Miss A's Fei

31 Days of Halloween 2016 [A Drabble Collection]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The school bell rang loudly, interrupting your daydream. The sound of chairs scraping against the floor made you wince. Everyone else ran out of the classroom eager to go home since it was finally the weekend.

 

You gathered your things slowly, when you noticed your neighbor, Fei was also lingering behind in the classroom. You didn’t know what had happened recently, but she was coming to class with dark circles under her eyes and she looked incredibly tired all the time.

 

You used to walk to school together in the mornings, but now Fei barely made it to school on time. It made you worried, but you weren’t sure if you could say anything, neighbors and acquaintances were one thing.

 

But you guys barely saw each other outside of that, and you weren’t close enough to her to ask about her personal life like that. “_____.” 

 

You looked up and saw that Fei was standing in front of your desk. “Hey.” You said in a low voice, keeping the shock out of your voice. The suddenness of seeing her there made your heart jump with fear.

 

“Want to walk home together?” She asked, you could tell that she was anxious about asking. But she still looked tired, you nodded without thought as you could maybe find out if there was something wrong.

 

“Yeah, you don’t have a club meeting or anything?” You asked her, picking up your backpack and moving to head out of the classroom. 

 

Fei shook her head, “No, I’m not in any clubs this year. I wouldn’t have the time.” She answered, stifling a yawn. You both headed down the stairs towards the front gates at a slow pace. You didn’t typically walk at this pace, but it was comfortable to do so with Fei.

 

“Ahh.. I’m never in any clubs. So it’s okay.” You said, wanting to keep the conversation but it grew quiet between you two. The sounds of you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter