A Father's Help

Unexpected Love

“Wh..what’s that in the distance?? It looks..li.. like its walking towards our direction??” Bomi stuttered (as Momo fell asleep) pointing with her index finger through the cars front glass window out into the distance shaking like mad.

Chorong instantly looked in the direction Bomi was pointing however didn’t see anything and thought Bomi was losing her mind.

“What you looking at Bomi there’s nothing there!” Chorong irritatedly said as she got really worried for nothing.

“Anyway we need more gas, so I’m going to go out and find some arraso??” Chorong asked a rhetorical question as she pulled the door handle, opening the door.

 

*BOOM*

 

I giant flash of bright light accompanied by a loud boom sound could be heard from the distance on the right of them past all the trees. Chorong, Bomi and naeun whipped their heads towards the flash, with confusion written all over their faces that quickly turned into worried ones. Momo still fast asleep on Naeun’s chest.

“What was that??” Bomi whispered

“I don’t know… but I’m going the opposite direction now to find gas” Chorong whispered back still determined to find some fuel for the car.

She opened the door and took one foot out before she was dragged back inside by Bomi looking at her very furiously.

“You’re not going anywhere after that (pointing in the direction of the flash) It’s too dangerous!” Bomi whispered angrily not wanting to wake up Momo sleeping peacefully.

Chorong just let out a huge sigh knowing she is right but they can’t just stay stuck stranded and go nowhere. They needed supplies. Food.

“Why don’t you come with me then, it will be safer??” Chorong asked seriously as it was already midday and they needed to get a move on soon before dark rises.

“What?! And leave these two here al…”

“Gosh I’m not that young I can take care of Momo and myself I’ll just lock the doors, okay?? Hurry back soon unnies” Naeun said cutting Bomi of her sentence.

Bomi just looked at her annoyed because Naeun knew she was scared to go out with Chorong. However, bomi’s plan backfired and she is now getting dragged out of the car by Chorong. Naeun waved one last goodbye before the two started walking but this time not hand in hand as they usually do because someone was really annoyed.

“Yah get back here, you’re going too far!” Bomi shouted at Chorong as she was a few feet in front walking at a quick pace.

“Ohhh so your talking to me again” Chorong shouted back letting out a little chuckle while stopping for Bomi to catch up.

“No I just don’t want to be alone” Bomi moaned back as she walked past her.

“See your talking to me again” Chorong lover laughing out loud while grabbing Bomi’s waist as she walked past her.

“YAH!”

“Shhh not so loud, let’s just keep walking I think I saw a gas station not far from here” Chorong said as she smiled brightly leaning her head on Bomi's shoulder.

Bomi just scoffed and agreed as she felt safer when Chorong was holding her. Chorong was holding onto Bomi’s waist tightly behind her while walking in synchronisation. They walked like this for a good 10 minutes before finally finding the gas station they passed back while driving. The building looked old like it has been there for more than a decade and hasn’t been renovated. Old newsstands where outside with newspapers dating back to the 1990s. One of the windows broken smashed into pieces all on the floor. Although the building looked old and ragged the fuelling station looked brand new with touchscreens built into it. It seemed abandoned. Chomi walked up to the fuelling station cautiously just in case anyone was around or maybe inside the building.

“Hey look I found one of these plastic fuel can things, why don’t you fill it up with petrol??” Chorong said picking up the plastic can and handing it to bomi who just looked perplexed.

“How… how do you know what this is??” Bomi asked confused while taking the red plastic can.

“Ohhh because my dad taught me when I was young, I guess it just got stuck in my brain” Chorong said letting out a small awkward chuckle.

“Really?? Wonder what else your dad taught you” Bomi said laughing as she turned around walking to the nearest fuel station, grabbing a hose and starts to pump petrol into the plastic can.

‘I have a feeling I’m going to show you more soon’ Chorong thought while walking towards the entrance door of the building and placing her hands and face on the glass door peering through to see if she could see anyone but nothing. No one. Just snacks stacked all along the shelves, only a few that looked to have been thrown on the floor and crushed. Chorong quickly took a glance back to Bomi to see if she was looking but she wasn’t. ‘Great better quickly look in maybe I can find something to eat in here for all of us!’ She thought as adrenaline started to kick in as her heart began to race a little.

 

Chorong’s POV

I opened the door slowly hoping it wouldn’t make a noise because I know miss ‘overprotective’ over there won’t let me go in. I took another quick glance back to Bomi before I walked into the building. It was not too well lit but the midday sky light was shining through making me able to see most of the inside not too much of the back though. I started to rummage through stacks and stacks of crisps and sweets all along the shelves. Picking up the ones we know we liked and shoved them inside my, not so big, side bag. I walked to the back where the fridge was located but didn't seem to be working anymore. I saw many sandwiches, drinks and even meat but just opted to get some sandwiches and drinks as I don’t know how long these fridges have been turned off for. I quickly shoved them into my bag that now couldn’t even close.

*KNOCK*

‘Whats that?? Don’t tell me Bomi found me inside… I’m dead’ I thought closing my eyes letting out a small sigh then looking through the glass window that was being illuminated by the sky but nothing. I could clearly see Bomi standing back facing me still filling up the plastic can. ‘She takes forever’ I thought and just brushed it off but..

*KNOCK*

‘Again??’ then I realised it wasn’t the sound of the window it was the sound of a wooden door on the other end of the store on the left. I’m feeling really hesitant and scared now. I can hear my heart beating so fast like it was going to jump out of my body. I walked towards it cautiously with quiet steps trying not to make a sound, however the same can’t be said for my heavy dominate breathing. The knocking suddenly stopped as soon as I stood in front of the door. I looked at the door handle with curious eyes. My hand without me even thinking took hold of it and turned it, unlocking it. As soon as I pulled the door knob something shoved it open with great force knocking me to the ground. My body came crashing down onto the floor and so did a few things on the counter next to me. Suddenly I felt something fall on top of me clawing at my face with its bony hands. Still not realising what was on me as my eyes were tight shut I tried to pry this thing off me by punching it over and over again in the head. All I could hear was “ahhdjsfdusfsdhfsdiuh” no actual words just noises. Noises sounding like they are ready to feast on food. That’s when I opened my eyes to the horror. The same horror I saw back in the woods. ‘Another zombie?? There everywhere!’ I thought with his half ripped mouth snapping open and closed in an eating motion 3 inches from my face as I held it by the shoulders with all my strength.

 

Flashback

“This is going to help you someday Chorongie, now what do you do if you are being held down on the ground by a stranger and you can’t get up??”

“You look for anything around you that is useful and hit them with it” A young Chorong said smiling brightly.

“Good girl! … you’ll be just like you father someday!” A man said while rubbing Chorongs hair making it a little messy while giving a huge smile of happiness and accomplishment.

“You promise to become strong like your father Chorongie??... I would want you to take over the force after I get old!” he said becoming more serious.

Chorong just looked up at him and nodded happily.

“I promise father don’t worry!”

"That's my girl" giving Chorong a thumbs up as she did the same back.

End Of Flashback

 

‘Thank you father for everything… I’m so sorry for going behind your back you are the best father I could ever have, you gave me everything I needed/wanted but I betrayed you and left you. Worst of all I broke our promise… I’m sorry for being a worthless daughter to you. I don’t deserve you’ I thought getting angrier at myself. I decided to use my anger to an advantage and remembered what my father taught me. Whipping my head left I saw a wrench on the ground right near my head. I smiled before quickly grabbing the wrench although losing my grip with the ‘zombie’ it fell right next to me. With one swift move I hit the ‘zombie’ with all my strength right on its temple causing it to instantly stop moving. Blood splatters everywhere as I left a crater looking hole in the side of the head. I breathed in and out rapidly while scooting away from it on the floor. I stared at it for a good few seconds before I felt someone lift me up by my waist and drag me out in a blind of an eye. My eyes never left the ‘zombie’ for a second. My hand still clenched onto the wrench dripping in blood. As soon as we got out of the building Bomi started to shout at me but I couldn’t concentrate all my thoughts gone. Just everything that happened replying in my head like a broken record player. I feel Bomi’s hand grab mine as she starts running my legs automatically following hers. My brain still in a daze.

 

Naeun’s POV

 

‘She’s so peaceful when she sleeps’ I thought smiling like a wierdo but I felt like a mother to her she’s just so cute and young. ‘Wait why do I feel wet??’ Great she is drooling like a little baby on me now. I kept very still not wanting to wake her up she’s had a rough day even though it hasn’t ended and I have a feeling it’s just starting. I just stare at Momo the whole time, the facial expressions she makes are just too funny. ‘I wonder what or who she is dreaming of’ this though made me chuckle quietly to myself. When I suddenly feel a hand squeeze my right violently.

“YAH!” I yelped as I jumped up in my seat at the sudden touch. Only Eunji has ever done that to me.

“HUH WHAT HAPPENED??” Momo yells suddenly waking up from her deep slumber and moving back to her seat looking at me worried.

My face just looked at her horrified as well as confused.

“What.. what was you dreaming about Momo??” I stuttered feeling so confused and awkward.

“Umm what you talking about unnie??… I don’t remember” Momo said staring at me perplexed tilting her head to the side slightly.

“You just d my in your sleep!” I answered back still feeling awkward as I held my s.

 

“GUYS OPEN THE DOOR QUICK” I could hear Bomi shouting only a couple of feet from the car.

I managed to move to the front of the car and press the unlock button that unlocked the car doors. I flopped back into my seat with Momo still staring at me with confused, sorry eyes. I couldn’t look at her at all. I couldn’t even glance at her. The other two finally opened the door and almost just fell into the car breathing rapidly like they just ran 1000 miles. Sweat dripping all down their face with burning red cheeks, they looked like a couple of ripe tomatoes gasping for air. They didn’t say a word, they just stared outside the front window trying to get their breathing under control when I noticed the wrench in Chorong’s left hand.

“Chorong unnie, why do you have a wrench (looking at it closer) COVERED IN BLOOD??” I screamed in utter shock. This made Momo jump up and look at Chorong’s hand.

However neither of them look injured?? Did they kill someone?? What is going on here?? I kept asking myself questions getting more confused by the second.

“Look…that’s not important *gasp*…now, let’s get this car… going first then we can speak” Bomi managed to say in between deep breaths of air as she got out of the car with a red can tightly clutched in her hand.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author - Hey guys! sorry for the slow updates :'( its only been 2 weeks since I started college and they are giving me homework like I have no socail life! But i'll try do a chapter each week! please wait for me ..THANK YOU :)

Comment your thoughts, I love reading your comments! ^.^