Show and Tell

Taking Care of the Chois
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After two weeks of smooth sailing at school, Jin Ki encounters his first problem. The teacher has told their class that on Monday, they needed to prepare for 'Show and Tell'. The topic was "Future Me".

He still could not decide what he wanted to be when he grows up, while his friends were already talking about what they will bring on Monday. Minho, who wanted to be an athlete, was bringing a basketball and will be showing his skills. Even Taemin was excited to show his dancing skills.

Jin Ki sighs, as he sits at the back of car. His umma hears this and looks at him. "Baby, are you okay?"

"Umma, when did you know that you wanted to be a teacher?"

"Hmmm, probably when I was in elementary. I loved helping your imos with their homeworks. Why do I ask, Honey?"

"Seonsaengnim gave us homework. We need to present on Show and Tell about "Future Me". All my friends, they already know what they will bring on Monday because they know what they want to be when they grow up."

"Well, I believe that you can be anything that you want to be. Think about your interests and likes."

"Thank you, Umma. I will think about it. Where's Appa?"

"He is at the office."

"Are we going there?"

"We are going to the hospital. Remember you need to have your check up?"

"Deh, Umma. But will Dr. Carlson be there?"

Seo Yeon giggles. "No, Sweetheart. You will have a new doctor here in Seoul."

 

"I agree with your umma. You can be anything that you want. And you will always have our support. Try thinking what you are good at. You may get ideas from there."

"Thank you, Appa!", Jin Ki answers with a grin.

"Ms. Lee and Jin Ki, Dr. Park will see you now." a nurse calls out.

"Oh, Appa. We need to go now. The nurse already called us."

"Ok. I will see you later. Bye-bye!"

"Bye, Appa!", Jin Ki says. He then hands the cellphone to his mother.

Seo Yeon and Jin Ki stand up and head towards the doctor's office. When they enter, the doctor stands up with a smile, a hand held out.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Lee. I'm Dr. Park Bo Gum."

After shaking her hand, the doctor leans down to face Jin Ki. "And you must be Mr. Lee Jin Ki."

He leads Jin Ki towards the examination table to take a sit while he conducts the check-up. "Dr. Carlson s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter