How It All Went Down

Taking Care of the Chois
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kibum, Yuri. Sit down."

"Hyung, what is it?"

"Oppa, do we have a problem?"

Jiyong moves towards the door to check if it is locked. He looks around the suite to make sure no one was there besides the three of them. He then faces them.

"This is about our bosses and Halmeoni's quest for great grandchildren."

"Ommo.", Kibum gasps.

"It is simple. We have to make sure that these three win the date packages with our bosses.", Jiyong explains, showing them pictures of the Lee sisters.

"Wait. Isn't that Lee Ha Eun? She works for Seunghyun Oppa.", Yuri asked.

"Yes. Halmeoni is setting her up with Siwon Hyung. Her twin sister, Min Seo with Seunghyun Hyung."

"Whoa!", Kibum astounded. "What about Jin Hyuk Hyung?"

"This one's the shocker. Their unnie, Lee Seo Yeon."

"Lee Seo Yeon...hmmm, sounds familiar."

"Wait, Seo Yeon Unnie?", Yuri asked.

"Yes. I remember Yeon Noona from university. She and Hyung dated back then.", Jiyong confirmed.

"Ommo! They broke up suddenly and she disappeared.", Kibum said.

Jiyong avoided looking at them after. He started fidgeting. Yuri and Kibum noticed immediately.

"There's more, isn't it?", Kibum guessed.

"When I delivered the suits for the bosses last week, Jin Hyuk Hyung came from the other apartment on the floor.", Jiyong started. He looked around. "This better be stay amongst us three. We need to protect our bosses."

The other two nodded. 

"It was the apartment of the Lee sisters. Before he could close the door, a little boy came out and called him."

"Then?", Yuri prodded.

"He called Hyung, 'Appa'."

"Omona!", Kibum gasped.

"They have a son?"

"I confirmed it with Halmeoni when I met with her at the mansion. It is a secret for now since Seo Yeon Noona kept it from them until now. And looks like she is not really keen in rekindling anything with Hyung."

"Whoa! Why not?", Yuri wondered.

"That's what we need to find out. I want our bosses happy. We need to give them the push they need. If Halmeoni thinks that they are good partners for them, then we should do our very best to get them all together."

Kibum and Yuri nooded. They all owe a lot to the Choi family. Trust, loyalty and respect is the only way they can repay the generous family.

"Ok, let's do this.", Yuri said.

"Hwaiting!", Kibum agreed.

 

The three made sure that they all know their roles. Jiyong, as head of the committee will usher the ladies toward the ball after they register. Kibum, who was tasked to assign the bid ID for each guest, will prepare the bid by the Lee sisters (to be paid by Hana Halmeoni). Yuri, being the lone female, so she will blend in and not look suspicious, was given the important job to drop the bids on the bowls on each display.

As Jiyong led the Lee sisters to the entrance of the hall, Kibum started preparing the bids according to the sisters' ID code and printed out $15,000 as instructed by Hana. Kibum then handed the papers to Yuri. Yuri was instructed to do it one at a time through out the event, so that it will not be obvious, just in case someone was watching them. After attending to other issues first, she went back to the displays and dropped a bid for Choi Jin Hyuk. Ten minutes later, she dropped the bid for Choi Siwon. And right before the end of the alloted time, she submitted the bid for her boss.

 

Min Seo was feeling restless. She was not looking forward to attending the party since she was blackmailed to do something. A few days ago, Siwon contacted her and asked her to have dinner with him. She went since she really can't say no to free food. She wished that she said no.

Siwon explained to her that he and Seunghyun were forced to be part of the auction as prize dates. She wondered out loud what is the connection to her. Siwon then proposed to her that she bid in their behalf. They needed someone to bid for the dates but since their grandmother was watching, they couldn't bid on the dates themselves.

She objected to bidding for the dates, especially for Seunghyun's. She did not want to end up on a date with the weird lawyer. Siwon begged her, but she stood her ground. She should have left him then, not caring that the food she ordered hasn't come out yet, even if she was really hungry. But that was mistake number two.

She stayed. This gave Siwon an opportunity to push for his cause. She should have noticed the twinkle in his eyes. Siwon reminded her of something she carelessly slipped during those times she was taking care of his wounds.

"So, Min-yah, did Seo Yeon Noona ever find out that you got blacklisted at a Reno casino for counting cards?"

"You did not just go there, Choi."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter