The Twelfth Floor

Taking Care of the Chois
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Seoul Royal Apartments in Apgujeong is an inconspicuous set of 3 mid-rise buildings found at a corner of a tree-lined street. With the low profile facade, superb services, tight security and quiet neighborhood, it was the real estate dream agents has kept secret and only offered to chosen clients. Now it houses a mix of young chaebol heirs, up-and-coming politicians, famous K-Pop idols and actors and a few very rich foreigners and diplomats.

Lee Ha Eun was very lucky to have a close friend in Jung Eun Ji. Eun Ji's family owns one of the oldest and most successful real estate agencies in Seoul. Ha Eun kept in touch with her friend from high school even when they moved to California. So when she seeked her help on apartment hunting, Eun Ji gave her first dibs on one of the precious apartments that was about to go up for sale. The previous owners are a soon-to-be divorced showbiz couple. They actually didn't need the money immediately but wanted to clear out conjugal properties to rush the settlement of their separation.

While the other floors housed six to eight apartments, the 12th floor of each building were cut into four huge aparments only. When Ha Eun first moved in before her trip to California, Eun Ji informed her that though the three apartments were already sold, the owners haven't moved in. She did caution her that she may encounter workers since one of the apartments was being worked on by a famous interior designer.

With three bedrooms, and a smaller office that they could renovate to become Jin Ki's room, it was perfect for the needs of the Lee sisters.

 

The insistent alarm of his mobile phone woke up Jin Hyuk from his deep sleep. Inspite of the jetlag and tiring vacation, Jin Hyuk thinks that this has been the best sleep he had in six years. Seo Yeon is finally back in Seoul. With their son.

Jin Hyuk smiles and quickly leaves his bed, heading out of his apartment, still in his pajamas. As he is about to knock on the Lees' door, he hears other doors opening. His eyes widen seeing Seunghyun coming out in dark lounge pants and a white t-shirt. Then he looks to his right, he frowns seeing Siwon by his door, only in his boxers.

He brings down his right arm that was about to knock at the door and crosses it with his left arm by his chest. He raises an eyebrow and stares at the two. "Well, good morning. I did not know you both moved to this building."

"Uh, Hyung. Good morning. I've been here for almost a week. Siwon Hyung moved a few days ago."

Siwon smirks and crosses his bandaged arms, too. "Good morning, Hyung. What about you, Hyung? Your apartment is in Cheongdamdong. What are you doing here?"

Jin Hyuk stood up tall and with conviction, "I moved here to be close to my son."

"Riiiiggght. And it has nothing to do with your son's mother?", Seunghyun sporting his own smirk and raised eyebrow.

Jin Hyuk was gaping, trying to come up with a good comeback. He clears his throat, "Why did you guys move here? Do you still remember what I said yesterday? Min Seo and Ha Eun are off limits."

Seunghyun and Siwon eyed each other and faced their hyung. Siwon answers, "Of course, we want to be close to our nephew."

At that exact moment, the door opens, followed by a loud "Aaaaapppppppaaaa!".

Siwon and Seunghyun grabs the opportunity and moves around their hyung to talk to their nephew.

"Jin Ki-yah! Good morning!", Siwon greets.

Seunghyun carries the little boy, "Ah, Jin Ki-yah. Do you still remember your samchons?"

The little boy nods. "Annheonghaseyo, Siwon Samchon, Seunghyun Samchon."

"Oh, you're here."

All the boys turned around to face Seo Yeon who came to the door when she heard her son shout. She smiled at all of them but frowned seeing what they were all wearing.

"Did you boys have a sleepover at Jin Hyuk's?"

Before the younger cousins could answer, Jin Hyuk picked up his son from Seunghyun and transferred him to Seo Yeon's arms. He pushes her further into her apartment and as he closes the door. "They were just leaving. And Siwon, don't go out wearing that! Bye!"

Before either younger cousin could answer, the door was shut, leaving them outside.

Seunghyun frowned and looked at his cousin. "Hyung, we need to plan our next move."

"Yes. I agree. I thought I could have Ha Eun help me with these bandages after I invite her out to breakfast. But hyung is being a huge er."

"I need to shower and change. Why don't we meet up at my apartment in an hour."

"Come to my aparment instead."

"Why?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter