and him would have to work together to ensure Jin Woo’s safety. I know how attached you are to the child and I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t want anything to happen to him. So do this not just for yourself but for Jin Woo as well.”

Mo Yeon smiled and nodded at what her friend said.

 

 

Si Jin is poring over some documents that he needs to sign when he heard a beeping sound coming from his office phone. He answered the call.

“Sir, Dae Young is here to see you” his assistant, Ja-ae said on the other line.

“Alright send him in” he answered.

A few seconds later he saw Dae Young entering the room. His colleague and friend sat in the chair in front of his desk and handed him a folder. 

“Just as you requested Big Boss” Dae Young said with a smile on his face.

“Thanks” he responded with a smile.

“Soooo are you investigating Atty. Jung because you are concerned for Atty. Kang’s safety or there’s another reason?” Dae Young asked with a teasing smile on his face.

“Of course I’m just concerned for her safety” he answered defensively and added as an afterthought, “and Jin Woo’s too.”

“If you say so” Dae Young responded nonchalantly.

He then began reading the report’s contents which includes the man’s basic information. He found out that the lawyer came from a reputable family and that Atty. Jung graduated from Yale University top of his class and is a few years older than him and Mo Yeon. He leafed through the other pages and his forehead started to crease because he noticed that there are certain parts of the report, specifical

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter