[Jonghyun] Coincidentally…

The Girl in the Rain

 

I have been using CNBLUE’s twitter much too often. I like the fact that Yuki updates hers almost every minute of every day so I could keep track of her even without coming into contact with each other. A few days ago, President Han gave me a bundle of mail which I thought was just the usual fan mail. But it was delivered personally by the president, there had to be something there.

I realized they were the letters Yuki had written to me when I was away, training in Japan. So these were the intercepted letters Ichi talked about. President said that he was sorry to have kept them but now he thought that it was time to change, whatever that meant.

The letters were simple, but I felt Yuki’s presence over them even if they were written a long time ago. She has a way with words. I noticed that the dates were consistent but they stopped exactly the day after our first indie album was released. I know now why, of course. It was because of that song… the one she told me I had no right to write because I was the one who left her.

I set my phone to show an update whenever Yuki tweeted something and it beeped so I checked.

LGuitar_Snow: Packing up for Japan! I have a surprise for everybody soon!

LGuitar_Snow: It will be a while. I will miss my sisters T.T

She’s going to Japan, alone? Well, I guess she did deserve a time off from all this controversy. The issue seemed to die down, though, but I was still angry at Jinwoon. Yonghwa hyung would laugh at me and kept saying, “Now you know how I felt.”

SNSD was busy with their own promotions so I guess Yuki hasn’t talked to Yoona in a while. She was her friend but I guess it makes sense to concentrate on work first. Because if we don’t put our all in our work, we’d never get anywhere.

Still, though, it would be nice if Yoona talked to Yuki. After all, Yoona was used to controversy, issues. She knew how to cope with them. I hope she could help Yuki.

***

“Jonghyun-ah, how’s the song?” Yonghwa hyung called from the kitchen.

“Almost done, hyung.”

“Good, we’re heading to Japan in a few days.”

It surprised me when the manager said we were going to Japan for a few concerts and to prepare to release our debut single as label artists. The song I was making was for the new album. Of course, we still had to make our own songs.

***

We were in the airport. Luckily, the press didn’t get a hold of our schedule and it seems the fans haven’t either. I couldn’t blame them, though, it was so early in the morning that I had to wear sunglasses to hide my strained eyes.

“Jonghyun oppa!” a familiar voice called me from behind. When I turned, I felt someone hugging me.

“Yah, Yuki. Don’t do that in public, or in front of me, for that matter,” Ichi hyung said as he hurried towards me and Yuki. What were they doing here?

Yuki released me and smiled. She was happy today for some reason, but I’m not betting that it’s because she saw me today. Ichi seemed to notice the confused look on my face, “Ah, Warner Music arranged our flight to be the same as yours so that they won’t have a hard time fetching us from the airport.”

Yonghwa hyung approached and nudged my shoulder, “Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. Yuki’s gonna be our labelmate in Japan. Fun, huh?” I looked at him, such an important matter like that and you forgot to tell me?

This is great, though, Yuki and I get to spend time with each other in Japan. Best of all, Jinwoon is in Korea and can’t do anything else about it.

Yuki was still hugging me and I realized she called me oppa. She pulled on my collar, meaning for me to lean in so she could whisper something.

“Just kidding, aho.” And she ran behind her brother, teasing me.

“Oooh, Yuki’s in such a good mood,” Yonghwa hyung commented.

Ichi scratched his head, as if not knowing what to do with his sister, “She’s been acting childish since yesterday. I can’t blame her, though, we’re going to be staying with Mom and Dad. It’s been a long time.”

So that’s it. She was going to see her parents again. I could barely remember them, to be honest. They were almost never around when we were kids. The only time I saw her mom was when I would fetch her from her house and her mom would offer me breakfast, which I declined because I had already had breakfast at home. Then I realized that I had never met her dad. I suddenly felt nervous for some reason.

***

The plane ride wasn’t that exciting since we were all sleepy so we spent most of the time sleeping. Yuki and Ichi sat away from us because we knew that would draw suspicion once we did. We had to leave the plane at different times too since it was already a good deal into the morning and the fans were already waiting for us.

We then dropped by the apartment we had in Japan and then headed to the company. Work, work, work. No matter where we go, it was always that.

I loved my work, though, so I’m having fun.

***

I rarely see Yuki in the company. Seems like she’s really busy working on her debut. I wonder which song it will be, what kind of music video she will do. I enjoyed DNA’s “The Chains That Bind” MV since it was rock and Yuki’s guitar riffs and solo were awesome. I wonder what concept she’ll have here?

Her birthday was coming up soon, and the day was drawing nearer and nearer. I needed to have some kind of event for her… I wonder what it should be?

I’m not really the romantic type, though, maybe I should ask Yonghwa hyung.

Yes, I should ask hyung…



 

Posting this during the break time in between classes :)

Don't forget to leave your comments!

Gotta run,

Kei