A Lion & A Penguin

Unexpected Love

Author's Note - This is continued on from the first chapter so please go refresh your memory if you don't remember the ending.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After a lot of heavy breathing trying to catch their breath from the sudden running to get away from whatever that thing was although they had a small idea to what it might be. They needed to make sure what they were dealing with first before they make any conclusions.

As they started to stand up with the remaining strength they had left and start to look around their surroundings. It was a big spacious farm house; they could see cows outside grazing but a few dead. They look like they’ve been eaten but can’t tell from the view of the front door window. They turned around and started to walk towards the kitchen to see if there was any food around. What they found was odd though. There was left over soup in a big pot on the stove, it looks like it is still warm only been cooked about 4-5 hours ago. There were dirty dishes in the sink as well with fresh clean ones stacked next to it.

 “Do you think there is someone still living in here??” Chaeyoung asked worried that they are intruding without asking but it wasn’t their fault they didn’t know where else to go.

“Hmm maybe it’s very possible, they could of just went out for a drive I saw tire tracks while running up the dirt road” Mina said while opening the fridge, examining the contents inside she was clearly hungry.

“What about if they come back unnie! I don’t want to die yet!” Chaeyoung screamed and shaking mina’s shoulders.

“Yah calm down its fine, I’m here” she said sternly

“Look we will just explain what we are doing here they should understand our situation” mina said holding her cub’s shoulders to calm her down and get her frame of mind right.

“Ok..okay unnie” She quietly said putting her faith in her lover. Chaeyoung walked to the living room and sat down on the couch sighing. ‘I hope we done the best decision running away together and my family is doing fine, I forgot my phone again to I’m such a pabo!(idiot)’ Chaeyoung thought sighing up the roof and it didn’t go unnoticed by Mina.

“Hey why do you keep sighing you’re not regretting running away with me already have you??” Mina asked giving a worried face. She doesn’t want her little cub to be sad as it was Mina’s idea although Chaeyoung did say she was ready.

“No..no it isn’t that at all I never regret leaving with you Mina unnie, I’m glad I did!” she defended herself shaking her head

“It’s just I miss my unnies a lot and my hyung I want to contact them but I forgot my phone as well” she said in a low voice looking at the floor fiddling with her feet.

“Ooohh..I see” Mina muttered walking to her sad looking cub and plopping herself next to her giving her a hug.

“It will be okay Chaengie, I’m sure your family is doing great! You said your hyung got a job to… stop worrying so much you get me worried to you know” Mina said trying to cheer her lover up while hugging her.

Chaeyoung hugged her back putting her head into mina chest. They stayed like that for a good few minutes but mina broke the silence.

“Come on we haven’t explored upstairs yet, maybe there is a mobile phone with signal” she excitedly said getting up and holding out her hand for Chaeyoung which she accepted. For some reason their home telephone was missing which they found odd.

They both went up the stairs Chaeyoung following mina as she was a little scared. They slowly walked up with a few creeks here and there from the steps. Once they got to the top they noticed 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. Deciding to go in order of left to right they started with a small kid’s room but found nothing interesting just a few toys that occupied one bed inside. However, Chaeyoung found a little toy lion and she asked mina if she could keep it. Mina nodded and smiled seeing her cub happy hugging the little toy.

The next room was a bigger bedroom that had 2 separate beds on opposite sides. It looked to be for elder kids maybe their age 17-18. One side full of girly things and the other more boyish things.

“Look over here Chaengie!” mina said waving her hand into her direction on the guy’s side of the bedroom.

“What is it?? Did you find a cell phone??” Chaeyoung excitedly said rushing over to her unnie.

“No even better.. a penguin plush..look isn’t it adorable!”she exclaimed showing Chaeyoung a cute penguin plush crushed against her cheek hugging it.

“Aish you got me all excited mina!” she annoyingly said walking out the room holding her own toy.

“Yah you don’t think I’m cute, plus you have a toy why can’t I!” she shouted pouting while sitting on the guys bed.

“I never said you wasn’t cute my little pouting penguin” Chaeyoung giggled with her head popped around the corner of the bedroom occupied by mina.

“Now come on we got 2 more rooms to explore” She said waving her hand to mina as if to come with her.

“Alright alright I’m coming” mina got up from the bed with her stuffed toy still clasped in her hand.

The last bedroom was the biggest of all the 3 and seemed to be the adult room with one king sized bed in the middle of the room pushed against the back wall. They both start rummaging through draws of clothes and underwear to find a cell phone. Looking under and on top of everything but no luck.

Suddenly Mina hears a car pull up outside the front of the house and went to go look outside the window viewing the front of the house inside the current bedroom.

 

“That was crazy, what were those things they’re everywhere!” mina heard some man mutter.

“Chaengie come here I hear people outside talking and I think they are the owners of the house” Mina whispered trying not to get the attention of the people outside. Chaeyoung crept to where mina was and crouched down under the window so she could hear them as well.

“Yeh I agree let’s never go that way again it’s too dangerous!” a woman spoke this time.

“Alright then, come guys in the house it’s too dangerous to even stand outside!” the woman spoke again and sounds of the door knob unlocking opening the door rung in their ears.

“Omg I think I know who these people are unnie aren’t they…” mina cut off Chaeyoung

“Shh will you, I hear them downstairs we need to hide we aren’t sure who or what these people can do!” Mina whispered worryingly.

She dragged chaeyoung quietly and slowly to the bathroom next to the big bedroom they were in trying to make as little noise as possible so there weren’t found. They locked the door and hid in the shower, closing the curtains.

Mina and Chaeyoung heard little footsteps coming up the stairs followed by creaking sounds.

“Hey where is my toy lion gone!” A little girl shouted to her parents.

“Yeh and where is my Penguin??” A guy voice shouted.

“Ohh no!” Mina whispered looking at her stuffed penguin and Chaeyoung’s toy lion.

“We need to get out of here quickly Chaengie!” mina whispered frantically looking for a window to maybe crawl out of. Luckily she found one just above their heads.

“Hey look chaeng a window I pretty sure you can climb out and go get help??” Mina asked looking desperately at Chaeyoung.

“Yes of course unnie” Chaeyoung said determined. She stood up and tiptoed to try and lift herself through the window but no use since she was just too short.

“Awww you too short” Mina teased and chuckled earning a death glare from chaeyoung.

“Sorry your just so cute, but here give me your foot I’ll give you a boost” Mina whispered locking her hands together so Chaeyoung could get a boost. She stood on mina’s hands and pushed herself up and through the window.

 

 

 

 

....

 

 

 

‘CRASH’

 

Since it was 1 floor up she fell quite hard with a little crash sound but luckily she fell on some bush but the sound didn’t go unnoticed.

“Hey who’s out there??” a woman asked looking out the window. However, she didn’t notice chaeyoung lying flat in the bushes under the window. The woman didn’t see anything so she just walked back to the kitchen.

“Phew what a close one” Chaeyoung muttered quietly

She rolled out of the bush onto the floor before looking for a way to the main road. She crawled quietly going behind the car and passing it when she hears a man come out from the front door and walk to his car holding a pistol.

‘ what do I do’ Chaeyoung thought but it was too late.

“HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING BEHIND MY CAR” shouted a tall well-built man towering over her.

Chaeyoung just crouched in her spot blank frozen in fear.

“I SAID WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??” he shouted again now pointing his pistol at her.

Chaeyoung finally got to her senses and ran for her life bolting it up the path way to the main road while the man is shooting and running behind her.

“THIS IS MY PROPERTY YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE HERE HOLIGAN” he shouted. He kept shouting multiple horrible things as he was running continuously shouting but missing every time.

‘I’m sorry mina I couldn’t keep you safe, I wish I never agreed to leave otherwise none of this would have happened’ Chaeyoung thought crying her eyes out before bumping into a police man and falling to the ground.

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

‘BANG, BANG’

 

The police man shot twice at the man running towards Chaeyoung that was shooting like a mad man but he is now on the ground. Chaeyoung looked up, shocked at the police officer her eyes wide.

“Are you okay now kid??” the police officer said giving his hand to Chaeyoung which she gladly accepted and stood up.

“Umm ye..yess tha..thank you” she stuttered still in shock from what she is seeing.

“Is there anyone else in the house that might harm you??” the police officer said worryingly as another police officer comes up behind him, his gun held up high.

“Yes…there is a ..woman and 3 children I believe …but umm” Chaeyoung stuttered thinking of who else is in there.

“But umm what kid??” the second police officer asked

“My girlfriend is in there, PLEASE HELP HER I DON’T KNOW IF SHE ..is safe??” she pleaded for help starting to cry in fear of losing Mina.

 

“Okay we got it, just go sit in our car and we will be right back don’t worry” the first police officer said giving a sweet reassuring smile.

Chaeyoung walked to the car and sat inside. While the police officers nodded to each other and started to walk to the house eventually out of sight. ‘AISH I can’t just sit here and do nothing when my Mina unnie, my love is inside, no I can’t sit here and do nothing!’ Chaeyoung thought and pushed the door open and run as fast as her little legs could take her back to the farm house. She heard multiple gun shots when she was running making her even more scared. She got to the front door and pushed it open slowly seeing blood all over the floor.

“Omg …MINA UNNIE” she screamed crying falling to her knees. ‘Don’t tell me they found you and shot you, you can’t be dead YOU CAN’T BE!’ Chaeyoung thought over and over again crying really hard.

 

 

 

...

 

 

‘CREEK, TIP TAP’

 

“Yes Chaengie I’m here” Mina said happily walking down the stairs and towards the front door where Chaeyoung was kneeling down crying followed by 2 police officers.

 

Flashback

Mina’s POV

 

‘Hurry Chaeng I need you’ I thought still sitting in the bathtub scared out my mind. I suddenly heard shouting going on outside and then gun shots but didn’t know who it was from but they started to get more and more faint. ‘Ohh I hope that isn’t you Chaeng I can’t live without I can’t lose you know not now’ I kept thinking happy thoughts but got cut off from the sound of the door knob twisting.

“Hmm why is it locked, god where’s the key??” I heard a woman say then leave.

“ohh no Chaeng I need you NOW!” mina muttered to herself quietly

“Finally I found the key” the same woman voice said as I heard the door knob starting to turn and unlock.

The door opened slowly and a figure walked in but quickly stopped. ‘ she found me I’m dead’ I closed my eyes and put my arms up in defence.

 

 

 

...

 

 

‘BANG, CRACK’

 

“WHO THAT IS MAKING ALL THAT NOISE” the woman shouted closing the door and rushing downstairs.

‘BANG, BANG’

More gun shots?? Who is shooting??’ I kept thinking just hoping they don’t fine me in here.

“WHO ELSE IS HERE, WHERE ARE YOU??” two men started to shout and come up the stairs.

They both searched all the rooms and again with more gun shots. ‘They killed the children to?? Who are these monsters’

Suddenly my head lifted towards the door opening slowly.

“Anyone in here?? I heard you needed help??” one of the guys said walking and turning facing the bathtub curtains.

“GO AWAY, I DON’T NEED YOUR HELP YOU SCUB BAGS” I shouted but imminently regretted it as the guy pulled back the curtain. My eyes closed the whole time.

“Ma’am are you okay I’m a police officer, open your eyes” the man said calmly ‘police officer?? Chaeng you did get help, my little hero’ I smiled internally and opened my eyes.

I started to cry with happiness seeing a handsome guy in police uniform holding out his hand and smiling.

“Come on ma’am no one is going to hurt you they are all gone now” he said reassuringly with a bright tone lifting me out from the bathtub. I put my arm around his shoulder to help me stand up as I’m still in shock from everything.

I saw the blood all over the floor and in the kid’s bedrooms. There the kids lying dead with a bullet shot wound through their head. The horror my eyes saw it will haunt me I’m sure. He walked me downstairs when I heard “Omg …MINA UNNIE” from a very familiar voice. Chaeyoung. Then suddenly I heard a loud burst of crying and someone falling to the ground. ‘does she think I’m dead?? Better surprise her’ I thought still holding onto the two stuffed toys.

End of flashback

 

Author’s POV

 

Chaeyoung looked up in shock and happiness! She was so relived to find her unnie safe and sound without a scratch on her. She ran straight towards mina and jump hugged her making mina fall to the ground from her weak legs.

“You did me proud Chaeng you found help and came and saved me” Mina in near tears seeing her little cub happy safe and sound kissing her cheek.

“I THOUGHT YOU…YOU WERE DEAD” Chaeyoung shouted in between her cries

“Of course not I’m here to stay Chaengie no matter what” mina said reassuringly in a calm tone.

Their reunion was cute but was cut short from the sudden police officer speaking.

 “Girls come on we need to go quick and get back to the police station, we need to tell you what’s going on” the first police officer said helping Chaeyoung up. While the second officer helped mina up.

“What do you mean??” Chaeyoung asked curiously wiping her tears away clinging on to mina

“All will be clear once we are at the station so let’s get back to our car and go as soon as possible” the second officer said walking ahead of the 2 girls.

They all walked back to the car and got inside.

“Will there be a phone at the police station I need to call my family!” Chaeyoung asked suddenly remembering her unnies and hyung.

“Yes of course” the police officer on the passenger side said

The other officer got into the driver’s seat, started the car and drove quickly.

“Ohh I almost forgot Chaeng I saved our stuffed toys” Mina said pulling the stuffed toys out from her jacket and giving the penguin to Chaeyoung.

“Why are you giving me your penguin one??” Chaeyoung asked

“Because if we ever get split again, I will still be with you” mina said smiling showing her gums and kissing Chaeyoung on the cheek.

“Thank you unnie I will keep it close, like I will keep you close to me at all times” Chaeyoung said holding mina’s hand throughout the whole drive to the station.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Author - Hey guys i'm back again with a chapter! We are finally getting in the main story but much, MUCH more is about to come. Some characters will be introduced in the next chapter so dont worry. But question is who?? and will Chaeyoung be able to finally get to hear her unnies and hyung again?? Keep reading to find out ^.^! Btw my amazing Co-Author helped me with this idea!

 

Co-Author - Hey my name is SNSD_Jessica_Lover! I'll be helping Jale (Author) over here with some ideas for this story, and I hope you will all support her along this amazing jouney!!  Please check out my story to!! Thank you :)