[Jonghyun] Return

The Girl in the Rain

 

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. The song was in Japanese so I was certain only a few people understood. I looked at Ichi beside me. I swore I thought he looked like he was going to hit somebody.

Yuki was singing a love song. A love song that she made. A love song she wanted me to listen to. It was for me.

I felt a pat on my shoulder and I looked behind me. I hadn’t noticed that SNSD was sitting behind me. Yoona was the one who pat my shoulder and she was smiling at me.

“Do you understand?” I asked her as I nodded towards the stage. She shook her head and pointed at Seohyun. Ah, so she had an interpreter. I laughed at the thought but stopped myself. Yuki was finishing up so I stood and went to her waiting room.

We had to have a small talk.

***

I was sitting on a chair when I heard the door close and I thought it was already Yuki. But when I turned I saw her brother, Ichi, close and lock the door.

“Where’s Yuki?” I asked, confused.

“She’ll be here later. For now, WE have to talk,” he had that serious look in his eyes. Uh-oh. I think I’m in trouble.

He took a seat and gestured me to follow and so I did. He put his fingers together and there was silence for a little while.

“You know I should punch you or something. I am her brother but I didn’t do anything at that time. Do you know how much I regretted that? I shouldn’t have let her go with you. I shouldn’t have let you have her. It was my duty to protect her. Instead, I trusted you. I treated you as my friend,” Ichi said in a low, grave tone.

“I don’t understand what you’re talking about.”

He glared at me and I thought I was about to run for my life, “Jonghyun, you hurt her once. She almost got away from me. She almost gave up on herself. I don’t want that to happen again.”

I breathed in deep. I knew I had to say the right words, “It won’t happen again. I swear,” was all that I said.

“Ichi, you know how much I love her. She is the reason I am who I am now. She’s my everything. I won’t let anything or anyone hurt her, ever. I won’t forgive myself if that happened. I’ll protect her. I won’t make her cry because,” I stood up and looked at him in the eye. I can be known to be very intimidating and I hoped it worked in this situation.

“I love her.”

I heard a thud on the floor and I spun around and saw Yuki in the doorway. The thud was from her guitar. How long has she been there? Was she listening? I looked at Ichi and he shrugged and stepped towards Yuki and kissed her head in his own brotherly way and whispered something in her ear and then he left.

“Oh, and Jonghyun, welcome back,” his voice echoed from the hallway.

***

I couldn’t read Yuki’s expression. I guess she was shocked from what she had just heard.

“My brother said I should forgive you,” she started and it would have been better if she didn’t add, “Can you believe him? And he’s supposed to protect me!”

“Yuki…”

I was surprised to see her break down and cry. At first instinct, I came and hugged her. As usual, she didn’t seem to care but I was surprised again when she hugged me back, and she cried on my shoulder and I pat her hair.

“It took you this long, Babo,” she said.

“I know, I’m sorry. I’m never letting you go again.”

“Didn’t I tell you to never make promises you can’t keep?”

I laughed, “I know I can keep that one.”

She laughed too and closed her eyes. I could feel her heartbeat close to mine as I leaned in.

The first real kiss between the both of us for almost 3 years now. I pulled away, touched her face and whispered in her ear, “I’m going to prove it to you.”

***

I grabbed Yuki’s guitar on the floor and ran to the stage. I could hear Yuki’s voice calling, “Jonghyun! What are you doing?!”

With a little talk to the MC, I got on stage and there I stood in front of the whole school, Japanese delegates and all. I breathed in and I did what I intended to do.

“Hello everyone, my name is Lee Jonghyun and I’m from the band called CNBLUE,” I said in Japanese, and then in Korean.

When they let that sink in, those familiar screams and squeals from the crowd were heard. People were taking out their cameras and trying as best as they can to get me on screen.

“I’ve asked permission to sing a little song for someone very special to me. For the person I love the most-“ sqeals from some girls, “I wrote this for you, if you can remember. This is a new song from 392 and it’s entitled Illusion.”

And I started to sing. I sang with all my heart. I know Yuki could hear me. I know she understood.

I’m doing this for her.

***

I finished my song with a “Now have I proved myself to you? Thank you for your time, everyone,” and ran down the stage and back into the waiting room.

“That was insane, Jonghyun!” Yuki ran after me and she was out of breath. The two of us looked at each other in the eyes and we burst out laughing. Right then, my phone beeped. It was a text from Hyung.

From: Yonghwa

Message: Yah, Jonghyun! What were you thinking! You’re all over the internet! Hopefully no articles will              

                  pop out because of this.

Yah, don’t worry hyung. I’m not as popular as you are anyway so there is a large possibility that there won’t be articles tonight.

Yuki led us to the rooftop. She always liked a nice and quiet place despite her diverse character.

“Yuki…”

She sighed and looked at me, “Babo, what else do you expect me to do? You made a song for me, you sang it in front of so many people for me, you told my brother you’d take care of me. We even kissed!”

My face lit up like a lightbulb at that, “Then does that mean…?”

She tiptoed and kissed me on the cheeks, “Yes. You’re mine, Lee Jonghyun… until forever.”



 

Such a short chapter :| 

Hello everybody, haven't posted in a while... I want to say that I won't be updating as regularly as usual this week because my homework is piling up, and we have dance practice and all. So, sorry I won't be updating much but I hope everybody will bear with me!

This isn't the end of the story, of course. THERE WILL BE A LOT MORE TO THEIR LOVE STORY. So please wait for that. 

On a lighter note, yay! Yuki kissed him! But we haven't heard her "i love you" yet, huh? I wonder why....

Please wait for and look forward to the next chapter! I always loved doing Yuki's POV.

Don't forget to subscribe and/or comment! Thank you everyone! 

Ahhh, I'm taking Korean class too. Busy busy...