Day Eighteen: The Land of Sand PT 3

だってばよ!; 私の忍道! (apply closed)
day 018: PT3 the land of sand.
 all i can taste is sand and dirt in my mouth - not cool.
 
Amelia was sitting in her living room just waiting for Huisu to come over. She had finished dinner a few moments ago just leaving it on the stove to kep it warm. She had also decorated her living room with blankets, pillows, and a few of her bigger stuffed animals to make it cozy and nice for their move slumber party kind of date. She heard the door bell as she jumpped up just opeing up the door. "Hi." Amelia let Huisu in as he was dressed in a green dinosaur onesie in his ninja shoes as he came in. "You walked all the way over in that?" She asked as she moved to the kitchen. 

"Yeah, it is warm and cozy." He looked at her. He set down his things on her coffee table as he picked up one of his bags just taking out a tubeware that had a small cake in it. He put in her fridge just seeing what she was warming up on the stove. "That looks good." He moved out her way just walking back to the living room as she followed him. 

"Thanks, it didn't take that long to make." Amelia said as she set it down on the coffee table just handing him a plate as she got what she wanted. She made a simple stir fry. She got up just grabbing two small bowls of rice just bringing them to the living room and giving him one. She crossed her legs as she sat down just turning on a movie as she started to eat. "So tonight I have planned a lot from starting with this movie and then we can draw while we having a movie in the background and then maybe we can have dessert or something?" She asked as he nodded. 

"That sounds good." Huisu said as he looked at her. "Oh! Before I forget, I got one of these for you too." Huisu set his plate in his lap as he pulled out a light pink dinosaur onesie. He handed it to her as she took. 

"I will go put it on after I eat." Amelia said as she set it down next to her. She finished eating as she carried her dishes to the sink as she set them down inside of it. She grabbed the onesie as she pashed her chair just walking off to her room. She came back just sitting down as she heard teh door bell ring again. She was confused as she walked to the door to see Kiba standing there in his mission outfit. "Hi." She said 

"Oh, am I interupting something? There was an emergency in a small town on the outskirts of the village and we need helpers." Kiba said as he looked at her then waved to Huisu walking up. 

"Okay, just give us an hour and we will be right there!" Amelia nodded as she closed the door after Kiba gave her the location. She turned to Huisu who had moved to bag of stuff as he was pulling out his mission uniform. "You can change in the hall bathroom." She pointed to a door as she headed into her room. She got changed just seeing Huisu strapping his scrolls and other tools on him. 

"Is it okay to leave my stuff here?" Huisu asked as he looked at her. 

"Yeah, of course." Amelia siad as she walked out of the door with him just walking to the location that they were told to go to. She looeked at the area as they walked up. She could see Seolkyu and Hyunwu directing the medical tents as Woozin was directing the clean up crew. She looked at Huisu. "We can redo this day tomorrow maybe?" She asked as he nodded just kissing the side of her head as he walked off with Kiba as he was already drawing large tents to put more people for Seolkyu and them. She walked over to where they were keeping the kids and things just helping doing first aid on the ones that didn't need much so that Seolkyu could focus on the ones need much more attention. 

Huisu sighed as he looked at Woozin. "What happened?" He asked as he drew an ink beast to help with the clean up. 

Woozin walked over to him as he crossed his arms just brushing ash off of him. "Some bandits that are on Kou's pay over attacked this village for not paying their dues on time for help from him." Woozin said as he looked at Huisu. He sighed as he picked up some debri just looking at him. "They were ruthless and didn't care who they hit." He added as he tossed some ashed wooden peices of pillar into some rubble piles. 

Huisu nodded as he looked at him. "Yeah, I can tell by all the descurction." He said as he drew some make shift homes for people to stay in until they can get the town clean again. "I am going to go put these in some clean areas so that people can get out of soot." Huisu walked off with his sketch pad. 

Woozin walked over to Seolkyu as she was healing someone just telling another person who to address wounds. He sighed as he watched her look up. "What do you guys need?" He asked as he crossed his arms. 

"More supplies would be nice and some more secure buildings to lessen the chance of infection. The critical patients have been taken to the nearest hospital but it makes it more comfortable for the sick and injured to be in safe place and secure." Seolkyu said as she was putting in a iv just squeezing a bag. 

"Okay. I will go talk to Huisu about that. Take breaks so you don't over work yourself, we can't have you go down too." Woozin pecked her cheek as she nodded. Woozin walked off to go find Huisu.

Seolkyu brushed her hair behind her ears as she sighed. "I am going to go check on everyone in the shelters." She said as she grabbed a couple kits as she looked to see Hyunwu wave her off as she headed into the shelters that Huisu had finished. She walked in as she walked to set up table just putting the kits down as she saw a couple of medical nurses patching people up. "Here is so more supplies, contact me if you find someone more critical that needs my attention." Seolkyu nodded as she watched them nod to her. She walked out to see that Huisu had them structures like the shelters as she walked in just going back to work. 

Woozin helped breakdown a burned down house as he tossed some roof tiles into a pile. He sighed as he looked around as it was going to take days for them to clean up this town. He was wondering where all these people were going to go. He kept helping clean up houses just putting aside personal belongs in the bins that they had infront of the houses. 

•••

Sunmi sighed as she had heard the news about the village hours after the clean up had started by Yunkyu as he had stopped by to tell her about it and not to worry that the others had it covered. She was basically at this point just sitting around helping Shouji do paperwork while they others had been in meetings all day. She looked at Shouji as he was making up packets as she sighed. "I am done with all of this. Where should it go?" She asked as he looked up from his area. 

"Just to where the others are, someone will take it from you then give it to them." Shouji said as he leaned on his elbow. "You shouldn't be too worried about the village attack. Your friends are very smart and can handle it." Shouji added as she stood up. 

"I know, but I feel like that I could help with the clean up with my wind style." Sunmi said as she picked up the files. She walked out of the meeting room just walking down the hall as she approahced the meeting room. "These are the next meeting topics." She told the ninjas infront of the doors as she was let in. She almost ran into Yunkyu who held out his hands. 

"I was just about to come get these, could you possibily have the next ones ready soon?" He asked as he looked at her 

"Oh yeah, sure - because it is not like I could be doing something better with my time." Sunmi answered as she looked at him. 

"Is everything okay?" Another advisor walked up just crossing her hands as she stood next to Yunkyu. "I'll take these, Kyu." She walked off as Sunmi glared at the other. 

"Oh, Kyu. I see." Sunmi walked off as Yunkyu closed the meetings doors. She kept walking as she heard Shouji call out her name as he was putting the next topics in folders as he had finished typing up the last ones. She sighed as she kept walking just stopped by the place that they were staying and gathered up her things. She walked out of the gates easily as she had her hood up just lowering once she was far enough from the village. She couldn't stay here and keep being a secretary while she could be making a difference. She had a map back to the village just following that as she walked. 

•••

Shouji rushed putting the rest of the topics just stacking them up and running into the area where they were handing them off just pushing them to the girl as he grabbed Yunkyu's arm. "Sunmi left. I don't know where she is. I had someone search around the building and she isn't anywhere. I had them start looking in the village. I think that she left." He looked at Yunkyu. 

"What?" Yunkyu asked "She was just here, how can she leave so fast?" He asked as he looked at the time. "It had been longer than he had thought." He sighed as he looked around. "I can't leave." He said as he looked at the other. 

"Do you think that I can?" Shouji asked. "I will send word back to the village and maybe they can send some people to intercept her in the middle of the way." Shouji said as he walked off. "But, maybe this wouldn't have happened if you didn't treat Sunmi like a lowly genin with no pontential. She isn't an office worker." Shouji his heel. 

"What are you saying?" Yunkyu asked "That I give her baby missions because I don't value her?" Yunkyu asked 

"You certainly do not act like it." Shouji said 

"I keep Sunmi in this position to keep her safe. If she isn't in harm's way then I don't have to worry about her dieing out there." Yunkyu said 

"So you're just poessive and selfish." Shouji said 

"Don't worry about sending people after Sunmi, I will take care of it myself." Yunkyu handed a letter to anbu who nodded and walked off. "And if that is how you want to preceive me then go right ahead. And if you every try to pit her against me again, then I'll really show you what a possessive guy is." Yunkyu walked off as he waved his hand for them to close the doors in Shouji's face.  Yunkyu looked at the same anbu about twenty minutes later that Sunmi had been recovered and was resting. He simply nodded as he told the others it was just a patrol update and to keep going. 

•••

Sunmi rolled over just lifting her head as she looked around the room. She was back in her inn room just having anbu station at the door and sliding door out into garden area. She didn't know how she had gotten here expect for the killer headache. She watched as one of the anbu's moved out of the way of the door opening as Yunkyu walked in just telling them that they could leave now. "Did you send them after me?" She asked 

Yunkyu waited until everyone left just shutting the door behind him. "Who esle would know the right people to snatch you back up?" He looked at her as he sat down in a chair. "You would have gotten yourself killed going alone - plus you were going in the wrong way." He added as he leaned back in his char. 

"I would have found my way." Sunmi said as he looked at him. "Besides don't you have a bimbo to help?" Sunmi asked as she crossed her arms.

"Oh no, I have a stubborn childish idiot to look over." Yunkyu replied as he shook his head. "If you must know the only woman that I can affect me is the idiot staring back at me. You might think that I baby you because I think you're weak or making fun of you - but I am keeping you out of death's way and keeping you by my side. You're just too stubborn to realize this." Yunkyu said 

"I don't need you to take care of me." Sunmi crossed her arms. 

"Okay. Have if your way." Yunkyu stood up. "I won't stop you, let you have your way with office boy, and I will go help the bimbo. And it will be very fun now that I don't have to protect you." Yunkyu walked to the door 

"You're just giving up like that?" She asked 

"Nothing I ever do is good enough, so yes. I am not the type to try to win a losing fight. Besides it seems like you are totally okay with me not taking care of you, sleeping with whoever I want - isn't that you are telling me?" Yunkyu looked at her 

"Are you trying to provoke me?" Sunmi asked 

"I am just trying to know if you want me around." Yunkyu said, "but I wouldn't mind to see what a provoke Sunmi looks like in this setting" 

"You don't have to leave, and I do want you around - but I just feel out of the lope and sometimes not equal compared to the others. They get to do all these important things while others just think of me as this tag along that can't do anything." Sunmi said 

"Finally, why do I have threaten to sleep with someone else to get you to be honest?" Yunkyu said "You just get mad then pout - complain to one of the girls and then tell me nothing is wrong." Yunkyu sat down on the bed

"What? You were being serious?" Sunmi shoved him. 

"Well I have to get something out of this trip expect from teh boring note taking all day if you were going to drop me." Yunkyu said as he grabbed her arm just pulling her down beside him. "And, no - I wasn't being serious. I already threaten that Shouji guy with pleanty of witneses that I would show him a war if he got close to you again. I think they all think we are dating or something." He looked at her " Anyway, you do understand that I don't think you're any different from the others in strength but I would rather risk theri lives than yours. I can't get another Sunmi if you die. Call me selfish but I don't want to lose you." Yunkyu said 
 
"Yes, I know. I just felt like I wasn't doing anything." Sunmi sighed as she looked at him. "You can't stop me from getting hurt. I am a big girl." She said 

"Who can't read maps." Yunkyu said as he caughed her hand that was going to hit him just pulling her closer. "Plus we do have others things to do than the meetings. There are some places we need to research that might help us get home, there have been reports of little ripples that show a werid world but are quickly closed." Yunkyu said he stared at her

"Do you think they are malfunctions?" She asked as he nodded as she pressed her hand to his face. "Then lets go." She said as she looked at him. 

"We can't fight then make up like regular people?" Yunkyu asked 

"No, gross." Sunmi got up "Come on, maybe if we find something that is actually usefull then I'll reward you later." She grabbed her stuff as he got up. 

"I rather get a reward right now." Yunkyu mumlbed under his breath as he followed Sunmi out of the room through the glass sliding door. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I am sorry for there not being a new chapter. I had most of this chapter written but I didn't like I how wrote some parts so I stepped away from it for a minute and rewrote it. I hope you like it!