Coming Home and New Neighbors

Taking Care of the Chois
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jin Ki-yah...get all your toys and put them in one place. We will pack them later so you will not forget anything." Seo Yeon was helping her son change his shirt.

After spending days at Disneyland and Universal Studios, the family of three decided to spend their last couple of days relaxing. They just got back from a nearby beach where Jin Ki had the time of his life swimming with his appa. Tomorrow, they plan on staying in the hotel, resting and packing for the trip back to Korea.

As Jin Ki got busy collecting his toys, Seo Yeon went out of their room only to bump into a half- Jin Hyuk, who just got out of their communal bathroom and moving towards his room. Jin Hyuk held both her arms to steady her, while she found her hands landing on his well-defined chest. Seo Yeon blushed when she realized where her hands were, and pulled back immediately.

"Uhm, sorry. I was just about to check some snacks for Jin Hyuk...I mean, Jin Ki."

"Jin Ki's appa needs snacks, too." Jin Hyuk pouted, showing her his puppy eyes.

Seo Yeon took a deep breath and glared at him. "Go get it yourself." And turned around to go back to her room.

Jin Hyuk could only admire and chuckle at the obvious blush on her face.

 

Siwon leaned back on his chair after his friend reported to him details on the owner of the car. He confirms that it is owned by a Dr. Lee Min Seo. She's working as a doctor at one of our hospitals. The only other detail was her current address in Apgujeong.

He reached for his phone and called another number.

"Noona, I need your help."

 

Seo Yeon was not having a good morning. She was already so tired from packing all their things the night before, and Jin Hyuk was being difficult.

While checking her and Jin Ki's travel documents, she saw that their tickets were changed to first class ones on a different airline. She cornered him and asked why he did it behind her back.

"Yeon-ah, I could not get a seat on the same flight as your original ticket."

"You could have told me! And these are first class! I cannot afford these!"

Jin Hyuk sighed. "Do you think I will let you pay for these?"

"It is already starting! This is what I am avoiding. I don't want people to think that I am taking advantage of your family's connections and money. I have been able to provide for my son all these years."

Jin Hyuk put his hands on her shoulder, looked at her and calmly answered, "I know that, Yeon-ah. That is why I fought hard with Grandmother on this compromise. She wanted to send the private plane to pick us up. But I told her that you will not like it. So we came up with this. Believe me, I don't mean any harm with this."

Seo Yeon sighed, knowing that Halmeoni was stubborn and for Jin Hyuk to stand up and deal with her showed his good intentions. "Okay. Fine."

Jin Hyuk pulled and hugged her close. "Please let me take care of you and my son. That is all I ask."

She looked up and stepped away from him. "Don't. Not me. Just Jin Ki. It feels wrong for you to take care of me, too. I can take care of myself."

 

Seunghyun just got out of elevator on his floor. He had a long day and wanted to kick back and relax. He was stopped from his tracks by boxes lining the hall. Looks like the new neighbors are moving in.

This brought his thoughts to his neighbor, Lee Min Seo. He eyed her door and contemplated if he should knock and maybe fix things up with her.

Before he could knock, someone comes out from the opened door he just passed. Seunghyun was surprised to see his cousin, Siwon, trying to pick up one of the boxes on the hall.

"Hyung! You are my new neighbor?"

Siwon looked up, surprised to see him. "Hyunnie, you live here?"

"No. I just go around random floor buildings around Seoul.", Seunghyun replies sarcastically.

"Yah! I'm your hyung! I asked because you are standing by that door. I know for a fact somebody else lives there."

"You know Dr. Lee Min Seo?"

"Yup. Why? Do you know her? Since when have you been friendly with your neighbors?"

"Long story."

Siwon raises one of his eyebrows. His heart starts pounding. He hopes that his younger cousin is not entertaining thoughts about his Dr. Lee.

"She intrigues me." Seunghyun says.

"Nooo." Siwon stumps his foot like a kid. "I like her."

"Hyung, is that why you moved here?"

"Yes. So?", Siwon challenged him.

"Hmmm, we've never liked the same women. This is a first."

"True. But, Seunghyun, I'm not giving up."

"Ok, Hyung. May the best man win."

 

Hana and Min Soo were having breakfast before going to the airport to pick up Jin Hyuk, Seo Yeon and Jin Ki. Hana was so excited. They talked before they boarded last night. The older couple will pick

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter