First Day

Taking Care of the Chois
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you, Milayka for the the beautiful cover image!

Okay, I changed one detail: Jin Hyuk's mother, Hana and Min Soo's only daughter is Choi Ji Woo (she was previously named "Minah"). 

_______________________________________________________________

Jin Ki woked up early that day. It was going to be his first day of school in Seoul. He sat up and started fiddling his fingers, thinking about what the day will bring. 

The door to his room opened slowly, and he knows that it was his umma. He gives a big smile to his mother. "Good morning, Umma!"

"Good morning, Baby. Excited for your first day of school?", she sits down beside him.

"Umma, I am worried." Seo Yeon knew that her son worries a lot. He has always been mature for his age.

"What are you worried about, Sweetie?"

"What if I none of my classmates like me? What if they find me odd for not being too good in Korean? What if I don't find friends? What if they bully me?"

Seo Yeon brings him into her arms before answering. "I am sure your classmates will like you. Maybe not all of them, but most of them will. You are getting better with Korean, and being in school, you will get to practice more. You will find friends there. I bet you will have friends by the end of the day."

"As for bullies, you have your appa here.", Jin Hyuk inserts as he stands by the door.

"Appa! Good morning!", Jin Ki greets as he launches himself to his father's arms.

"Go prepare. I will bring you and your umma to school."

"Yay!", Jin Ki rushes to the bathroom.

Seo Yeon gives Jin Hyuk a smile. "Breakfast?"

"Yes, please."

 

Jin Ki walks slowly along the hallway going to his classroom. He looks to his left, at his umma. She looks down at him, smiling. He leans his body to her side. He turns to look at his right hand holding his appa's. He squeezes it until his father looks at him.

"Don't worry, Jin Ki-yah. Umma and Appa are here.", his father reassures him.

In front of his classroom, they are welcomed by Ms. Park, his homeroom teacher. Before entering, he gives his parents a hug.

"Ah! I think Halmeoni needs a hug too!"

The family of three looks up to see the approaching Choi matriarch, closely followed by Min Gyu and Chan Soo.

"Halmeoni!", Jin Ki runs to her with a big grin.

"Jin Hyuk, I think Chan Soo needs you."

The two men move to the side to discuss work while the two older women walked towards Seo Yeon and Ms. Park.

"Good morning, Madam Choi.", Ms. Park greets with a deep bow.

"Ah, Bommie-yah! Please take care of this little one for me. He is my most precious, okay?", Hana says while hugging Seo Yeon.

"Yes, Madam! Jin Ki-yah, let's go in now. Seo Yeon-ssi, I will see you later at break. I will show you around the school."

"Okay, Bom-ssi. I will need to leave now, Halmeoni. I need to go to my class, too."

"Please come to dinner tonight. I want to hear all about your first day. I will make arrangements with Jin Hyuk."

"Deh, Halmeoni.", Seo Yeon leaves, after bowing to Hana and Min Gyu and waving to Jin Hyuk and Chan Soo.

"Grandmother, I think I need to come to the office this morning with Uncle Chan Soo. I will come back to pick up Jin Ki and Seo Yeon later."

"Okay. I already told Yeon-yah to have dinner later."

"Deh. We will be there.", he kisses her cheek and Min Gyu's and rushes out.

"Min Gyu-yah. Why don't we go shopping? I think we need gifts for mother and son...to celebrate their first days.

"Let's go."

 

The Shoppe was the most luxurious mall in Cheongdamdong. It houses close to 200 brand stores and restaurants. It was part of Choi Industries, under the Luxury Division, managed by Jin Hyuk's mother, Ji Woo. The Retail Departme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter