Thoughts

The Girl in the Rain

 

FNC Music.

A boy in the corner was wiping his red electric guitar, deep in thought.

‘I have to write a new song soon for the next album. Damn, why can’t I think up of anything?’

“Yah, practice in 5!” somebody called from the hallway. Probably his hyung. He stood up and put the guitar on its stand. He won’t be using it today even though it was his favorite one. The one that had many memories. Memories of her…

“AHH! Snap out of it!” he told himself. It’s been almost 2 years, why now?

Instead, he picked up his Gibson Historic and ran to the practice room.

***

“All right, that concludes practice for today. Well done,” their leader, Jung Yonghwa, said as he looked at his bandmates. “Jonghyun, I could tell you weren’t focusing much. Focus next time.”

“Yes hyung.” said the younger guitarist as he looked at his feet. ‘Concentrate, stupid’ he told himself over and over again.

Jungshin yawned and said “I don’t really understand why we have to practice. We just had our goodbye stage 3 days ago.”

Their leader smiled, “All the more reason to practice, eh? Besides, we’re not just performing in Korea. We have an indie album in Japan to worry about.” Yonghwa turned to Jonghyun and looked at him intensely “I need your new song soon. Are you working on it?”

“I- I am…” Jonghyun stuttered. He couldn’t tell his hyung that he was having one of those days when he couldn’t think up of anything, it would worry his bandmates.

“Good. You can all attend your personal schedules now.”

***

Jonghyun just sat there, in front of his desk, a blank paper in front of him. He had the rhythm already, but he didn’t know about the lyrics, or the title even. He needed motivation, which he couldn’t find at the minute.

“I’m suffering writer’s block. Wrong timing.” he muttered.

“Hyung! Jungshin played with your phone!” Minhyuk shouted from the living room. The two older guitarists stuck their heads out from their rooms.

“Aish, shut up, Minhyuk,” Jungshin said as he tried to close Minhyuk’s mouth and reach for the phone at the same time.

After their first album was released, they were finally allowed their own phones and electronics, and the two older members could have their own car. It was such an improvement compared to before, when they were just starting out.

Jonghyun’s eyes widened. He thought it could have been his hyung’s phone. It wasn’t. Yonghwa had an iPhone. The phone Minhyuk and Jungshin wrestled over was Samsung SII, Jonghyun’s phone.

“Drop it.” Those two words left Jonghyun’s mouth, at that instant his dongsaengs stopped fooling about and looked at their hyung with scared faces.

He wasn’t the type to easily get angry, but when it came to his personal stuff, Jonghyun was kind of possessive.

“Minhyuk, tell me what Jungshin did,” Jonghyun said, trying to calm himself down.

“He texted someone.”

“Who?” Jonghyun said with gritted teeth. His anger was slowly fading but it was replaced by another feeling. ‘Why am I suddenly nervous?’ he asked himself.

Jungshin was looking down on the floor and shrugged his shoulders “You don’t have that many contacts, hyung. But there was one I didn’t recognize…”

Jonghyun froze. ‘Oh no…’

Yonghwa was watching the whole thing from his doorway and managed to chuckle “See, Jungshin? You managed to turn your hyung into a statue.” He walked towards Jonghyun and put an arm on his shoulder “Jonghyun-“

“What did you text?” Jonghyun cut off his hyung and shouted at Jungshin.

“It was only a normal te-“

“What did you text?”

“How are you?” the younger one replied, eyes still on the floor. Jonghyun looked at his messages and sure there was a message on one thread ‘How are you?’. The last message was a long time ago…what would he do if there was a reply?

Yonghwa sensed that if he didn’t lighten the mood, Jonghyun would be out for blood. “Okay. That’s that. Jungshin, as punishment for touching Jonghyun’s stuff, you’ll be cleaning for this week. Araso?”

“Yes, hyung.” Jungshin said as he went inside his room.

“Minhyuk, you better watch yourself while you’re in the same room as Jungshin” Yonghwa warned. Minhyuk smiled his usual smile. “Don’t worry, hyung. I’m used to it.” he replied as he followed Jungshin to their room.

Yonghwa sighed “They’re still young,” he turned to Jonghyun, who was still frozen but now he was looking at his phone, “Jonghyun-ah, you and I need to talk.”

***

To: Yuki

Message: How are you?

***

They were in a coffee shop near their dorm. Yonghwa thought it was appropriate to talk somewhere out of the prying ears of their dongsaengs. After all, he was one of those people who knew of Jonghyun’s situation and he always blamed himself for it.

“You want to go back home?” Yonghwa said as he sipped his coffee.

“She’s not there anymore,” Jonghyun replied, still looking at his phone.

“Right, she was already in Seoul when we were in high school?” Jonghyun simply nodded in reply.

Yonghwa sighed, “I don’t know what I’m supposed to do with you.”

“What does that mean?”

“I think I’m not the only one who noticed. After all, we are idols, but the people who are close to you should have already noticed it.” Yonghwa said as he looked at Jonghyun with serious eyes.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Yah, you know you can’t hide from me, right? I’m your best friend!” the older one said as he smiled “You’ve always been shy towards people, but I thought you’d change that after debut. It seems though that your intensity of shyness has become greater. You rarely talk to other idols. Remember what I said about being friendly?”

Jonghyun sighed “Is that the reason for our talk? It’s getting pretty late. I know, I’ll try to interact more with others.”

“That’s not the only reason why we’re here.”

Jonghyun knew what was coming. After all, Yonghwa is his best friend, no matter how much he denies it. Yonghwa knew everything, he couldn’t hide it from his hyung.

“You know, people are starting to notice this rain business,” Yonghwa said as-a-matter-of-factly. Jonghyun didn’t know what else to do, so he laughed. That laugh that melted all the fan girls’ hearts.

“I don’t know what else to write about,” he said after his laughter subsided. He knew all about those posts their Boices made, saying and asking about why he always made songs with rain in them.

“You and I both know that’s not the reason.” Yonghwa replied, his face was serious. He knew he couldn’t get Jonghyun to admit it, yet he knew that Jonghyun knows what he’s talking about.

To Yonghwa’s surprise, Jonghyun stood up and said “Hyung, I’m never giving up. All of you can call me whatever you want, but I am never going to forget. I will never move on.” and he left Yonghwa sitting there.

“I wonder if she’s feeling the same for you, Jonghyun.” Yonghwa said as he paid the bill and followed his friend.



 

Yo! I just want to make this clear, in the title, if a character's name is enclosed in [ ] like in the previous chapter, that means the story is told by that person so if it's like [Yuki] it means the story is told in Yuki's POV. If there is nothing like that in the title, it means that the story is told  by the narrator. Araso? Hehehehe...

So this chapter is told by the narrator.

I know, I'm writing short chapters. I just don't know how to make it longer. Miane! Hope it'll be okay, though. Hehe.

Jonghyun can't move on, oh no. It seems that Yuki has, though (or has she? Hmmmm...)

Comment, subscribe! I'd really appreciate that =)