[Yuki] My Birthday

The Girl in the Rain

 

November 13th. Some say it's an unlucky day in a sad month. The day I was born. Perhaps...

The very first time I felt happy on that day was when he took me out to escape, since I told him I disliked my birthday.

“Well, I'll make you like it," was what he said...

Aish. Yuki. Sudden flashbacks are annoying. I picked up my phone and saw the same text messages from my friends.

"Happy birthday! Too bad you're not here in Korea so that we can celebrate together. Everybody misses you. Be happy today, Yuki."

But then, there was this one message that stood out the most.

From: Jonghyun

Message: I know you have the day off today. Wanna come to Yoshinoya? I'll be waiting for you there^^

Yoshinoya. His favorite restaurant. Hell, why not? Oppa went back to Korea for company stuff and Umma and Appa were still in Kyoto but promised to be back before the day ends. Probably around 11 tonight.

I got dressed and looked at myself in the mirror, "Happy birthday, you messed-up person."

***

I was walking down the street when I saw an LED board on one of the shops show a teaser for my music video. Yup. I was getting positive responses here in Japan. I was thinking of maybe staying here for a little longer until the issue back at home is forgotten. It was then followed by CNBLUE's teaser. I continued walking until I reached the particular restaurant.

He was already seated at a table meant for two. Wearing a trenchcoat over a red tshirt, he still looked handsome as ever. My childhood friend, Lee Jonghyun.

I sat down and he greeted me and I said thanks. Then the order came in because he ordered for me when he arrived. Gyudon. I remember the conversations we had in the past.

I ordered a Coke while he drank pineapple juice. He never drank soda as far as I remembered, even though he did eat a lot. I giggled at the thought which made him ask, "What's funny?"

I told him but he didn't seem to get the humor in all of it. After our meal we went to a game house. I at Guitar Hero and found myself amused that so did he. More laughter. I forced him to play Dance Revolution with me and so he did. He was always so awkward when he danced.

We moved on and went to the instrument arcade. We mostly looked at the guitars here and there. It was then that I noticed he had planned all of this, which made me smile. I was surprised when he sat down in front of a white grand piano and started playing Eric Clapton's Tears in Heaven.

When he was done, he stood up and bowed to the clapping crowd that gathered during his performance, went in front of me and whispered, "I will forever be in love with you."

I broke down. Tears. He let me bury my face in his chest. My best friend, no, my boyfriend is so persistent sometimes. "You know, we never broke up."

I realized that too. Despite the fact that he left, and I told him I didn't love him anymore, there was no such thing as a breakup.

I wiped away my tears and looked up at his smiling face, "That means you're still my girl, no matter what."

I'm still his, no matter what. No matter how much I push him away. No matter how the other people would react to it. I am still his. His.

You could say that I'm stubborn this way. I knew it all along but I denied it. Stubborn Yuki.

"Well, you are named after snow. I guess that's why you're stubborn," he explained. "Snow is indecisive. It doesn't have a particular time to go down. Just that when it does, it does." I poked him to show how ridiculous the thought was.

I was having a nice day, probably the best birthday I've had in a while.               

We wandered the streets of Japan, hand in hand. Admired the shops, went in the music stores. I looked at the street and I realized something, “You know, you didn’t give me a present yet.” He leaned over and kissed me by surprise. When he pulled away, he said, “There you go.”

“Yah, I mean a real gift! Not a kiss!”

“Isn’t a kiss from me enough?”

“I can kiss you anytime! I want my gift!”

And he kissed me again and again and again, “I can kiss you anytime, eh?” I blushed, realizing what I just said. Baka, Yuki. He smiled that dimpled smile and I poked them, making a pouting face.

“Ai, kyeowa~” he exclaimed and walked away. I caught up to him and gave him a surprise backhug. “Present! Present! Present!”

He lifted me up and gave me a piggyback ride. People were staring at us… “Let me down, Jonghyun! People are watching!”

“Anniyo. You were the one who started to act all childish.” I wiggled and thrashed until he lowered his back and I calmed down, only to find out that it was a feint and I was still riding his back, unable to go down to the ground. I decided to just let him carry me. He will begin to get tired at some point.

We ended up at a park. He set me down on the grass and before I knew it he was on top of me, smiling. “Wh-What are you doing?” I felt his lips against my neck, my jawline, my cheek and eventually my lips. He was enjoying playing around with his little kisses, I knew because I would feel it every time his lips would curve to a smile. When he got tired, he collapsed on the grass beside me.

I could feel him breathing beside me, he had his eyes closed and his mouth formed a smile. This was one of the few moments when I could admire his beauty… Suddenly his eyes opened and he stood up abruptly. I sat up, curious of what he was doing. He seemed to be looking for something.

He ran to the monkey bars and stood on top of it. I watched him from below, unsure of what he was planning. Then, he cupped his hands over his mouth forming some kind of cone when I realized he was about to shout—

“I LOVE SNOW! I WILL LOVE SNOW FOREVER! SNOW IS MY MUSE! I LOVE YOU!” and he jumped and landed right in front of me. I was wide-eyed with shock and the only thing I could get out was, “Bakayarou.”

He kissed me good night in front of our house. He hugged me then left, promising to see me at the company tomorrow.

When I came in, my parents still weren’t home. I should be disappointed or even angry at this, but nothing could wipe the smirk off my face. It didn’t matter. I just had a wonderful day. I spent it like a normal person, no media or cameras. Just us.

When I got to bed his words echoed through my head the whole night, “Aieru, Yuki... Saranghanda.”

***

I thought it would be the happiest day of my life, until a few hours later when my parents found me passed out on the floor, clutching my shirt over my heart.



 

Hello~ Shocking ending XD Wait, backtrack! 

I always wanted to write a chapter of them going on a date... so here it is! They so cute togethahhh... Kekeke. BTW, for those of you who got confused at jonghyun shouting, Yuki's name means snow in Japanese. Couple, couple~♥

Watch out for the next chapter^^

Comment, subscribe, tell your friends

*bows* thank you 

Til Next time, 

Kei