TWICE's Nayeon

31 Days of Halloween 2016 [A Drabble Collection]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You felt the sun on your face and jumped out of bed, rushing to get ready. You had plans to go to the beach with your best friend and neighbor, Im Nayeon. You had been friends for years and she said today she had something special she wanted to show you.

 

You got dressed, grabbed sunscreen and your floater because you didn't really know how to swim. It was a bit ridiculous since you had a beach house, but your parents never bothered to teach you or take you to lessons. 

 

It was also dangerous to try swimming by yourself, so you just never really learned how. You grabbed your bag and ran next door, rapping your knuckles on the wood. The door swung open as soon as you put your hand down, and Nayeon's smiling face greeted you back.

 

"Hey, ______." She said, tossing her long black hair over her shoulder to braid it. She seemed in the middle of it when she answered and you muttered an apology for interrupting.

 

"It's fine, I'm almost done with it." She assured you, putting the elastic in place and going towards her counter and putting a flower behind her ear. She grabbed a small bag and a sun hat, before heading out the door with you.

 

"Are you excited?" She asked you, both your slippers making excessive noise on small patch of concrete leading to the beach but both of you couldn't bring yourself to care.

 

As soon as you guys reached the sand, you both took off your slippers and your feet instantly sank in. You looked down nervously, the water was at low tide but it still made you a little nervous.

 

Nayeon could sense it immediately and she reached for you hand, squeezing it assuringly. "I'm here, don't worry." She said. 

 

There were already some people on the beach but Nayeon led you away from them, closer to the rocks. You looked at her and she just smiled at you. "It's a surprise, ____." She reminded you.

 

The both of you had gotten far away from the crowd and the rocks covered the both of you from stray eyes. She told you to lay out your things and you listened. They both of you got to work, setting out your towels and you took out your sunscreen.

 

Taking your shirt off, you started to apply but to no one's surprise, you couldn't get all of your back yourself. A part of you was too scared to impose on Nayeon to do it because she was still busy, pulling out snacks from her bag. 

 

She saw you struggling and just giggled, "You could've asked, _____." She teased playfully. She reached over for your sunscreen bottle and put some in her hands before rubbing it into your back. 

 

You yelped at the sudden cold, but Nayeon just continued to giggle. "You need to protect your skin." She chided, "Make sure you don't forget to reapply too." 

 

You turned to her and nodded and bit your lip nervously, "Do you want me to help you?" You asked her. 

 

She looked away from you, scratching the back of her neck sheepishly, "I'm okay for now." She answered, "Let's get ready to swim, yeah?" She asked you, changing the topic abruptly.

 

It didn't go unmissed by you and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter