[Jonghyun] Mnet Stage

The Girl in the Rain

 

The teaser for the Mnet stage came out 4 days before the actual stage. The usual idols were participating, and the people in our company, FT Island and us, CNBLUE. The teaser of SNSD showed what they described to us, featuring some unknown girl band.

“Which company are they from?” Minhyuk wondered aloud.

Instinctively, I replied “Yoona said they were an indie girl band.” The two kids looked at me with a weird look in their eyes.

“Hyung! You scored?” Jungshin asked. What? No, no, I didn’t think of Yoona that way. She was just an annoying acquaintance and sister-in-law’s unnie.

I sighed, “Jungshin, stop that before I hit you.” and he shut up without a word. I was wondering which indie girl band would be good enough for SNSD. And what was that thing that Yoona said?

“She’ll be watching,” Who? Did she know? Or did she just say that because she wanted to annoy me like always?

“Yah, Jonghyun, our last indie album. Good job,” Yonghwa said, which interrupted my thoughts. Right. We recorded a couple of days ago. I had two new songs up, and the album was set to be released soon. They were mass producing at this very minute.

“You too, hyung,” I replied. I knew Yonghwa was kind of guilty since he only made one new song. He always wanted ALL new songs in every new album. That’s how dedicated he was.

I went to the kitchen to get some milk and Yonghwa followed, “Your song, it’s for her, isn’t it?”

“Hyung…”

“Don’t deny it. I know you more than anyone.”

I sighed. Yes he did. And he had an uncanny ability to read my every move and even into my thoughts.

“At least it’s not about rain anymore,” I replied and locked myself in my room. I needed to practice for our stage by myself.

***

Finally the stage came and we were set to perform after Super Junior. We met them as they exited the stage. Naturally, as our seniors, we had to show our respects to them. Sungmin hyung eyed me jealously. I always knew he wanted to play guitar “officially”. Like in a band or something.

“Good luck up there, Burning,” he said. Idols always call me Burning. I don’t know if it’s because they forgot my name and didn’t want me to know it. I was adjusting my guitar strap backstage when a girl who looked like she was in high school came up to me.

“Uwa, you’re Jonghyun oppa! I really like CNBLUE!! Where’s my Minhyukkie?” she asked as she looked around. Quite hyperactive. Who is she? A fan? How’d she get in here? Or is she a family of one of the staff?

“Oh, look at the time~! I gotta go oppa! Say hi to Minhyukkie for me, araso?” she smiled at me then ran the opposite direction. I think I was hallucinating because I heard her shout, “I’m coming Yuki unnie!” at the end of the hallway.

***

Our performance went well even though that last name I thought I heard echoed in my head through my whole song. I rearranged the lyrics and performed it live. I hoped that this song could reach her… and I hope the next song I wrote will too.

Yonghwa hyung led Now or Never and I even told him that he could have some of my lines because it was his song after all.

When we got off the stage I whispered into Minhyuk’s ear, “It seems that there’s someone here who’s interested in you.” The idea made him excited.

“Really hyung? Is she an idol?”

Jungshin intervened, “Wait, Hyukkie, are you sure it’s a girl? Hahahahaha~”

The rest of us laughed and . Yonghwa decided to be in his leader persona, “Good work, guys. After this is the indie album which means the last indie concert… well, that is what I should say.”

And we all cracked up again as we headed towards our waiting room to watch the rest of the performances.

***

It was finally SNSD’s time and I was excited to see who was gonna play with them because I wanted to know and see through all this mystery.

The piano intro of Into the New World sounded and four silhouettes were seen onstage. I could make out the instruments: piano, guitar, bass and drums. I wondered if their guitarist was better or more experienced than me.

Then, the vocalist of the band started singing and I heard that familiar voice that used to sing with me a few years ago.

That’s Yuki’s voice. No, it can’t be. She can’t be here. The silhouette was still up and the girls of SNSD were in the stage and danced their routine. I must have been imagining.

At least that’s what I thought when the silhouettes disappeared at the middle of the song and the musicians appeared and that same voice sang.

I knew Yonghwa was seeing what I was seeing because his mouth was wide open when I glanced at him. And there I was, awestruck, seeing the girl I loved onstage with her band, playing with and for SNSD, on national television which may be posted on Youtube.

I didn’t do anything for their whole performance but stare at her face everytime her face was on screen or at least, that’s what I thought what I did but Yonghwa nudged me and said, “What are you doing here, babo? Go out there! To the audience.”

And I ran. Out the door, into the open hall where she was, performing onstage. Her orange PRS in her hand, she was playing really well. Her voice harmonized with SNSD and the pianist beside her. She seemed to be enjoying herself.

Could she see me? What should I do? I just stood there, not caring about the fans screaming behind me, wanting to go near. Good thing the guards were there, I guess.

The rest of the boys came after me and you could see the confused expression on Minhyuk and Jungshin’s faces and the concerned look on Hyung’s.

I didn’t notice Ichi standing beside me until he patted my shoulder. The song playing was Beginning and Yuki pulled off the solo guitar parts perfectly. I was just staring and hoping that she could see me but at the same time worried at what she might say when she did, or that she’d make a mistake or something.

“I wonder…” was what I heard Ichi say as the song became Gee and they played a rock version first.

As the song ended, I braced myself of what will happen next. I knew she was angry at me. I felt conflicted.

That’s when I felt Yonghwa’s hand on my wrist as he gripped it and dragged me as he said, “Come on, let’s go and give our respects.”

I was nervous the whole walk towards SNSD’s waiting room. Minhyuk opened the door and a squeal followed.

“AAAH! Yuki unnie! I told you I saw CNBLUE! Minhyukkie came here too!” the same high school girl squealed. Oh, she was the drummer. I just noticed that.

Ichi was in the room, I saw that he was beside Yuki who was staring at the floor. She looked awesome in that rocker outfit, a plain white shirt under a half-length leather jacket and ripped pants. It’s weird to say but I think it suited her.

“Hana-yah, don’t scare our guests,” I recognized the girl named Miyo, say. I knew the girl beside her was Eri. They were our friends in SOPA and they came from Busan too.

We made formal introductions. First CNBLUE, then SNSD, the last was the band which called themselves D.N.A. So that’s what they’re called.

“Jonghyun-sshi, this is their leader, Yuki. They’re from Busan too and she’s the same age as you,” Yoona said as she dragged Yuki towards me. She stared daggers at Yoona.

To my surprise, she looked at me and held out her hand and said, “Nice to meet you, Jonghyun-sshi.”

I shook it and we stood there, into each other’s eyes for what I thought was one of the longest minutes in my life.



 

HELLO! It's the weekend here so I'll have time to write more chapters! Another one coming up in a few hours, I assume.

Thanks to my subscribers and for your comments! Hope you can comment more because I really like reading them.

For silent readers, it's okay but I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe and comment^^

That goes for the rest of you too XD

On the story...

Oooh, they met each other already! This'll be the start of something very interesting... I hope everything goes well, though. Haha. The songs they performed on the Mnet stage were some of my favorites :)

Once again, please subscribe and/or comment! Thank you!