Uncertainties

Love at Risk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 18 - Uncertainties

Si Jin did his best to conceal his grim look as he re-entered Jin Woo’s room. He doesn’t want Mo Yeon to see him like this as it will only make her feel more worried than she already is. Luckily for him Mo Yeon and Jin Woo are still asleep when he came back. He walked over to the bed kissed the two on the forehead. However, Ja-ae, who has worked with him for years noticed his body language and clearly knew that something is not right. His assistant spoke up and said,

“Boss is there something wrong? It seems like the news that you got from your meeting with Snoopy and Maverick isn’t good” Ja-ae remarked in a low voice so as not to wake up Mo Yeon and Jin Woo.

He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself before answering, “It is.”

Ja-ae sensed that he is not yet in the right condition to discuss further thus his assistant motioned that she will go out of the room first to let him rest. He watched as Ja-ae left the room and joined Min-ji in the receiving area and the two assistants both lied down in separate couches in the room. Meanwhile he decided to position himself beside Jin Woo. He can’t help but smile as Mo Yeon obviously positioned herself and Jin Woo on the bed in a way that there will be a space for him.  Thank goodness Jin Woo’s bed is big enough for the three of us, he thought to himself. He climbed on the bed and lied down beside his son while wrapping his arm around Jin Woo. Si Jin closed his eyes and he allowed himself to be pulled into a peaceful slumber. At least for now the three of them are safe and he could pretend that everything is alright in their world. But tomorrow is another day and they would have to face reality once again.

 

A few hours later Si Jin woke up to the wonderful aroma of food being cooked. He looked to his side and noticed that Jin Woo is still sleeping but Mo Yeon is nowhere in sight. His gaze fell upon the receiving area and found out that Mo Yeon is cooking in the small kitchen. He decided to get up and go to the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth. A few minutes later he emerged and joined Mo Yeon in the other room.

“Hey you’re up quite early” Mo Yeon commented with a smile as soon as he entered the room.

“Yeah, the delicious aroma of food woke me up” he replied as he wrapped his arms around Mo Yeon’s waist for a backhug. He then nuzzled the crown of her head in effect inhaling her sweet scent and asked, “Hmm what are you making?”

“Its chocolate chip waffles. Jin Woo wants to have them for breakfast today.” 

“Ah, another one of his favorites. Mine too” he said happily and gave Mo Yeon a peck on her cheek. He then looked around, “By the way where’s Ja-ae and Min-ji?”

“I allowed them to go home after they bought the things we need. They weren’t able to sleep well last night but they said that they will be back later this afternoon.” Mo Yeon then turned off the waffle maker and asked with concern evident on her face, “How did your meeting with Snoopy and that other guy go? Ja-ae told me that the two of them still reported something to you late last night. Do they have news of what’s going on in the house?”

Si Jin’s face darkened as he was reminded of yesterday’s events and the atmosphere became tenser which didn’t go unnoticed by Mo Yeon. She turned around to face him with a comforting smile on her face. She held his arm and said, “But, we could talk about that later. Let’s have breakfast first okay? We don’t want the waffles to get cold.”

Si Jin’s mood visibly lightened up and said, “Okay. I’ll be the one to put the food on the plates and bring it inside Jin Woo’s room. Why don’t you wake him up?”

“Alright” she washed her hands in the small sink and dried her hands before going back inside the other room. She went to Jin Woo’s bedside and caressed her son’s forehead. The child stirred and slowly opened his eyes.

“Good morning sweetie. Time for breakfast” she smiled sweetly at Jin Woo.

Jin Woo smiled and replied, “Good morning too mommy.” She noticed him looking around as if finding something, “Where’s daddy?” he asked.

“I’m here buddy” someone replied and as if on cue, Si Jin entered the room holding a plate and placed it on top of the hospital bed table with a big smile on his face. He then walked to Jin Woo’s bed side and ruffled his son’s hair, “Tsk tsk tsk tsk it seems like my son missed me so much huh?” he commented.

Jin Woo cutely pouted and said, “I’m just worried daddy. I haven’t seen you since last night.”

Si Jin and Mo Yeon laughed at what their son said. Si Jin then commented, “Aish you’re starting to be a worrywart. You’re too young for that.” He bent over and kissed the child on his forehead, “Don’t worry about daddy okay? I’m a big boy I can take care of myself.”

Jin Woo cutely smiled and nodded at his father.

“Sweetie, you have to sit up so that you can eat. I made waffles just as you requested” Mo Yeon gently said as Si Jin moved to assist their son and adjust the child’s bed. Mo Yeon went to the bathroom and a few minutes later emerged with a wet towel on her hand. She then bent over and looked at Jin Woo who is now in a half sitting position.

“Sweetie, mommy will just wipe your face clean okay so that you’ll feel more refreshed. How’s that?,” she inquired with a smile on her face.

“Okay mommy” Jin Woo said.

She proceeded to wipe her son’s face as Jin Woo started singing Robocar Poli’s theme song while gently swaying his head sideways to the tune of the song. She imitated her son’s gesture as Si Jin came back in with additional plates in hand. She also changed Jin Woo’s clothes.

“There, fresh and clean right?” she asked her son brightly as soon as she’s done.

“Yes mommy. Thank you.” Jin Woo then reached for her and gave her a smack on her cheek for emphasis.

“Awww how come only mommy gets a kiss?,” Si Jin cutely pouted at his son, “I brought your food you know!”

Jin Woo giggled and said, “Okay daddy you get a kiss too!”

Mo Yeon laughed as Si Jin bent over to allow their son to give him a kiss on the cheek. The father and son pair was smiling brightly at each other when a nurse came in and smiled the scene she witnessed.

“Director Yoo, Atty. Kang good morning” the nurse bowed her head politely. The female nurse then turned towards the child and gently said, “Jin Woo it seems like you’re feeling better now. I’ll just clean your wound okay?”

Jin Woo looked worriedly at his mother. Mo Yeon then patted his son’s head and held his hand, “Don’t worry sweetie. Mommy’s here.” Her son visibly relaxed and Mo Yeon gave a small nod to the nurse. The staff then proceeded to clean the child’s wound and change the dressing. A few minutes later the nurse cheerfully announced, “There all done!”.

Jin Woo brightly smiled at Mo Yeon, “Mommy that was fast and it didn’t sting that much!”

Mo Yeon matched her son’s smile and said, “See, I told you it won’t hurt.”

The nurse can’t help but smile more as she watc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter