Seeing Red

Love at Risk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17 – Seeing Red

Mo Yeon was numb for a few seconds upon seeing blood spill out of Jin Woo’s arm. She knew something was not right when Si Jin shouted for them to duck. She hugged her son tightly doing her best to protect him, as if the act can shield him away from the dangers they are experiencing as bullet sounds surrounded the place. However, when she felt Jin Woo suddenly shudder and cry out in pain she knew that there was something wrong. When she looked down to check on him, it was with horror that she realized that her son was shot. She immediately called Si Jin and watched as he immediately went to their son’s side to check on him.

Si Jin grimly said, “It’s a flesh wound. I could perform first aid but…” the man looked at the door and Mo Yeon understood what he meant.

She bent down to take Si Jin’s gun and determinedly said, “You concentrate on that. I’ll stand guard.” She then crawled to get into position near the door where she will have the best visuals of Si Jin, Jin Woo and those as*holes who threaten to hurt her family. She carefully picked up the gun, checked if it is loaded and pointed it at the door. Anyone who dares to make a wrong move against my family will definitely suffer the wrath of this gun’s bullet, she thought.

 

Snoopy, Harry Potter and Piccolo rushed carefully inside the house while the other agents of NIS concentrated on eliminating the other attackers.

“I hope we’re not too late” Harry Potter said.

Snoopy determinedly answered, “I know we’re not. Big Boss is no easy prey and if my intuition is correct so is Beauty. The two of them will definitely ensure nothing happens to Little Boss. I am confident they are still alive.”

The three of them then silently moved to check the house and noticed that attackers are starting to swarm the living room with some starting to climb up the stairs to the second floor. They eliminated the enemies one by one and after checking that no one’s left they started to make their way towards the second floor.

“I think the three of them are upstairs” Piccolo remarked.

The Alpha Team members made their way towards the stairs when out of the corner of their eye they saw a man that they shot earlier make his way towards one of the rooms. They watched in horror as the man was able to open the door and pointed his gun at someone. However to their surprise, they heard a gunshot and the intruder dropped to the floor. They rushed towards the scene and when they looked at the man they noticed that the shot was a perfect hit to the chest. Across the room they saw Si Jin administering first aid to Jin Woo and their eyes widened when they saw who was holding the gun. It was Atty. Kang and the woman is looking at the dead man with warning in her eyes as if saying, “You messed up with the wrong family, you as*hole.” When the woman saw them, relief was reflected in in her eyes and she rushed over to where Jin Woo is to check on her son’s situation. Mo Yeon handed the gun back to Si Jin.

Snoopy then turned his attention towards Si Jin and correctly assessed the situation, “Big Boss we called for backup on the way here. The Bravo and Delta Teams are the ones taking care of the other hostiles. I see that Little Boss is hurt, should I call for a chopper?”

“Yes. It is just a flesh wound but would still need treatment. Ask them to go here asap.” Si Jin ordered.

Snoopy did as he was told and after the call informed Si Jin, “Big Boss, they will be here in 2.”

The man nodded upon hearing the information. He then asked, “Is Maverick here?”

“Yes, Sir” it was Piccolo who answered. “He is the one in-charge of leading the Bravo and Delta Teams.”

Si Jin looked at the window and noticed that the attackers are starting to be overcome by the NIS forces. They then heard the sound of the chopper approaching the house. Si Jin bent over to pick Jin Woo up to carry him and started walking out of the house while Mo Yeon and the Alpha Team follow them closely. As soon as the chopper arrived, Si Jin handed Jin Woo over to the medical staff inside while Mo Yeon followed their son. Just as he was to ride the transport, Si Jin turned back towards Snoopy and said, “Snoopy you and the Alpha Team report to me to the hospital as soon as you are done here. Bring Maverick with you” however with a chilling voice he added, “and make sure you bring some of those b*stards alive. I want to be the one to personally interrogate them.”

Snoopy noticed the grim look that Si Jin has on his face and anyone who sees it will understand why the man’s call sign is Big Boss. The tone his superior used clearly indicate that his order is not open for debate or further discussion.

“Yes sir” he answered.

“I’ll see you later” and with a last nod to him, Si Jin got in and the chopper flew taking the family to the hospital.

 

Mo Yeon is caressing Jin Woo’s forehead, doing her best to soothe him as the chopper is filled with the child’s cries of pain.

“Sweetie, just hold on okay? We’re nearing the hospital. Everything’s going to be fine” she said.

“Mommy, it’s so painful” Jin Woo cried.

“I know. But you have to be brave for mommy and daddy. I’ll blow on your wound. Remember you told me that my breath is soothing?” Mo Yeon asked.

“Yes mommy” Jin Woo replied. The pain he’s feeling still evident in the child’s voice.

“Okay I’ll blow on it now” Mo Yeon said and started to blow on Jin Woo’s wounds. She watched as her son started to calm a little while she did her best to stop the tears from escaping her eyes. She knows that this is not the time for her to break down. Jin Woo needs her to be strong and brave. However, when she got a good look at her son’s arm and saw the blood filled gauze the tears she’s been holding started flowing down her cheeks. She hastily wiped them and continued on blowing on her son’s wound, “Is it better now?”

“Yes mommy. Thank you. I love you” Jin Woo replied smiling a little, his eyes closed.

“I love you too sweetie. But don’t close your eyes. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter