Mission Start

Unexpected Love

Once the general left them they all crowed around the table again picking up what they wanted. Chaeyoung picking up a custom assault rifle equipped with a red dot laser, silencer and extra ammo. The design on it was a dusty camo colour and this size fitted perfectly into her hands.

Mina picked up a dark red crossbow equipped with many different tipped arrows. Blue tips for explosives, purple tips for poison, red tips for fire and silver tips were normal. She flung it over her back letting the strap lay comfortably on her left shoulder.

Tzuyu picked up a katana sword which was nearly as long as her body. The metal reflected the light off showing how shiny and brand new it was before she put it back into its case and flinging it around her shoulder as the strap laid across the front of her body.

Sana picked up two machetes admiring the sharpness before putting it into two different slots on her belt.

Dahyun opted for the sniper rifle since Chaeyoung decided to teach her and Eunji went for a two pistol guns as she skilfully twirled them before putting into the pockets on her belt.

They all also got a simple knife, 3 grenades and a first aid kit each shoving it into the many pockets they had on their trousers.

Finally getting all geared up and ready to go they put their hands into the middle on top of each other’s before shouting “1… 2… 3…FIGHTING” and walking out of the room to where the general said he would be waiting for them.

Outside were two massive military trucks waiting for them. The general was waiting outside with two men either side of him both equipped with a heavy duty gun.

The girls were just laughing as the exited the front entrance of the building before stopping in their tracks becoming speechless again.

“Nice” the general admired the weapons they were holding thinking they each made a great choice.

“Come on then hop in” the general ordered waving to them to get on the first truck.

They just stared at the trucks for a good few second before moving their feet towards the first truck on the left. One of the men opened the back door to the truck so the girls can jump in. Tzuyu had to pull Sana up as she nearly fell. Such a klutz as always. They all said thank you to the man before he closed the back door.

They sat on the seats that were already inside trying to get comfortable. The only light that was inside what a few light on the ceiling just about illuminating their faces. A sudden small hatch opened near the driver’s seat.

“We are going to take a little drive and try to find who ever we can first and maybe find some more supplies to” the generals happy tone has gone and has been replaced with a more serious one.

They all gave a quick nod understanding what he said. The general didn’t close the hatch, leaving it open in case anything happens on the way.

He the engine as everyone could hear the engine roar loudly inside their ears. The truck starts to move slowly as it goes through the metal gates and onto the open road where the second one followed behind. All 6 of them sat back and tried to relax since they were still apprehensive about the whole thing. Mina, Chaeyoung and Dahyun sat next to each other on the right and Tzuyu, Sana and Eunji on the left.

 

Inside the truck was pure quite only the sound of the engine could be heard. No one uttered a single word ever since they entered the truck. Was it because they were nervous?? Was it that they didn’t want to disturb the general?? Whatever the reason they just didn’t speak.

They have been driving for over 2 hours already but the sun was still shining down bright as ever as it was only 1:54 in the afternoon. They hadn’t eaten breakfast properly but were used to it due to their vigorous training.

Finally, someone decided to talk but it wasn’t the girls it was the general up front.

“Girls I found something” the general said as the truck started to slow down eventually coming to a halt.

“I’m going to quickly check this out no need to worry” he said before getting out the truck leaving them alone.

They started to get a tight knot sensation in their stomach not feeling too good about this. Looking at each other worried. Mina held Chaeyoungs arm and Sana did the same to Tzuyu also laying her head on her shoulder.  After a few minutes went by the general gets back in quickly turning on the gas. The girls are startled by the sudden action and looked through the tiny hatch at him with worried eyes.

“What happened general??” Chaeyoung finally spoke up with a croaky voice.

He stepped on the gas pedal making the truck move fast as it shook a bit to before answering Chaeyoungs question.

“There is an oil trail leading up along this road and we are going to follow it” he said sternly.

They all nodded going back to the silence that filled the truck, anticipating what this trail could actually lead to. Maybe just a bunch of crazy people that could kill them. Maybe some lost hungry people or maybe even their friends. But they didn’t keep their hopes up as it seemed a bit impossible. Or was it??

They rode on straight for another 20 minutes before coming to a slow halt again. Everyone wisped their heads towards the hatch waiting for the general’s orders.

“We might to go on foot from here” The general said, signally for one of his men to open the door.

The loud sound of a metal door creaking open was heard before a flash of bright light hit their eyes. They all were taken aback by the burst of light as they squinted and brought their arms up to cover their eyes due to the fact that they were sitting in a rather dark truck for quite a while so their eyes needed to adjust. After a few seconds they gathered their gear and one by one they headed out. Tzuyu again assisting Sana in case she fell again. Sana gave a sweet squirrel smile as she held onto Tzuyus shoulders before jumping down almost falling on top of her but luckily Tzuyu is strong and caught her wrapping her arms around Sanas waist letting Eunji to jump down last.

 

Chaeyoung’s POV

 

The man closed and locked the door, while the general was calling all of us over to follow him up front. We all obeyed, walking like we were soldiers, ‘to be honest I felt like solider in these clothes,’ to the general who was at the front of the truck. We stood next to him waiting for him to give us more orders or even an explanation to why we have stopped but at the corner of my eye I saw a car ‘Huh isn’t that a police car??’ I asked myself as I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Okay the oil trail ends here just behind this police car… (Pointing a little ahead of him) … they must have ditched the car and went on foot so we have to separate into three groups so we can cover more ground” the general said sternly standing up dead straight looking down at us.

We all nodded nonchalantly and looked at each other. I instantly looked at my sweet penguin because no way would she let me separate from her and I didn’t want to leave her either. Nothing should happen to her on my watch. I noticed Sana clinging onto Tzuyu’s arm like she was some sort of doll no surprise there and Eunji and Dahyun kept making sick faces to Sana and Tzuyu which made us laugh slightly. The general wasn’t having our silliness as he suddenly spoke up in an angry tone.

“Okay listen! Mina and Chaeyoung you go straight ahead following the road to see if they walked up there” Me and Mina both nodded and saluted.

“Dahyun and Eunji you are with me since you two are less experienced” he continued. They both nod before he turned to the satzu couple.

“Ooookay you two will stay here and guard the two trucks so no one steals them or sets of the alarm off” he finally ordered. Sana nodded happily as it sounded safe but Tzuyu was a little more upset since she even told me she wanted to kill some zombie but non the less she was with someone she loved.

We all set off in our directions, me and Mina unnie started to walk straight ahead as we waved good bye to Satzu and the general, Dahyun and Eunji went into the woods right next to the car.

Only walking for about couple minutes I decided to hold Minas hand. It was very clammy and sweaty already. The fear engulfing her body as I could see it in her eyes. I entwined our fingers and gave her my famous dimple smile.
“It’s okay Mina unnie I’m here to protect you at all costs” I gently spoke trying to calm her nerves down.

She looked at me giving a non-convincing smile but I let it go knowing I can change that.

 

“help… anyone…” A faint shout was heard in the distance.

 

Me and Mina both stopped in our tracks and looking at each other slowly. We both heard a very slight shout for help but I didn’t know if my ears were deceiving me however judging from Minas face she also heard it.

“Mina unnie we have to go help them!” I blurted out looking very concerned at her.

Mina just scrunched her eyebrows together looking me as if to say ‘Really??” I just nodded violently. To this Mina just sighed heavily and agreed.

“Okay let’s go” she breathed not to enthusiastically.

With that we both ran at the speed of light to the cry for help which sounded like it was coming from further down the road and of to the right. We ran no more than 5 miles before we saw multiple zombies circling in on some people. It was really difficult to see since sweat was profusely dripping down my face into my eyes but i knew they were definantly zombies due to the ripped clothes and a few of them not have arms, fingers and legs, also the stench radiating of them was unbarable. Non the less we both still ran getting closer and closer. ‘Wait isn’t that Momo’s hair??’ but quickly changing my thoughts as we got so close that the zombies heard us. We stopped and panting like crazy as we tried to regain some air. Some of them started to walk towards us.

“Mina unnie… next me” I screamed breathlessly not wanting her to get away from me. We both stood next to each other with only an inch between us as I lifted up my gun to eye level and Mina loaded her cross bow with normal arrows. My heart was beating so fast I felt like it could burst through my skin. I took aim, my red laser pointing right in the between the zombie’s eyes. ‘Okay just like we trained’ I pulled the trigger and…

 

“HELP!...”  

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Author - Hehe im such a tease you have to wait till the next chapter to see if they are okay ;) Dont worry I hope they are to!

Please comment and subscribe ^.^!