[Jonghyun] Unexpected

The Girl in the Rain

 

She was lying there, beside me. I closed my eyes, I was still sitting up but I leaned on the headboard so that I won’t be lying down. There were times when I was a light sleeper, the slightest of noises send my eyes wide open. It seemed that it was one of those nights.

Yuki turned in her sleep, and I watched until she lay still to close my eyes again. The honking of cars didn’t help either. I kept thinking that the press was on to us.

I looked at Yuki’s bedside clock and it showed 1:00AM. Good. It’s already deep into the night so the noises won’t be that much. I could probably get some sleep now. I was about to close my eyes when I noticed Yuki was having a nightmare.

“No… Don’t…”

I scooted over to where she was and put my arm around her, “Yuki, it’s okay. I’m here,” it didn’t help, though. She kept muttering…

“Don’t leave… Jonghyun…”

“Sssshh, Yuki, I’m right here.”

“I need you… don’t go…”

I hugged her as I tried my best not to let tears fall. Did she have these nightmares every night, for these past years? She felt my body press against hers and she stopped twisting and turning.

“Oppa… I never told you about Jinwoon have I? I owe him a lot.” I froze at what she said. Jinwoon? Owe? What does that mean?

“Ichi-niisan, Ichi oppa, did you think that things would just go back to normal? You and me. We both owe Jinwoon,” she kept muttering. I let go. Stood up and went to lie down on the music room floor. Aish, Jonghyun. What are you jealous for?

Sleep didn’t get to me that night. I lay there on the music room floor, wide awake.

“Come feel the season changing with every heartbeat meguri yuku hibi only you and me~”

***

My phone’s clock read 7:30AM. Today was Monday. Yuki will be going to school, I guess. I got up and went to the kitchen to see what I could cook. Eggs, bacon… they will do. Just as I was about to put the bacon on the pan, the phone rang. Without hesitation, I answered it.

“Yuki! Is it true? Ichi said we shouldn’t go to school today. We want you to tell us EVERYTHING once we see each other. probably in a very hidden place. The press is here in the company! I guess your brother wants you to stay put…”

Miyo’s voice chattered on the receiver. I didn’t know she was the type to talk a lot. She noticed that nobody was answering so she said,

“Hello, Yuki?”

I smiled and replied, “Annyeong, Miyo-sshi. Yuki is still in bed right now. I got the message, though. Don’t worry, we won’t be going anywhere.”

“Jonghyun?! WHAT-“ I put the phone down and cut off our conversation. Hehe. Call me a kid, but it was fun hearing the shock in her voice.

“Oppa?” I heard Yuki call from her bedroom. Ah, she’s awake. Just in time for breakfast. I set the table and waited for her to come into the dining room.

“Oppa, you left me yesterday-“ her eyes widened when she saw me smiling and at the table. She seemed to recall what had happened after the amusement park and I could see her face blush. So cute.

“Whe- Where did you sleep?” She stuttered.

I sipped my cup of coffee and replied, “Beside you, of course.”

“WHAT?!”

“Calm down. It was just for a bit. I went to sleep on the music room floor when you started muttering some other guy’s name.”

Her face blushed to an even deeper red. I couldn’t help but smile. Well, it WAS true.

We ate breakfast in silence and it was almost 9:00AM so I guess Yuki has decided for herself not to go to University today.

As if reading my mind, Yuki set down her utensils and said, “Miyo called me, that’s why I woke up. Apparently someone has been answering the phone calls from my house phone.”

She couldn’t look me in the eye. Sigh. I didn’t know what else to say but, “Sorry.”

***

It’s a good thing I kept a spare set of clothes at the trunk of my car so I could bathe and change clothes. I received a text from hyung saying that I had to stay put today.

I was drying my hair when Yuki stepped onto the living room. She just finished her bath. Fortunately or unfortunately, I was still wearing JUST a towel.

“Kyaaa~!” Yuki screamed when she saw me half- and ran back to her room.

“Open up!” I called from the opposite side of the door.

“No. You’re . ert!”

ert?

“Come on, Yuki.”

“NO!”

“My clothes are in there so there’s no use for not letting me in. You’ll just have a half- guitarist in your living room the whole day!”

“I’ll give you your clothes. Just don’t come in here.”

“If it’s okay with you to hand over my underwear.”

“Damn,” I heard her say from inside the room and the door opened so I went inside. She was trying not to look at me.

“Well? Do you want to see me change? I’m taking off the towel now.” and I heard her run towards the living room, slamming the door behind her.

***

We were sitting on the couch, watching television. We didn’t have that much to do anyway. Yuki sat at the far end of the couch, as far away from me as possible. I could tell she was glancing over at me from time to time.

“You’d better wipe that smirk off your face before I do it for you,” she muttered. I waited for it, a chance to in every little way. I inched near her and raised her chin so that our lips were just a few millimeters apart.

“How do you intend to do that, Yuki?”

The usual blush was back again. I loved how I could make her face red every time.

Just then, the show we were watching was back after almost millions of CFs. It was a live show, and it had idol guests. I just noticed that Jung Jinwoon was there and it was his turn to have a conversation with the MC.

“So, Jinwoon, have you read about the articles concerning DNA’s leader? We heard that you know her. What’s your story?” the MC started.

Jinwoon gave a smile and started to answer, “Nuna saved me before. I wanted to go into a rock hall but I was just a minor then. The guard was about to shove me off when she arrived and said that I was her dongsaeng so the both of us went in together.”

“This was, in your trainee days, I assume?”

“Yes, I told her it was my dream to become a rock star and she shouldn’t give up on her dream too. And that was that. The next time I saw her was at the café like what one of those articles said,” he was looking down at the floor, shy to tell people of the story.

I wanted to break the television. I could sense that he wanted to say more. As if reading my mind, the MC asked another question.

“So, do you like Yuki-sshi?”

Jinwoon hesitated a bit, looked at the MC and nodded. Ooohs and Aaaahs and Awwwws can be heard from the audience.

He smiled and added, “To be honest, Nuna has always been my ideal.”

The MC wiped away fake tears, “But, Jinwoon-sshi, it seems that she’s going out with CNBLUE’s Jonghyun, who was also with you at the café. What can you say about that?”

“I don’t think they’re together, though. Sure, it seems like they’ve been friends for a long time but I don’t see anything more than that between them. And Nuna isn’t the kind of person to be caught kissing a guy in a public place. I won’t believe it.”

The MC nodded, “Heard that, viewers? Okay, now let’s move on with…”

The rest of the show didn’t seem to register in my mind anymore. “I don’t see anything more than that between them,”?

I wanted to storm out and punch him straight on the nose but something else said at the back of my mind, “Perhaps Jinwoon did you a favor? He said that to help you from the press?”

That would make sense.

Still there was one thing that I was sure about, press related or not, saving us or not…

Jung Jinwoon liked Yuki. And I was not about to let that develop into something more.



 

Hello~ 

Thank you, subscribers! Your comments are really giving me the will to write more. 

On the story...

I particularly like this chapter a lot because they both of them had the day for themselves. Jonghyun is a bit playful, which I find cute. And the part where Yuki called him a ert~ EPIC~ LOL (I amuse myself sometimes).

Anyway, I hope you liked this Chapter too! I'm fully-recovered now so I'll try my best to update as much as possible!

Jinwoon, Jinwoon, Jinwoon.... ^_^

As always, please don't forget to leave your comments... and for those who haven't yet, please subscribe!

Tell your friends :)

Until next time,

Kei