Wait For You

Love at Risk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10 – Wait For You

Si Jin took out his card key, slid it into the slot and entered the hotel suite. He carelessly loosened his tie and slumped into the couch. The night has been physically and emotionally draining for him. Aside from having to make small talk with the other guests at the party, he had to make sure that he doesn’t let his guard down since he attended the event under the guise of him being a senior partner in their family’s law firm. Of course this was done with approval from his father who previously served as Director of NIS but is now living as a private citizen of this country and is currently heading the firm. The physical exhaustion he feels is nothing compared to the emotional drain he is experiencing. Aside from the roller coaster ride he experienced while dealing with Mo Yeon during the party, Yoo Ri just had to enter the scene and add to the emotional stress he is dealing with. He recalled their conversation.

“Si Jin I was the one who told Atty. Kang about our engagement” Yoo Ri told him while they were alone at the balcony.

“What? Why did you do that?” he asked frustration evident in his voice.

Yoo Ri took a deep breath, “I don’t know. But believe me when I say that it wasn’t my intention to create a bigger rift between the two of you. Maybe I just wanted her to understand that we also have a history together and that I had feelings for you back then until now. That I am more than just a desperate woman who is coming after her ex-husband.”

“Yoo Ri, Mo Yeon didn’t view you as such and if she seems antagonistic towards you it’s partly because you also weren’t very pleasant to deal with during the first time you met her. She’s the type of person who will also fight fire with fire especially if you threaten her” he responded calmly.

Yoo Ri gave him a wry smile, “The way you speak about her I can clearly see that you still love her. But Si Jin isn’t it possible for you to direct your affection to someone else? Give yourself another shot at love. I don’t know if you’ll agree but it seems like Atty. Kang is not on the same page as you with regards to rekindling your relationship.”

It was his turn to give a lopsided smile, “I agree, we are not on the same page but she’s like that because it was my fault. I was the one who had a lot of secrets. I wasn’t completely honest with her and it led to a series of unfortunate events. But I love her, so I will wait until she is ready to open her heart to me once again.”

“Until when are you willing to wait? What if it doesn’t happen? Why don’t you just open your heart to someone else and stop making things hard for yourself?” Yoo Ri then tearfully looked at him, “Why can’t you just love me? I have always been here for you and I believe that I can better take care of you than Mo Yeon.”

He gave a sad smile to Yoo Ri, “I will wait even if it takes my whole lifetime, even if it’s the last thing I do. That’s how much I love her. I also thought about opening my heart to someone else and I thought I just needed time. But it’s been 5 years and nothing has changed on how I feel about her. The first time I saw her after not seeing her for years it felt like the sun has finally shone again over my otherwise dark existence. That’s how much she means to me. I’m sure you understand and I’m sorry if I can’t reciprocate your feelings. I know that I hurt you before and for that I would like to apologize.”

Yoo Ri wiped the tears flowing down from her eyes, “Wow that’s like the second time you rejected me. How many rejections can a girl take huh?”

Si Jin pulled Yoo Ri in for a comforting and friendly hug, “I’m really sorry. I know nothing I would say or do can make you feel better.”

“Just let me wait for you, please until I am the one who gives up, who gets tired” Yoo Ri said with pleading eyes.

Si Jin just sighed and looked at Yoo Ri.

Their conversation was interrupted when Dae Young and Myeong Ju arrived and asked them to go back to the main hall. He hasn’t recovered yet from the various emotions he felt after talking to Yoo Ri when he saw Mo Yeon and Atty. Jung laughing together while dancing. That’s when he decided to go back to the hotel to get some rest and now he is here slumped on the couch. He removed his tuxedo jacket and lied down, enjoying the solitude.

 

Mo Yeon inserted her key card and opened the door to their hotel suite. The evening has been exhausting for her and she just wants to relax. She decided to let loose her hair and soft curls tumbled down her shoulders. She entered Jin Woo’s room to check on the child and found him sleeping peacefully on the bed. She bent down to gently kiss him on the forehead when Jin Woo slowly opened his eyes. The child smiled upon seeing her.

“I’m sorry if I woke you up” she told the child gently.

The child put his arms around her neck and gave her a kiss on her cheek, “That’s okay Aunt Mo Yeon. I was waiting for you and Uncle Si Jin. But Aunt Min-ji told me that I should sleep already since both of you will be going back late. By the way, you’re very beautiful Aunt Mo Yeon.”

She lightly and playfully pinched Jin Woo’s nose, “You’re so young but such a smooth talker already.”

Jin Woo smiled and pouted cutely, “That’s not true. You really are beautiful. Isn’t that right Uncle Si Jin?”

She turned around to follow Jin Woo’s line of vision and was surprised to see Si Jin leaning casually at the door of Jin Woo’s room.

Si Jin’s eyes softened while looking at Mo Yeon then turned his attention to Jin Woo, “I agree kiddo. Aunt Mo Yeon’s really beautiful.”

“How long have you been here? I didn’t even notice that you already arrived” she asked Si Jin.

“Just a few minutes ahead of you actually. I was lying on the couch” Si Jin explained.

She looked at Si Jin and noticed that he is a bit off color, “Are you okay? You look a bit pale.”

“I’m okay. Just a little tired” Si Jin reassured her.

She nodded at that and turned to Jin Woo, “Sweetie go back to sleep. I would need to change.”

Jin Woo nodded and expectantly asked, “But you’ll sleep beside me right?”

“Of course” she told the child enthusiastically.

“Wait I don’t get an invite for a sleepover in your bed kiddo?” Si Jin asked Jin Woo with a cute pout on his face.

Jin Woo cutely giggled and said, “Of course Uncle Si Jin you may sleep beside me and Aunt Mo Yeon as well. That’s like our routine already right?”

Si Jin hi-fived Jin Woo, “That’s what I’m talking about.”

She shook her head and watched as Si Jin playfully tickled Jin Woo. She realized that the two share common traits such as food preferences, food allergies and expressions. Jin Woo’s facial reactions are like Si Jin’s, just a mini version. Maybe that’s the reason why the two get along so well. She also gathered from Ja-ae that Jin Woo adores Si Jin. The woman even said that Tae Min remarked before that he thinks his son even follows Si Jin more compared to him and that Si Jin could pass off to be Jin Woo’s dad.

Jin Woo is laughing merrily as Si Jin continued to tickle the child. She decided to put her foot down.

“Okay that’s enough both of you. You can still play tomorrow” she said.

Si Jin then stood up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter