Confusion

Taking Care of the Chois
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Happy Birthday, Choi Seung Hyun!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Jin Hyuk is tired. Even before the long flight from Los Angeles to Seoul, he was already tired running after an energetic Jin Ki. He was always proud of how fit he is: morning runs, going to the gym and doing laps in the pool a few times week after work, various sports activities with his cousins and even golf occasionally to finalize deals with older business partners. Apparently, taking care of a five-year old, who loves to run around and just found the love for swimming, requires a whole different level of fitness. But he won't exchange that opportunity to be with his son, and Seo Yeon, for pretty much anything in the world. That is why he is wondering why the hell he was at Seoul Gen, in front of his two stupid cousins.

When they landed at Incheon, they were escorted by airport officials. It helps that the Chois own one of the largest airlines that uses this airport as hub. It was greatly appreciated by mother and son who were just as exhausted like him, and was worried with all the luggages they had to carry.

They entered the VIP arrival lounge where his grandparents were waiting. His grandmother shrieked and opened her arms to the running Jin Ki. She then stood up and hugged Seo Yeon. Jin Hyuk then carried Jin Ki and hugged his grandfather.

"So how was the flight?"

"Halmeoni, I'm hungry.", Jin Ki complained with a cute pout.

The older couple laughed. "Let's go then, I've prepared a lot of food for you, little one."

Suddenly,  Jin Hyuk's mobile phone starts ringing. Uncle Chansoo calling.

"Yeboseyo."

"Jin Hyuk-ah. I hope you had a good flight. I need to apologize in advance. But I don't want this to reach your grandparents. It is about Siwon and Seunghyun."

Jin Hyuk stepped away from his family so they will not overhear his conversation, before inquiring, "Why? What happened?"

"Kibum and Yuri called Jiyong that your cousins locked themselves at Seunghyun's office and it sounded like they were fighting. Jiyong and I came immediately and when I unlocked the room, the office was in chaos and both your cousins are injured."

Jin Hyuk was shocked by the news. His tiredness leaves him, and becomes alert. "Bring them to Seoul Gen. Have Dr. Ok Taecyeon execute Protocol No. 8."

He glanced behind him to see the worried look on Seo Yeon's face. He smiled to reassure her and a thought came to mind. "Ask Dr. Ok to have Dr. Lee Min Seo to head the team. We are sure of her discretion on the matter. Make sure no one sees their condition especially by the employees. I will meet you there."

He turns around to see the curious gazes of his grandparents, and Seo Yeon. Jin Ki was half-asleep in his mother's arms.

"Is there something wrong, Jin Hyuk-ah? Who called you?"

"It was Uncle Chansoo. He has been dealing with a difficult contractor who wants to get a better deal from us. He did not want to pass it to you while I was away since I have been handling this person since the start. I will just finish this now so I can rest for the next few days."

Min Soo eyed him. Jin Hyuk thinks that his grandfather does not believe him. However, before he could ask more questions, his grandmother, started to push them towards the exit. She obviously wants time to be with Seo Yeon and Jin Ki.

"Jin Hyuk, take one of the cars with the security people. Seo Yeon and Jin Ki will go with us to the Mansion. They both look tired and hungry. You can come and pick them up later. Let's go."

Jin Hyuk sighed. He kissed Jin Ki's cheek and the top of Seo Yeon's head before he went to the other car to go to the hospital. He refuses to involve his grandparents on this issue between his cousins. 

 

"What the hell were you both thinking?! Are you both ing teenagers?"

The two younger men were looking down, neither wanted to answer and face their hyung's anger. They wanted to shrivel up and disappear. 

"And you had to do it at the office?! What if other employees saw you? The media will have a field day coming up with the most preposterous reasons why you guys are fighting."

Jin Hyuk was breathing hard, trying to suppress his anger. Their grandparents drilled it in them to never hurt anyone, especially each other. So he did not get how his two younger cousins would end up bloodied up after they fought each other.

He sits down on one of the empty beds, arms crossed, facing the two injured men. Calmly, "What happened? Why did you guys end up fist fighting and hurting each other?"

Both looked up surprised. Seunghyun spoke up, "Hyung! We were not fist fighting!"

"Yeah! Why would we do that? I still remember how painful Nana's stick was when she caught us pushing each other when we were kids. I don't want a repeat of that!", Siwon seconded with a shudder.

"Then what the hell were you doing? Why are you both injured, with blood everywhere? And according to Uncle Chansoo, Seunghyun's office is like a disaster area."

Siwon bit his lower lip and pushed the maknae with his shoulder. "Hyung! Why me? Not fair!", Seunghyun complained.

Jin Hyuk rolled his eyes. He raised his right arm holding his mobile phone. "Grandmother does not know about this. If I don't hear valid answers to my questions, I'm calling her and tell her where we are right now."

The threat may sound simple, but for the cousins, involving their feisty grandmother is the most horrifying option. Siwon and Seunghyun glare at each other before they faced their hyung and started stumbling with their words explaining the situation.

Siwon started,  "Hyung, we were not fist fighting, we were playing fireball. Seunghyun had a couple of cans of tennis balls and lighter fluid."

"We used the glasses as targets and whoever breaks the m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter