Unexpected Results

Taking Care of the Chois
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwon Jiyong has always prided himself of his efficiency and professionalism. Being the personal assistant of the current CEO (and future Chairman of the Board) of the Choi Industries, he has trained himself to be ready for any possible result, problem or scenario. That is why, he was the perfect choice to head the Choi Charity Ball. Ever since it started, the event has always been organized by Uncle Chansoo. He deemed it time to pass the proverbial torch to the younger man this year. 

On the morning of the ball, Jiyong was up at 6AM. An hour later, he was on the phone already, making calls to each of the suppliers and contractors. By noon, he was out the door of his apartment, and on his way to the hotel to check on the progress of the decorations, table settings and just about everything needed for the program. He was met there by Kim Kibum and Kwon Yuri, who were atasked to assist him during the event. By 3PM, all the details are ready and they had to time to eat, rest and prepare for the night's festivities.

There were several rooms and suites reserved for the crew and staff and Jiyong headed to one so he could change into his suit and make a few more phone calls, mainly for the fleet of limos that were scheduled to pick up the Chois, the Lees and other VIPs.

His last phone call before taking a shower was to the woman who he owes his life, aside from his mother. He gladly reported that everything is in place and they will be ready to welcome early guests, even before they are scheduled to serve cocktails at 7PM.

"Jiyong-ah. How about the plans we have on the auction?"

"Ah, yes, Halmeoni. I already arranged the details. I already spoke with Kibum and Yuri about what you want to happen. I will brief them again later before we go down to the ballroom and auction hall."

"Great! Thank you. I trust you to make this happen, Jiyong-ah."

"Deh, Halmeoni. I have everything covered."

Jiyong may have spoken too soon.

 

The Choi Mansion was in an uproar, with stylists, assistants and beauty specialists milling around. Hana has requested that the Lee sisters prepare for the ball at the mansion, since Seo Yeon needed to drop off Jin Ki with Soo Man and Min Gyu. Also, with the amount of people Mimi brought with her to prepare the ladies for the ball, their apartment will be too crowded. Ha Eun and Min Seo readily agreed, still trying to avoid bumping into the younger Choi cousins.

Min Soo, Hana and Ji Woo already left for the party. They had to be there early to welcome the guests. Mimi, Jaejoong, and Heechul stayed behind to see the results of their hardwork. Sitting on the sofa with them was Jin Ki and Min Gyu.

Ha Eun came out in a vivid blue gown with her hair up in a neat chignon. She stopped and stood in front of them. Jaejoong signalled for her to turn around. After she gave them a 360 degree view of herself, Ha Eun found them smiling at her.

"Beautiful.", Min Gyu says.

"Mimi Imo, is this right?", Min Seo asks as she comes out of the dressing room in a pale yellow one-shoulder dress. She was checking her side-pony that lay on her bare shoulder. She looks up to everyone grinning at her. She grins back and twirls.

"Gorgeous.", Heechul praises. Min Seo blushes.

"Where's Umma?", Jin Ki wondered out loud.

They all faced the dressing room door, waiting for Seo Yeon to come out. But after a few moments, Mimi asks loudly, "Yeon-ah, are done yet?"

"Imo. I can' wear this." Seo Yeon answerered from the other side of the door. 

"Yeon-ah, just come out.", Heechul hisses.

"Andwae, Oppa."

"Yeon-ah, come out and we will see. If we think it is inappropriate or unsuitable, we will choose another dress.", Jaejoong coaxes.

The door slowly opens to reveal Seo Yeon in red long sleeves gown with a slit until her thigh. Her hair was up in a tight bun. Jaejoong offered his hand to her. When they stopped in front of group of people waiting, their mouths were agaped. Jae raised her arm and directed her to twirl. One could hear their gasps. With the simple design of the front, the gown had a dramatic back, with an asymmetric back,, showing a lot of her smooth and flawless back.

"So beautiful.", Min Gyu gushes.

"Perfect." Mimi says.

"I think I'm straight.", Heechul announces.

With that, the spell was broken. Everybody laughed. Seo Yeon's nervousness disappeared.

"Unnie, you are so hot!", Min Seo squeals.

"Unnie, I think we will have a hard time keeping the men away from you tonight.", Ha Eun says.

Seo Yeon smiles and turns toward her son. She bends down and asks, "Jin Ki-yah. What do you thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter