A Sign of Change?

Because Everything May Change ()


(Key’s P.O.V)

 

I walked confidently inside our classroom, as usually every eye inside this stupid classroom are staring at me. They will look at me for a second then whisper something to the one they’re talking to then they will laugh loudly letting me hear it. When I sat down my chair at the far back of the room, one of guy classmate went in front of my desk.

“Hey , did you enjoy ing with other gays last night?” He even laughed mockingly at me, then his friends laughed with him.

I rolled my eyes at his ridiculousness. “Get the away, Taecyeon.” I hissed at him before throwing him a death glare. I don’t even know why they waste time making fun of me. Taecyeon laughed with his friend and walked to their group of friends that includes Mr. don’t-approach-me-‘cos-I’m-ing-straight Kim Jonghyun. He also laughed at me with his so ‘AWESOME’ friends. I rolled my eyes again when they all looked at me and laughed mockingly.

Yeah, yeah. What a mature thing to do. I just took out my IPOD from my pocket and plugged my earphones on then I turned it to maximum volume. After drowning the noise inside the room with my favorite song, I took my books out of my designer bag and read our lesson yesterday. I guess there’s nothing new today, just the same old natural routine everyday.

After a few minutes, the homeroom teacher came in the classroom. I unplugged the earphones out of my ears and placed back my IPOD inside my pocket again.

“Good morning everyone.” Ms. Lee greeted us then the class greeted her back with infuriated tone. “I would like to tell the class that we have a new student joining us today.”

 Everyone, including me, looked over at the door that revealed a small cute guy with long reddish hair and milky whit skin.  He looked so cute and very beautiful, but what makes him stand out is his really pretty eyes.

“Hello! My name’s Lee Taemin, I’m 16 years old. I accelerated by one grade so don’t wonder why I’m in your class. Nice to meet you!” He smiled brightly at everyone, making all the hearts melt with his beautiful smiling face.

“Now that you introduced yourself, take a sit beside Mr. Kim Kibum.” All the girls protested about Ms. Lee’s decision of making the new guy sit beside me. “Quiet! Mr. Lee will sit next to Mr. Kim, so enough protesting! Mr. Kibum please raise your hand so that Taemin will know where to sit.”

“Here!” I raised my hand then Taemin smiled at my direction. I smiled back at him, making the girls glae at me.

He walked towards me and said with a smiling face: “Nice to meet you.” I wanted to say the same thing but he whispered. “Are you a girl?”

“E-excuse me?” I stuttered and looked at him with a question mark above my head. “W-what d-did you just said?” He just smiled. “Do I look like a girl to you?” I asked him with a dark voice.

He just shrugged and plopped onto his seat. “Yes… sorry if I mistook you but you .. just.. never mind.. “

I shrugged too. The guy just smiled at me. Aish… what’s up with this guy? He looks more of a girl than me… Then the class started. It was boring as usual so I looked out the window and stared at the sky. It was blue, you could see no clouds. I smiled to myself,  I liked how the sky was colored as blue. It makes you –

*plop*

A small paper landed down on my desk, I looked over the new guy Taemin and he was making a V sign with his fingers. He smiled widely. I opened it with a sigh:

*Ah, can we be friends? =)*

I looked again at him, making me smile. He was just so cute. I wrote my answer on the paper.

*Sure we can be friends. I hardly have one anyway.*

*Jinja? And why is that? you look nice and friendly. Why don’t you have friends, hyung?*

I sighed at his question.

*Maybe because… I’m gay?*

*Omo! you’re a gay?*

I looked at him again, he was staring at me. I know he’s waiting for my answer.

*Yes I am… and I bet you two will leave me alone now that you know I’m one.*

His reply surprised me. No one ever said those thing about me before.

*that’s fine hyung, gays are nice people. My older brother’s one, and maybe I am too.*

I laughed lowly at his words, he’s really a great and nice guy. Another paper landed on my desk.

*you should always laugh. You look so cute when you are.*

I can feel my cheeks warm up at what he just said about me. But, I just tried to hide my embarrassment.

*why thank you~ Taeminnie~*

*You’re welcome hyung. By the way, what do you want me to call you?*

*Just call me Key, for short.*

*Okay, Key-hyung! I’m glad that I made a nice friend like you*

I smiled at his cuteness, then I wrote down my reply on the paper.

*Nice meeting a guy like you too.*

We talked using the papers whole period, then the subject ended without us realizing that it did. I sighed, put my books and also all his message papers into my bag. I stood up and walked to the cafeteria. I heard footsteps behind me, then a hand patted my shoulder.

“Yah! Why didn’t you wait for me, Key-hyung?”

I glanced back and saw Taemin pouting at me cutely. I laughed at his cute pouting face, then his pout changed into a bright smile. “You know you’re really cute when you laugh, hyung.” I was taken a back when he grabbed my hand. “Now, I officially make you my new boyfriend.”

“W-what?? But you’re straight!” I retorted back at him.

“Never said I was, I said maybe I’m gay too earlier.” He smiled cheekily at me. “Don’t argue with me being you’re boyfriend. ‘cos you are now.” Taemin looked at me with a puppy dog eyes on his face. “Or you’re not happy being my boyfriend?”

I sighed and mentally slapped myself, picked up some food and walked with a happy Taemin to an empty table. Everyone’s gaze were focused into us, when I glanced at where Jonghyun was seated our gazes met. I could see him giving me a disgusted look so I quickly glanced away.

“You like him don’t you hyung?” Taemin whispered to my ears when we sat down the empty table. I looked at him and nodded slowly. “Oh… so that means we couldn’t be boyfriends… but we’ll be one until you’re not together with that guy, okay?”

I just smiled at him and shuffled his hair cutely. “Araso. Just eat your food.”

After a while the bell rang so we headed back to our next class. The whole day we talked about different stuffs and I really began to like Taemin. It was nice to have a chitchat with someone. It’s not like some one talks to me before. when the teachers are around all the students avoid me and leave me on my own., but when the teachers are gone everyone makes fun of me and laughs at me. Well, I can’t blame them, its because of their we-are-so-high-than-you- attitude.

‘Is this a sign of a change?’