What Do We Mean to Each Other

Love at Risk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12 – What Do Mean to Each Other

Mo Yeon and Si Jin looked at each other, mouths agape. Both of them then turned to Jin Woo, surprise still clearly written on both their faces. Meanwhile Jin Woo is smiling widely and proudly, acting as if the situation is perfectly normal.

It was Mo Yeon who was able to recover first from the shock. She sat beside Jin Woo and gently patted his head. She then placed an arm around his shoulders and kindly asked, “Sweetie you surprised daddy and mommy with what you said. So is it okay if I ask you something?”

Jin Woo nodded and said, “Yes mommy.”

Mo Yeon can’t help but smile widely when she heard the words mommy being uttered by Jin Woo. It was music to her ears. She then asked, “How did you know the truth?”

Jin Woo looked up at Mo Yeon with puppy dog eyes and said, “Mommy, Uncle Tae Min, Aunt Ji Su and Grandpa Young-geun told me that you and daddy are my real parents and that Uncle Tae Min and Aunt Ji Su are just temporarily looking after me.”

“But how did you recognize me and mommy?” Si Jin asked.

“Grandpa Young-geun showed me pictures of you and mommy” Jin Woo answered with a smile on his face.

“But didn’t you wonder why daddy and I are not with you and that we couldn’t take care of you?” Mo Yeon asked curiosity and worry etched on her face.

“I actually did Mommy. When I was younger and when I was looking for both of you, Grandpa will tell me that you and daddy are off to fight big bad wolves that are trying to get me that was why I needed to stay either with Grandpa, Uncle Tae Min and Aunt Ji Su, so that the three of them can protect me while both of you were away. However, the big bad wolves were able to get Uncle Tae Min and Aunt Ji Su” Jin Woo said, sadness reflected in the child’s voice and eyes.

“That’s right buddy. The bad guys who went after me and your mommy are also the bad wolves that got Uncle Tae Min and Aunt Ji Su. But don’t worry daddy is now here to protect you and mommy. I will make sure nothing happens to both of you” Si Jin said reassuringly with a smile on his face.

Jin Woo hugged Si Jin and cutely said, “Thank you daddy.”

Mo Yeon smiled at the scene but she decided to ask her son another question, “But Jin Woo how come you still call me Aunt Mo Yeon and daddy, Uncle Si Jin even though you already know the truth?”

“Hmmm well Grandpa said that until such time that the big bad wolves are not yet defeated I would have to call Uncle Tae Min daddy and Aunt Ji Su as mommy. He said that both of you will tell me when I could start calling you mommy and daddy. But don’t worry Grandpa always tells me how much both of you love me and that as soon as everything is okay already the three of us will be together again. However, I actually feel bad because I broke one of my promises to him” Jin Woo said a forlorn expression on his face.

“And what’s that?” Si Jin asked his son gently.

“I promised Grandpa that I will not insist on seeing both of you personally until he says that I can. But I just really missed both of you so much so I asked Uncle Tae Min and Aunt Ji Su this huge favor countless times and that is to see both of you personally. They finally gave in, so they brought me to your office so that I could visit both of you. But they just made me promise not to call you mommy and daddy or else Grandpa Young-geun might get mad. But anyway, the first time that I saw both of you, I was very happy and proud. Both of you are very good at what you do. I want to be lawyers like you when I grow up” Jin Woo said while grinning widely.

Mo Yeon then hugged Jin Woo, “Oh sweetie, your daddy and I are also very proud of you. You’ve grown to be a smart, cheerful, good and understanding boy. And for that we are very grateful.”

Jin Woo took a peek at Mo Yeon while still enveloped in her arms, “Is that so mommy?” the child asked with a smile on his face.

“Of course buddy” Si Jin said reassuringly while ruffling the child’s hair.

Si Jin moved then enveloped his two angels in his arms. A wave of happiness and contentment swept over him. This is what he has always wanted and dreamed of, a happy family. Something he feels is now within his reach.

 

Si Jin slowly made his way towards the kitchen. He went to Jin Woo’s room to help his son prepare for bed and after ensuring that the child is already asleep he decided to go downstairs to go where they last left Mo Yeon to discuss some pending concerns with her.

“Hey is Jin Woo asleep already?”  Mo Yeon asked.

“Yeah, after much convincing on my part” he answered with a smile. “Our son is afraid that if he falls asleep we might not recognize him again. I assured him that it will not happen and that you and I aren’t going anywhere.”

Mo Yeon smiled gratefully and sat on one of the bar stools, “So much has happened today. Yesterday we thought that our son is dead and now he is very much alive. Not only that but he has been living with us for quite some time. You know I still remember the first time he visited the office. Tae Min and Ji Su have been my clients for quite some time. Looking back, I now realized that the reason they got me as their lawyer was most probably because it was an order from your father.” She smiled wryly then continued, “Anyway, Jin Woo hugged me enthusiastically after we were introduced and for some reason I have always been fond of him. His presence brightens up my day. Now I know why.”

Si Jin also smiled after hearing what Mo Yeon said then added, “I understand what you mean. He also was the same with me the first time we met. I thought that he was just a very cheerful boy and full of life. Little did I know that my own flesh and blood is looking at me”

Mo Yeon smiled wryly then continued, “Then as of today all the things I knew about my father suddenly changed. Yesterday, I thought that my father was just a lawyer who died in a car accident and now he suddenly became a lawyer and CIA field agent.”

“And both of us are apparently being targeted by a syndicate that we don’t know that much about” Si Jin added, with a grim expression on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter