Day Four: This Is Our Life Now

だってばよ!; 私の忍道! (apply closed)
day 004: this is our life now
there is no place like home - but it depends on where you call home.
 
Seolkyu left her room after she had figured that the two boys would have been asleep. She couldn't sleep so sighed as she walked outside just seeing the moonlight shining over the water. She stuck her feet in just resting her bad shoulder in her lap. She had been thinking about whether that they would be able to go home the same as they were when they came in. She sighed as she heard other foot steps. She turned around to see a black cat jumpping out of the bushes. She just shook her head as she turned back to the water. She felt someone something grab at her ankles as she was pulled into the water just trying to bring her knees up to her chest. She pulled at the person's head as her shoulders were rammed into the hot spring wall. She finally got her eyes open as she only got a glipse of raven hair and pale skin. She finally surfaced as she was coughing up water. 

"Seol!" Woozin called as he ran up "I heard splashing." He said as he helped her out. "Why were you out here alone?" He asked 

"I couldn't sleep." Seolkyu looked at him. "Someone pulled me in. I need to go to the hospital and get my shoulder checked. The person shoved me into the spring wall." She blinked at him

"Lucky they did, the hot spring that you were sitting at in straight fire with those posion arrows and kunais." Another voice dropped as he stucks his hands in pockets. "I'm Haesun." He looked at them with a pair of jade green eyes. He had short spiky light brown hair. He was wearing a pair of black pants, a light blue shirt, and white trench coat with out the sleeves. "We have a rumor about these hot springs that there is a water prince who saves fair maidens from their deaths." He laughed 

"Someone tried to kill me?" Seolkyu asked as Haesun shook his head. 

"No, probably from bandits. We have a big problem with them attacking visitors." Haesun told her. "I'll walk with you two to teh hospital just in case. You are leaf ninjas working on Kou's case?" He asked as they nodded "I see. Not many live to see him in person. You must be lucky." Haesun walked them to the hospital. "Well here we are. See you two around." Haesun said as he watched them enter the hospital. He walked back to the hot spring just collecting the dangerous items as he sighed. He held out his hand to Jiwok as he pulled him up. 

"Thanks. It would be a problem if she died. Your town pays us to get take care of those bandits. Don't come up short again and things like this won't happen." Jiwok glared at him as he stared to walk off. 

"What is so special about her?" Haesun asked 

"Kou doesn't want her, but the boy. He's got to them to get close so that the boy will leave on his own to protect her." Jiwok looked back at him. "You squeal, you die." He added as he walked off. 

Haesun sighed as he could see Seolkyu and Woozin walking back. He jumpped into the trees just heading back to base to get a team ready to go out and take care of the bandits and Jiwok and Kou hadn't. 

•••

Woozin looked at Seolkyu. "It is good that your shoulder wasn't damaged." He said as walked her back to her room. He started to walk in as he stopped. "Ah, I should ask if you need help." Woozin looked at her as she started to close the door. 

"No thanks, but Woozin -  I am glad you came." Seolkyu told him as she shut the door. She changed into her set of clothes just hanging her uniform infront of the window to dry as she grabbed a towel as she started to dry her hair a little bit. She laid down as she heard Woozin's voice. 

"Seol." He said against the door 

"Yes?" She asked 

"I can sleep in your room? It is hard to sleep in there with Kiba and Akumaru." Woozin heard her get up as he was holding a pillow and blanket. Plus he wanted to make sure that nothing would happen to Seolkyu during the night. He looked at her as she had opened the door. "Thanks." He said as she let him in just closing the door. "I promise that nothing will happen." Woozin said as he laid down in a spot as he watched her lay back down herself. 

"Goodnight, Woozin-oppa." Seolkyu mumbled 

•••

Huisu was cleaning flower vases as he was helping Amelia at the flower shop. She still had said anything to him only placed more vases to be cleaned and put on shelves. He sighed as he carried a vase to a shelf. He placed it there on the shelf as he looked at Amelia making a boquet of flowers for someone. When they left, he turned her way. "Amelia." He spoke as she looked up at him 

"Yes?" Amelia asked him. 

"Are you mad at me?" Huisu asked as he looked at her. "I am sorry about last night and this morning. I just -" Huisu stopped when someone esle walked in the store. He sighed as he grabbed another vase just turning from her as he heard his name. 

"Huisu-san." Hinata walked in the shop "Naruto wants to see you to talk about a special mission." Hinata added as he was looking at her. 

"Ah, of course. I am coming. Sorry, Amelia." Huisu said as he followed Hinata out. He sighed as he stuck his hands in his pockets. He walked into the hokages office as he looked at the other. "What is the mission?" He asked 

"I need you to go to the hot spring town and help Kiba and them on their mission. Seolkyu was attacked again. I just got the scroll from their ninja. I think it would be best if another one of you is there. Let them know that this is the last couple days to scout there. I don't want to send on them a wild goose chase. Besides I would like Hyuna to look at Seolkyu." Naruto added as he handed him two scrolls. "Gather your things and leave out before it gets too dark." Naruto told him as he watched him nodded. 

"Alright." Huisu said as he looked at him. "I'll leave right away." He added as he walked off. He walked out as he made his way to his apartment just to get his supplies that he would need. He gathered up his things as he made his way to the gate of the village. He started making his way to the hot spring village from the map that Naruto had given him. He didn't mind going along but he was upset that he didn't get to finish his conversation with Amelia. He kept walking just looking over the map that he was given. If he took a the path over the river then he should land right in the area of the hot sprint town. He started that way as he drew an ink bird just sitting on it has it flew him to the bridge and over it. He jumpped off of his bird when he landed over the hot spring town. It was about mid after noon by now so he knew that the othes would be up. He walked around as he saw Woozin carrying a bag of steamed buns in his arms. "Woozin!" He called out as the other looked at him

"What are you doing here? He asked 

"Naruto was worried about Seolkyu. He said this is the last day to look for Kou here. Tomorrow morning then we leave and head back to the leaf." He answered them. 

Woozin nodded. "Yeah, they have been targeting Seol alot. I wish they would target Kiba or I snice we would able to take it better. She is soaking her sore body from last night in a hot spring. Akumaru's with her. Kiba is talking to the ninja around here and I got breakfast. Follow me." Woozin said as he walked into the inn just going back to the hot springs where Seolkyu was just brushing Akumaru just having her legs in the water like usual. 

"Morning. Oh, Huisu. Why are you here?" She asked as she looked at them walking over. 

"Just here to help." He answered as he sat down. 

"Here, I have enough for all of us." Woozin said as he handed them both a steamed bun. "I am not sure what is in reach of them. I forgot to ask." He told them as he started to eat. "When Kiba gets back, we are going to go talk to the bar owner." He said inbetween bites. 

"Alright. I think that Seolkyu should stay back here and stay with the old lady that runs this place. Kou might come in collecting payment." Huisu nodded "I heard some people saying that it was payment day when I was walking in." He added 

"I am fine with that." Seolkyu told him as she finished her bun. She stood up as she slipped on her shoes. "I am going to go offer this sweet bun to the old lady." She walked off as she left the two of them alone. 

Woozin looked at Huisu as he looked around. "Hyung, I need to show you something." Woozin whispered as he watched the other finish his steamed bun. 

"What is it?" Huisu asked as the other blinked as his sharigan activated then unactivated as Huisu eyes got big. "Whoa! You've got sharigan. Who else knows about this?" He asked 

"Only Seol and now you." Woozin told him "I would like to be kept a secret until I know how to use it properly. I know all about it from the anime and manga, but actually personally using it is hard." Woozin told him as the other nodded. 

"Yeah, no problem." Huisu said as he stood up. He watched as Woozin got up just seeing Kiba walking up to them. 

"Where is Seolkyu?" Kiba asked 

"She is inside with the old lady. Huisu wanted her to stay here." Woozin said as the other nodded. 

"Alright then lets get moving then. Haesun is waiting for us at the bar to let us in early to speak with the owner." Kiba told them as they started to walk. He walked up to Haesun as he nodded to him. "This is Huisu. He is another ninja from our village here to help us." Kiba explained as the three followed Kiba into the bar. 

"Nice to meet you. I am Haesun." He told him as he looked at him. "Jiwok! These are the people that I was telling you about." He said as he walked them up to the other. 

Huisu blinked at Jiwok as he remeber him from getting Renyue. "I've seen you-" He started 

"Oh yeah, you must have met my little brother. Not me though." Jiwok interjected as he looked at them. "You guys want to know about Kou, right? Haesun mentioned it." Jiwok looked at them. 

"Yes, that is what we are after. We are suppose to bring him back to the leaf." Kiba answered 

"Well good luck with that. He left last night after he heard about that girl getting pulled under. He went to find which bandits did it." Jiwok nodded as he looked at them. "I only know because I collected his pay from the town from the old lady and gave it to him before he left." He added

"Great, we just missed him." Kiba sighed 

"Kou also told me to tell that girl he hurt, no hard feelings but people need to start listening better with ears and eyes." Jiwok glanced at Woozin. "Oh, and next time he let her land a free blow on him to make it fair. He didn't mean to mess up her shoulder just give her a bad cut." He looked at them

"She's going to be okay and I'll make sure to tell her about that free hit." Woozin said as he looked at him. "Why does Kou trust you so much?" He asked 

"I don't know. He just does." He said as he shurgged. "Anything else?" He asked 

"Do you know Renyue?" Huisu asked as the other shook his head no. "Well if that is all he knows then we should leave. Get and early start back to the leaf." Huisu nodded as he looked at the other two. 

"Sure you don't want to eat here? I make pretty good food." Jiwok said as Huisu shook his head. 

"No, we should head out. Thank you for the offer though." Huisu tuned on his heel as he could hear Woozin following behind him. 

"I'll be right there." Kiba answered as he watched the other two leave. 

Huisu looked at Woozin. "How did Jiwok know about your eyes?" Huisu asked him 

"Kou must have told him. I forgot that he was there when it happened." Woozin answered as he looked at him. "It will be fine." He added as they walked up to the inn as Seolkyu walked out 

"Well?" She asked 

"Nothing. He left last night." Woozin told her "So we are heading out. Gather up your stuff." Woozin told her as he walked past her to get his own things. 

Seolkyu only nodded as she looked at Huisu. "Hey. You made a trip for nothing huh?" She asked as he shook his head. 

"No, I didn't. I got some other information while I was here. Hurry and get your things." Huisu said as he watched her walk off. Huisu waited outside as the others got their things and they waited for Kiba to get back. They started off back for the village once they were all together and ready to head out. 

•••

Sunmi was with the three genin just watching them do throwing practice as they were waiting on Renyue. She learned this morning how to explain and teach the others genin how to walk up trees from Yunkyu but it turns out that they already knew how to do this. "Sorry about not being able to teach you alot. I am knew at this." She told them. 

"It is okay, sensei." Naoki said as he sat down just stretching his arms. 

Renyue walked up just yawning as he pulled out his glasses just slipping them on. "Sorry, have you guys been waiting for me?" He asked as Sumi gace him a look. 

"No, we've been waiting for the ice cream man." Sunmi told him as she rolled her eyes. "I have to meet up with Yunkyu and Amelia today so you have to look after the kids." Sunmi stood up as she crossed her arms. 

"Why?" He asked 

"None of your business." Sunmi retorted as she started to walk off. Sunmi walked up to the other as they were sitting at a table eating lunch. "Sorry I am late. Renyue just came now." She shook her head as she sat down as a plate of food was set infront of her. 

"We saved you a plate." Amelia said as she looked at Sunmi. "So who should start about different things about themselves that aren't normal?" She asked as they ate. 

"Nothing's changed much. Faster healing times, reaction times, and getting stronger." Yunkyu nodded as he looked at them. "And of course, charka. Honestly, we should only bring up important changes. I don't think any of us have those yet." Yunkyu nodded as he ate. 

"Yeah, I agree. Plus Renyue gave me a third degree on why I had to come speak to you guys." Sunmi said as she sighed. "He is becoming a big pain in my . He wants to know every bit of my business." She added to them. 

"If you ignore him more then he'll leave you alone and go on to someone esle." Yunkyu told her as he sighed. "Woozin, Seolkyu, and Huisu should be back late tonight or early tomorrow morning." He added as he looked at them. "We just have to keep him getting nothing then he'll leave us alone for good." Yunkyu told them as he finished. "I should get back to hokage office. See you guys later." He stood up as he walked off. "I already paid, so eat the rest or take it with you." He waved to them as he walked off. 

"Do you think that Renyue could be a bad guy?" Sunmi asked Amelia as she looked at the girl. 

"I don't know. I mean it is a possibity, but we don't have any proof. Or any inkling. He might just be weird." Amelia said as she looked up. "Speak of the werido." She added as Renyue walked over. 

"The sent the kids home. I trained them pretty hard today. Oh I saw your other two friends return with Kiba with that other one." Renyue added "Sunmi - if you skip out on teaching again because you are eating then I'll punish you." Renyue added as he glared at her. 

"Hey, shut your trap. You can't lay a finger on her!" Amelia snapped at him
 
"Who will stop me? You? I can kill you before you make a hand sign? Yunkyu? He's a little kiss . The only one that has a chance to land a blow that will actually hurt is Woozin." Renyue said as he caught Huisu's hand. "Try again, inkling." Renyue dropped his hand as he looked at Woozin and him. "You must be Woozin, I am Renyue." He said 

"I have been told a lot about you." Woozin answered 

"I guess you forced Seolkyu was her name to the hospital?" Renyue questioned as he watched the other nod. "I should get going. Remeber what I said Sunmi." Renyue his heel as he walked off. 

Woozin reached over Amelia's shoulder and grabbed a peice of sushi. "What is that jerk's problem?" He asked "He is the one that you all think is dirty?" He added as he watched them nod. 

"Does he use water?" Woozin asked as Sunmi nodded. "Seolkyu was pulled underwater by a water user, but he doesn't fit the description Seolkyu gave. She will be okay. Kou actually felt sorry about hurting her and told his messenger boy that he was sorry about it." Woozin added 

"That doesn't change the fact he did." Sunmi nodded 

"I know. I never said that it didn't. After Seolkyu gets checked out by Hyuna then we have to meet with Naruto about our mission. I can have this?" He asked as Amelia nodded

"It is the exra that Yunkyu didn't eat. " She answered as she watched Sunmi get up. "Going to go talk to Yunkyu about what Renyue said?" She asked as Sunmi nodded Amelia looked down at her unfinished as she watched Huisu sit across from her. "Want some?" She asked 

"Can we talk about what I wanted to tell you this morning?" He asked 

"I am not mad at you. For now I think it would be best if we just stay friends and just take it slow." Amelia answered as she had packed up the remaining of her food. "I have to get back to the flower shop. You don't have come help." She got up as she walked off. 

"Can I still draw for you?" Huisu asked as he looked at her. 

"Sure, you can. I would like that." Amelia said as she nodded to him. She turned around as she smiled to herself as she walked back to the flower shop. 

•••

Woozin was waiting outside of the hospital as he was wating for Seolkyu to come out. He sighed as she finally did as he jumpped to his feet as he walked over to her. "Hey they aren't going to make you wear the sling?" He asked as she shook her head. 

"No, they aren't." Seolkyu looked at him "Were you waiting for me?" She asked as she looked at him. 

Woozin nodded. "Yeah, I figured that we would walk to the hokage office together." He answered as he looked at her. 

Seolkyu nodded as she looked at him. "Well then come on." She answered as she was walking. "Thanks for helping me over this mission." She nodded to him 

"No problem. I am just glad that you are okay." Woozin said as he gave her a slight smile. Woozin shook his head as he caught her half smile out of the corner of his eye. "I hope that we are mission partners from now on. You're enjoyable to be with - I mean work with." Woozin told her 

Seolkyu shook her head. "Stop flattering me it doesn't always go a long way, but I do like working with you." She told him as they walked into Naruto's office. She knocked on the side of the open office door as Naruto looked up. 

"Kiba already did the report so that you two wouldn't have to come by. I guess I forgot to mention that to Hyuna. Sorry about that. Go home and rest. Oh here is your pay by the way. Maybe it was good that you two came by." He siad as he handed them enevlopes with money in it. 

Seolkyu nodded as she took the enevelope just leaving. She looked over to Woozin who had caught up with her. "Now I have enough money to acutally go grocery shopping." She laughed a bit as she looked at him. 

"Me too." He nodded as he walked wirh her. "Maybe sometime I can cook for you. I mean I do grill a mean river fish, but I know how to make a lot more." He told her as they walked into the store. He watched her grab a shopping basket as he did the same.

"Yeah, maybe sometime. For now, I think I need a couple days without being around you." Seolkyu laughed a bit as she walked off to get what she wanted to buy.

Woozin smiled to himself as he walked through the store to get his items. Woozin noticed her struggling to pick up something more heavy so he lifted it up just placing it in her bag. "Take it easy on your shoulder." He said as he walked off as he saw her nod out of the corner of his eye.  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
author's note - Hello everybody. Here is  simple and shorter chapter just to transition us into our next chapter. 
Also I have started a new story called Scum's Wish so I would appreicate it if you looked at it.