The 2 Lawyers

Love at Risk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3 – The 2 Lawyers

Mo Yeon opened her front door to leave her house. However, the face that greeted her was someone she didn’t expect and certainly was an unwelcome sight. After filling her thoughts last night of what ifs and might have beens, all of which included him, it seems like the man share some psychic connection with her because it is her ex-husband who is standing at the doorway a hand raised and was in the act of pressing the doorbell.

“What are you doing here?” she asked in a resigned manner.

Si Jin who was preparing for another “verbal” battle was a bit surprised by Mo Yeon’s less antagonistic approach. “Ummm I’m here to fetch you? I figured we could talk about Jin Woo’s arrangement now that we are calmer and better rested” he said with a cordial smile on his face.

Mo Yeon who is clearly also not in the mood to argue just nodded her head. She closed the door and after ensuring that it is locked moved her head towards the direction where Si Jin’s car is parked indicating that she’s ready to go.

Si Jin then reached over with the intention of helping Mo Yeon carry her things when Mo Yeon stepped back and with an indignant look on her face asked, “What do you think you’re doing?”

“Well, I’m helping you carry your stuff” Si Jin explained.

Mo Yeon who maintained the cold look on her face then responded, “No it’s okay. I can manage,” she then made her way towards his car. Si Jin who knew better than to push his luck, decided to follow his ex-wife and both of them got inside. He was already driving for a few minutes when Mo Yeon spoke up and said, “Okay, so how will this protective custody thing work?”

“The initial plan is that you and Jin Woo will be staying at one of NIS’s safe houses” Si Jin started and raised his hand upon seeing Mo Yeon’s disagreeable facial expression. “However, since I know you will not agree to that you and Jin Woo will be provided a security detail while he is living with you. Security will join you wherever both of you will go. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Don’t worry, they are instructed to be as discreet as they can” he finished his statement then briefly glanced at Mo Yeon.

His ex-wife scowled at what she heard and said, “24 hours a day? 7 days a week?! Discreet?! Yeah right!” she then ended her statement in a huff and crossed her arms across her chest.

Si Jin who clearly didn’t miss Mo Yeon’s reaction raised an eyebrow and said, “Well you choose. That or stay in the safe house.”

Mo Yeon then muttered her response, “As if I have any choice.” She then looked at him her eyes turning into slits, “I’m just doing this for Jin Woo, Director Yoo.”

“I know that Mo-, I mean Atty. Kang” he corrected himself immediately upon seeing Mo Yeon’s “unhappy” facial reaction, “We all have Jin Woo’s safety as priority in this mission, Atty. Kang. So rest assured that NIS will do its best to ensure that.”

“That’s good to know” Mo Yeon said resignedly. She then looked out the window and noticed that Si Jin is pulling over in front of her office building. As soon as the car stopped she made a move to open the door but before she went down she said, “Anyway, thanks for the ride.” She then stepped out of the vehicle and was starting to walk away when she heard Si Jin’s voice call her. She turned around and noticed that the passenger’s side window was rolled down. Si Jin then said, “I could fetch you later when you visit Jin Woo at the hospital since you don’t have your car with you.”

“I can manage, Director Yoo” Mo Yeon responded in a civil manner.

“Alright then, see you later?” Si Jin said with a smile on his face.

“Maybe” Mo Yeon shrugged then turned around to resume walking to go inside the building.

Si Jin just shook his head and with a smile on his face drove off to his own destination.

 

Mo Yeon stretched her arms as she made her way out of the conference room. Since it is the start of the work week, she had lots of meetings lined up for the whole day. Thankfully the one that she just got out from is the last for the day. She would just be attending to some paper work and then she’ll be off to the hospital to visit Jin Woo. She called this morning to check on the child’s progress and was informed by Dr. Yoon that he is doing well and may be discharged within the week.

While on her way back to her office she noticed that Min-ji seemed to be hurrying to meet her. Her forehead creased further when her assistant met her in the middle of the hallway and stopped her from going any further.

“Min-ji what’s going on?” she asked.

Min-ji gently touched her arm and exaggeratingly said, “Mo Yeon sunbae before you go in I just want to warn you that there is a stand-off happening inside your office as of this moment!”

“Stand-off?” she asked the crease in her forehead going deeper.

“Hmm let’s just say that the men in your life are currently having a “moment” inside your office” Min-ji explained.

Her eyes widened at the realiz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter