Training Day 3

Unexpected Love

‘CRASH’

“So how are my two favourite rookie scientists/doctors doing??” the general asked as he opened the door with a loud crash that lead into a small morgue. (A/N – If you don’t know what a morgue is search it up, it will give you a good picture of what I’m talking about)

Inside the relatively small morgue was a metal table located in the middle of the room that was occupied with a dead zombie corpse that had been scalped open carefully, with a few organs missing. There was 3 people inside, 1 on the left of the table and 2 on the right. They wore the normal doctor clothing that would be worn for surgery. Blue scrubs that has splatters of blood all over it with a blue hat, a mask covering their nose and mouth and latex gloves that didn’t even look blue anymore from all the blood.

“Nice of you to come so quickly General” the woman on the left said while pulling down her mask under her chin and holding a bloody scalpel in her other hand.

The general gave her a little nod and smile as he proceeded to walk in and stand next to her. He faced the opposite side looking at the two junior doctors/scientists.

“So have you two completed the training yet??” he asked another question curious as he tilted his head slightly left.

The two felt a little awkward as this is the first proper conversation they are having with the general. They got pulled away, by the same woman in the room, from their group since Chaeyoung at the firing range.

“Yes they have completed their tr…” the woman was saying before she got interrupted.

“I wasn’t asking you Lead scientist, I was asking these two” as he pointed at the two girls in front of him giving them a sweet smile.

The woman just scoffed and crossed her arms in irritation at the general’s words.

“We.. umm.. have completed out training sir” Eunji stuttered while raising her arm in a salute position and Dahyun doing the same. The general just chuckled at their awkwardness.

“Hahah.. okay excellent work” he said praising his youngers as he gave a thumbs up and winked.  “So what have we learned??” he questioned now becoming a little more serious. He wants to know what is causing this sudden zombie outbreak and maybe find a cure to stop it.

“Well ..” Dahyun began “Examining the zombie corpse, we found nothing wrong with the organs at all, they seem all clean and healthy apart from the obvious rotting starting to happen” she continued as she took a jar from behind her with a liver floating in some water, showing the general.

He just nodded at Dahyun and sighed. Then he turned to Eunji next to her as she seemed eager to tell him something as she tapped the metal table continuously.

“Got anything to add Miss Eunji??”  he asked putting his hands behind his back.

“Umm yes… I’m not sure if you could consider this good news but we found out the name of the disease that is creating these humans to turn into zombie like people” she started off feeling pretty proud.

The general’s eyes lit up in an instant at what Eunji had just said as he put his hands on the metal table and leaned in closer to Eunji, as if to say ‘carry on’.

“The disease name is … Haemoteosis pronounced hay..mo tee..oh..sis, it can only affect you if you get bitten by an infected person” she continued “However this doesn’t give us any sort of help on finding a cure unfortunately” Eunji finally said as her head fell low and just stared at the mutilated zombie on the table. The general took his hands off the table and moved back placing his hands behind him again.

“I see, well, have you discovered anything else?? There must be more?? I didn’t put you two here to not find anything helpful?!” he sternly said starting to get very irritated as he gritted his teeth together. His hands now becoming white from trying not to punch anything around him out of pure anger that was building up.

“Ahh.. yes we found something very interesting actually!” the woman jumped in pointing her index finger into the air feeling a little excited.

The general’s angry expression toned down a little at the sudden words of his lead scientist.

“What is it?? Tell me!” he quickly said feeling very eager to know.

“It’s best if Eunji explains it actually (Pointing at Eunji smiling) she’s the one that found this, she is really cleaver!” she said praising Eunji. She gave her famous eye smile back feeling super proud of herself, as she has a right to be.

Dahyun next to her feeling annoyed, as she also helped Eunji discover this but not getting any credit.

“Yahh I helped Eunji to! Why is she getting all the credit!” Dahyun moaned crossing her arms together and pouting like a little kid.

Everyone just laughed at her cute outburst. Dahyun still annoyed.

“Hahah.. sorry Dahyun, its true you also helped.. better??” the woman teased but showed a sweet smile.

Dahyun felt a little more satisfied but still feeling irritated. Everyone turned back to Eunji with interested eyes and open ears to hear what she had to say next.

“As we were looking at the brain cells and nerve systems in the brain we (putting her arm around Dahyun’s shoulder) found something very interesting that a normal human brain didn’t have… the brains cells colour is usually red (blood cells) but the colour of the cells in the zombie brain were all … black” Eunji said while Dahyun turned around picking up a small remote controller and pressing a few buttons.

A small 3D hologram just on the right side behind Eunji. It showed the normal working brain cells inside the brain of a healthy human. She pressed a button again and it changed to the zombie’s brain cells which were all black like the inside of a chain smoker’s lung black.

“As you can see here (pointing at the 3D hologram) the cells are black which means their brain cannot function properly explaining why they can’t speak or remember anyone” she continued as everyone was in absolute shock at everything she found. But it doesn’t stop there.

“Furthermore, we decided to investigate further to see what was causing them to still move as their brain wasn’t functioning properly, so we checked the nervous system in the brain and long and behold the nervous system was completely fine, untouched by the disease!” Eunji went on not letting anyone stop her genius brain from working in overdrive.

Everyone was in aww looking at Eunji’s discovery but one thing was running in the general’s mind.

“This is a great discover Eunji-shi but how do we kill the zombies??” he asked very curiously

“Ahhh well, good news as I discovered this I also found out that in order to deactivate or in simpler terms kill their nervous system you just need to stab them straight into the brain” she finally said making a stabbing motion to the zombies head on the table.

“That’s great news!” he shouted punching his fist into the air.

Eunji and Dahyun’s lips curled up so high their eyes squinted showing their adorable eye smiles as the General did his action. Before he suddenly got serious again which kind of frightened them with his sudden change in facial expression so quick.

“Well done Eunji and Dahyun, you have shown me great progress and I would love for you two to be on my team as our personal paramedics! What do you say??” he sternly said going back to his deep voice.

The two looked at each other very slowly turning their heads looking shocked at his rather crazy question as they only started learning today. They looked into each other’s eyes for a few seconds before turning back to the general.

“Umm what about the oth..” before Dahyun could even ask he spoke “Don’t worry they agreed to be on my team to” he said

Eunji and Dahyun still in shock they couldn’t believe that their friends agreed. They took one last look at each other and decided. For the sake of finding their other friends/lovers. They turned to the General with a complete different attitude as they were determined to do their best.

“YES SIR!” they both yelled with enthusiasm as they shot their arms to their forehead and feet stuck together into a salute position.

The general smiled brightly at the girl’s decision and did the same pose back.
“Welcome aboard girl’s you won’t regret it!” he lastly said as he nodded to the lead scientist then the girls as he casually walked out of the morgue leaving them.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Wh..what’s that in the distance?? It looks..li.. like its walking towards our direction??” Bomi stuttered (as Momo fell asleep) pointing with her index finger through the cars glass window out into the distance shaking like mad.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author - Double update! Enjoy :)