Dare to Move

Love at Risk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20 – Dare to Move

Mo Yeon stirred a little and slowly opened her eyes, the light from the ceiling blinding her. She raised a hand to shield her face and as soon as adjusted, she let her eyes roam around. She was inside an unfamiliar room with white walls, a chair and desk on one side. She sat up and with a great sigh of relief saw Jin Woo sleeping peacefully beside her.  She checked on her son and noticed that the child is still asleep but with dried tear streaks on his face. She felt a pain in her head and her hand went up to massage it. She was surprised to find out there is a gauze pad taped on the aching part of her forehead. She gave herself a mental shake as she tried to recall what happened.

Mo Yeon crouched down to be at eye level with Jin Woo who has been crying non-stop since this morning. Today is the day of their flight to New Zealand.

“Sweetie, please stop crying” she said imploringly gently holding her son’s arms.

“B-ut m-ommy I don’t want to leave daddy. He is not even here to say goodbye to us” Jin Woo said hiccupping a little while still crying.

She hugged her son and rubbed his back, “Daddy doesn’t want to see us go that’s why he decided to leave early today. It’s painful for him too, you see. But he wants you to be safe and this is the best way that he knows how. So let’s not make him worry anymore and just do what he says okay?” she told her son and felt the child nod his head after hearing what she said. She released him from her embrace and gently wiped his tears.

The two of them then walked outside of the hotel room and went to the parking lot where Young-geun and a handful of NIS agents who will serve as their security detail are waiting for them. Young-geun who noticed his grandson’s sad expression bent down to give his grandchild a hug and said,

“Jin Woo, don’t worry about daddy alright? He’ll be fine. I promise you that I’ll play with you all you want so that you won’t miss your daddy too much, okay?”

Jin Woo smiled a little upon hearing what his grandfather said, “Okay grandpa. Thank you.”

The older man stood up and Mo Yeon gave him a grateful smile. They boarded one of the cars and started their drive towards the airport. They were traversing a road which was less crowded than usual because it is still early in the morning when gunshots were heard from behind. When she turned around her eyes widened in fear as she watched one of their convoys being gunned down. She hugged Jin Woo while their driver did his best to evade the bullets and get away from another car chasing them. However because the tires were punctured by bullets the car started running flat and the car they’re in came to a screeching halt. As soon as they got off the car, their driver was gunned down and there were assailants waiting for them. She was about to carry Jin Woo and run towards the opposite direction when someone hit her causing her to go unconscious. Before everything went black, her last memory was seeing Young-geun being attacked by the assailants while she could hear her son’s cries as she and the child were carried to another car.

 

Fear started taking over her body as she realized that she and Jin Woo are in danger. She scanned the room once again hoping to find a way to escape or anything that she may use as a weapon. She was about to stand up to continue inspecting the room when she felt Jin Woo starting to move beside her. She immediately hovered over her son and caressed the child’s forehed. Her son slowly opened his eyes and she saw him smile in relief upon seeing her.

The child then rose and hugged her tightly, “Mommy, I’m so glad you’re okay. I thought those bad wolves hurt you.”

She rubbed her son’s back to comfort him, “I’m okay sweetie. Don’t worry about mommy. Did they hurt you?” she asked while looking at the child.

Jin Woo bowed and shook his head. But Mo Yeon noticed that her son still has a deep pout on his face and forehead creased. She tilted her son’s chin so that the child is looking at her, “Sweetie you still have something in your mind. What is it?” she asked gently.

Mo Yeon sensed that her son is hesitating so she gave him an encouraging smile and prodded, “So what is it?”

“I feel bad Mommy. I wasn’t able to fulfill my promise to Daddy. He told me to protect you on his behalf but still the bad wolves got us” her son answered with a deep frown on his face.

Inspite of the situation they are currently in Mo Yeon can’t help but feel a sense pride upon hearing what her son said. Clearly Jin Woo, at such an early age has displayed a sense of responsibility that he must keep his word and fulfill his promise. She can’t help but feel a little wistful if only Si Jin is here to hear what their son said she is sure that he will also be very proud of Jin Woo. She hugged her son to comfort him and said, “Sweetie you protected mommy. Remember I was knocked out so I am sure you didn’t allow the bad wolves to do anything to me, is that right?”

“Yes Mommy” her son even nodded for emphasis.

“Then, you were able to fulfill your promise. And if daddy was here I am sure he is going to be very very proud of you.”

“Is that so Mommy?”

Mo Yeon nodded and smiled sweetly at her son. Jin Woo also smiled upon seeing her face and hugged her tight. “But mommy I’m still scared. There are a lot of big bad wolves. I hope daddy comes to save us.”

Mo Yeon was about to reply when someone spoke up and said in a chilling voice, “Don’t worry little boy. We will make sure that daddy will come for you.”

She turned towards the direction of the one who spoke up. Upon seeing who it was, she wasn’t able to mask the disbelief in her voice, “So it’s you? You’re the one who planned all of this? Why?”

“Yes I was the one who planned it all along. I had accomplices of course. Don’t worry Atty. Kang I’ll fill you in on the details later. However, I’m pretty sure your beloved Director Yoo has already started to figure everything out. After all he is really pretty smart. Thus it will not be long before we see him here since we got his precious family” the man then strode over to her, gave her a menacing look and in a chilling voice said, “and when that time comes we will be sure to meet him.”

The man then closed the door behind him. Mo Yeon then hugged Jin Woo tightly, doing her best to comfort her son who started crying quietly again. She is still processing what she has discovered. She thought that if they found out the person behind the syndicate the case is already closed however seeing the person behind all of these raised more questions than answers because it is someone she least expects and that is, Assistant Kim Sung-min.

 

Si Jin rushed towards the hospital where his father was brought. He is both worried and agitated not knowing what his father’s condition is and wanting answers as to what happened to Mo Yeon and Jin Woo. He was immediately met by Myeong Ju who happened to be the attending physician of Young-geun. Due to his father being able to call him after the incident, he was able to immediately dispatch the NIS emergency team to the crime scene thus his father was sent to the hospital run by the NIS.

“How is he?” he asked Myeong Ju.

Myeong Ju placed a comforting hand on his arm and replied, “He is stable now and resting.”

He rubbed his forehead, “That’s good to know. Keep an eye on him for me please?” he said.

Myeong Ju gave him a small smile and said, “Of course.”

He then turned to Dae Young who was able to finally catch up with him, “Is Snoopy and Maverick already here? We need to meet in 5 minutes” h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter