Monsta X's Shownu

31 Days of Halloween 2016 [A Drabble Collection]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your city had been long divided, the social lines cut harshly, rich and poor segregated so clearly. Those with money lived in carefully guarded households while those without had to manage on their own.

 

The police force had been replaced with the Hunters Association once the world was turned upside down with the revelation of magical creatures walking among humans. It turned into an uproar as people demanded their safety be priority number one.

 

Some races were pacifists, the elves and fairies choosing to live in solitude in the forest, never associating with humans. Some races were so closely intertwined with humans, vampires making deals, money for blood, having to see humans every day.

 

But others felt superior to humans and wanted to overrun the humans and take over. Those were the dangerous ones, the ones the Hunters Association were fighting against, the lycanthropes and the demons were so unruly, the rich made sure to keep their gates up high and made of silver.

 

You had been living on the poor side of town, all your life, getting by paycheck to paycheck, a wooden stake, silver bullets and endless matches your guiding light and savior. Sometimes you needed to see a vampire for extra money, but you only saw the ones you trusted and they had grown fond of you.

 

It was another long day at work, the department store for the rich had been filled with people today shopping for winter coats as the season was approaching. They were also looking to get protection from the Yetis who rolled in at that time as well.

 

You had seen so many women try on the same fur coat that you held back a cringe when someone asked to see it by the lunch hour hit. You trudged through the crowded roads, getting through the hustle and bustle of the richer community. 

 

No one paid any mind to you, many of those from the poor side worked in the rich side just to keep their houses. But the moment you stepped over to your side, everyone disappeared, as if your only companions were ghosts.

 

You sighed, as if to add dramatic effect, a tumble of hay rolled past you and you kicked it away. No one wanted to be outside of their houses here, ever. It was too dangerous, with all the protection the rich were able to afford. The poor were easy targets for the creatures roaming around. 

 

You hurried back to your house, making a turn here and there, you were living in a dead end, somewhere in the middle of it all, but it was a journey and a half to get there and avoiding the dangers.

 

You took a new path home every day, weaving in and out of alleys and crosswalks unpredictably so no one could follow you and pick up on your hab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter