Lee Jin Ki

Taking Care of the Chois
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ummmmaaaa!"

Seo Yeon kneeled down, arms outstretched to welcome the little boy. Tears start to fall out of relief when she hugs Jin Ki. "Where have you been? We have been looking every where for you!"

"Jin Ki-yah! Are you okay?", Min Seo inquires while checking his body if he is hurt. "Unnie, I will call Ha Eun. She went to the front desk to report Jin Ki missing."

Jin Ki went to his mom and hugged her waist. He looks up to her and started to tell animatedly, "Umma! I saw duckies and chickies on the pond. Then I did not see you. Halmeoni found me and we were walking, looking for you. We sat down to rest and then Haraboji found us!"

Seo Yeon stares at her son, fixing his hair and listening to his story. "Did you thank them? Where are they?"

"There they are! Halmeoni! Haraboji! This is my umma! Isn't she pretty?"

Seo Yeon turned around and froze seeing the old couple. No. This is not happening.

Lee Hana had tears in her eyes. "Yes, Jin Ki-yah, your umma is really pretty." With the help of Min Soo, Hana walked towards Seo Yeon. Hana stops in front of the younger woman, reaches her right hand and caresses her cheek. 

"Ha-Halmeo-Halmeoni.", Seo Yeon mumbled with her head down. She started to bow, but was caught in a fierce hug from Hana. "How are you, my child?"

Seo Yeon started crying. All the years of hurt and struggle came back but was gone as soon as she felt the warmth from the older woman. Ha Eun, who was rushing towards them, stopped beside her twin seeing the scene in front of them. Jin Ki, confused why the halmeoni was hugging his mother, looked up at Min Soo.

"Why don't we all sit down. Looks like we need to talk.", Min Soo suggested.

 

Lee Jin Ki is confused. There he was sitting with his umma, aunties and the old couple he met when he was lost in the middle of the peach farm. It was not like that he does not understand Korean. His mama would talk to him in their native tongue whenever they are home. She wants him to be fluent in both English and Korean. Aunt Ha Eun said that he will need it since they are going back to Seoul soon.

He was confused because he does not understand what they were talking about. It seems the old couple know his umma. But he only met halmeoni and haraboji today. Maybe she knows them when they were still living in Seoul. He stopped thinking about it when his tummy grumbled. He looked at his tummy and pat it. When he looked up, he saw everyone looking at him. He got shy and mumbled, "Umma, hungry!"

Haraboji grinned looking at him. "Why don't we start eating. Any serious talk can wait later. This young boy looks...sounds hungry already."

The others on the table smiled and started to reach for their food. Seo Yeon started to prepare food for Jin Ki. She place choice pieces of his favorite from each dish on the table. He held his chopsticks and before eating heartily said, "Kamsamhida, Haraboji."

 

After lunch, Min Seo volunteered to bring Jin Ki out to play. She wanted to stay and support her unnie but they all knew that Jin Ki does not need to hear anything...yet. Ha Eun stayed and held her sister's hand.

"Don't be nervous, Dear. We are just too happy to finally see you.", Min Soo started, to break the ice. He looked at his wife, seeing that she was calmly drinking her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter