Day Sixteen: PT 1 The Land of Sand

だってばよ!; 私の忍道! (apply closed)
day 016: PT1 the land of sand.
 all i can taste is sand and dirt in my mouth - not cool.
 
Sunmi sighed as she looked at the others. They had been traveling for a few hours now and were just taking their first break. She sat down on the ground as she stretched her arms just sitting and resting for bit. She watched Yunkyu going over scrolls and papers with Naruto as the other ninjas in the group were going over some maps. She shook her head as she laid back on her bag just looking up at the sky. She was just here to be here essentially as none of them offered for her to help or to look at anything. They didn't even ask her to watch out for the area as they already had people doing that. 

"You doing okay?" A new face walked up to her as he was light brown haired man with tan colored cloak on. He simple light blue shirt and skinny black pants with typical black ninja shoes. He didn't have any weapons on him as he bent down next to her 

"Yes. Did Yunkyu send you to check on me?" She asked 

"No. I came on my own accord." He answered as he looked at her. "You know that he talks about you alot and how much a pain that you are. Though, I don't see it." He said as he laughed. "Sorry, i forgot to introduce myself - didn't I? I am Shouji." He smiled to her "I am from the village hidden in the sand." He told her 

"You already know my name. It is Sunmi snice you have talked to Yunkyu." Sunmi said as she looked at him. She sat up as he moved back. "Why do you work in the leaf if you are from another village?" She asked 

"Well I help make sure realtions are okay." Shouji replied. He sat down just letting his legs straighten out infront of him. "Anyway enough about me. I heard that you confronted Kou." He said as he looked at her 

"I am not really suppose to talk about that." Sunmi said as she looked at him. 

"I know, but I agree with you. I stood up for what you had to say when Yunkyu presented it. If Kou had the courage to face you while people will all around waiting for him to surface then he must have been telling the truth." Shouji said as he snapped his fingers. "I almost forgot. This is for you. It is cloak that will hold up good against the sand and wind when we get closer. Yunkyu must not have told you to pack one." He handed it to her. 

"Yeah, he doesn't tell me a lot of things." Sunmi said as she took the cloak. "Thank you for this and thanks for i guess sticking up for me." She added as he shook his head. 

"It is my pleasure." He stood up as the group was getting ready to leave. He pulled her to her feet and watched her put her backpack back on. "I'll walk with you. My group hardly ever notices that I am gone. They are more concerned with Naruto-sama." He walked next to her as he linked his hands behind his back. 

•••

Seolkyu crossed her arms as she had been standing at Woozin's door for a couple of minutes. She figured that he was just running late or couldn't hear her from where he was. She knocked on the door a couple more times before pushing the door open. She slipped her shoes off as the door and let it shut behind her. She walked along just looking for Woozin as she couldn't find him. She walked out to the garden to see it decorated in string lights and flowers. She looked around for Woozin as she crossed her arms as she heard a couple voices in the house. "Woozin? Did you forget you told me to come at six?" She called out as she looked for the voices as she walked in a room. She sighed as she turned around just facing Woozin. 

"Did you hear me calling you?" Woozin asked as he looked at her 

"No, I didn't. I heard some voices. Sorry for just coming in but you didn't answer the door. I was starting to get cold." She said 

"Sorry, I had a vistor." He said as he took her hand. "If you are cold then I got grab a cloak for you. Did you see the backyard?" He asked 

"I did. It was pretty." She said as she felt a cloak being draped over her shoulders. "Was this your surprise?" She asked as Woozin rubbed the back of his neck. 

"Well you weren't suppose to see it until it got darker." Woozin said as he looked at her. "That is my fault. Well I did finish dinner. Have you eaten yet?" He asked as she shook her head no. He brought her to the a spot in the house just putting her in a spot. "This area isn't as cold as beign straight outin the backyard but you can still see the sunset." He told her "I'll be right back." He said as he got up. He brought up the food that he made. "I just made a simple spicy stew. It kind of tastes like an kimchi stew. There are some rice cakes and fish cakes in there too." He said 

"It looks good." Seolkyu said as she picked up a spoon as she tasted the broth as he made her a bowl. "The broth tastes good." She said as she started to eat just nodding. 

"Thanks, my mom taught me how to make it. Well i had to improvised a little." He told her as he started to eat as well. He smiled to himself as he was happy that she liked it. He heard the tea pot going off as he set down his chop sticks. "I'll be right back." He said as he got up. He came back with a tea set just setting it down on the table as he poured her a cup of tea. "Here." He set down a cup next to her area.

"Thank you." Seolkyu said as she looked at him. "You put a lot of work into this. Is this suppose to be a date?" She asked as she sipped on her tea. 

"Well kind of. I just wanted to do something nice for you snice everyone thinks I am the reason you are always sad or gets hurt." He said as he looked at her.

Seolkyu sighed as she looked at him. "I guess that I under stand why you didn't tell me what this was because I probably wouldn't have come." Seolkyu said as she looked at him. She could see his shoulder was starting to bleed. "You're shoulder is bleeding." She said as she grabbed a nampkin just pressing it to his shoulder. "Are you sure that you only got tangled in a branch?" She asked as he nodded. 

"Yes, just a tangle in the branches." He said as he looked at her. He felt her put pressure on it as she sighed. He let her heal it a little as the bleeding stopped. He took the nampkin from her as he set it to the side. 

"You should come in tomorrow so I can look at your shoulder." She said as she looked at him. She picked up her chop sticks again as she muchned on a rice cake. 

Woozin only nodded as he didn't want to argue with her. He finished his share as he covered the soup back up and carried it to the kitchen to be put in the fridge as Seolkyu was finishing hers. He sat back down across from her as he leaned on his elbow. "So you are going straight back to work tomorrow?" He asked as she nodded. 

"Yes, the hospital is short staffed. There was an incident on a mine in another village and a lot of people were hurt." Seolkyu said as Woozin nodded. 

"I see." He replied as he was probably the cause of that incident. He had done a job early this morning for Siwook and Kou. He had assumed that no one would be hurt, but he guessed wrong. Well he couldn't change it now, but just pretended that he didn't know anything about it. "So you were studying nursing right?" He asked

"Yes. I was. I was originally studying business and marketing to take over my parents business or well at least my mothers. Then Jaehwan got sick." Seolkyu said as she looked at him as he nodded. "I know you were studying law." She said as he nodded. 

"That is right, but honestly it isn't my dream job." He said as he looked at her as he sipped on his tea. "I actually was a very good martial art student and I wanted to open my own studio." He said as he looked at her 

"Why didn't you? You are the best fighter of us all." She said as she looked at him. 

"I utlimately choose something that would bring in more money so that my mother can stop working. She has worked her whole life to provide for me so I want to be able to do the same for her." Woozin said as he looked at her. "She has over worked herself and I need to make sure that she doesn't have to provide for me in her later life." He added 

Seolkyu nodded as she looked at him. "I can understand that." She said as she sipped on her tea just looking at the sky. "I should head home before it gets too dark. I still have to feed my cat and ready for tomorrow." She said as she finished her cup. She set the blanket around her shoulders next to her as she stood up. 

Woozin nodded. "I can walk you home." He said as he watched her shake her head no. 

"You should rest and patch up your shoulder." Seolkyu started for the door as he walked behind her. "Thanks for tonight. I had a nice time." She said as she slipped on her shoes. 

"Maybe we can do it again. I mean we are both mainly alone half the time." Woozin said 

"I'll think about it. If your shoulder starts to hurt then just ice it." Seolkyu said as she walked aways just crossing her arms as she made her way home. 

•••

Amelia locked up the shop as she looked at the sky as it was a little darker but she got lost in her flowers. She looked up as Huisu was walking up to her. "What are you doing out so late?" She asked as she looked at him. 

"I thought I would walk you home. I would have been here earlier but I got stopped by Kiba." He said as she nodded. 

"Well I am just heading straight home which is like five minutes so you shouldn't go to much trouble to just walk me home." Amelia said "Also I can take care of myself." She added as she looked at him

"Can I just do something nice?" He asked as Amelia shurgged. 

"I suppose so." She answered as she looked at him. They walked down the street just heading towards her house. She sighed as she looked at him. "Do you want to come in? We watch a movie, hot chocolate, or something." She said as she looked at him. 

"It is okay. I told Kiba that I would help them with a building that needs to be repainted but they need an ink speicalist." He said "I have to get up early." He added as he looked at her. "Maybe tomorrow night?" He asked as she nodded. 

"Tomorrow, you can pick me up again then I will make us hot chocolate and we can watch a movie." Amelia said as she looked at him. She watched him nodded as they were walking up to the gate of her place. "Good night. Good luck with your job tomorrow." She said 

"Good night, Amelia." He told her as he pecked the side of her head. He watched her enter the gates of her place just watching her go inside. He waved as he his heel. He started walking back to his place. He got back to his place just getting ready for bed then heading to sleep. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys, here is a new chapter. it is like an intro to the next part. i hope you guys like it.