Sisterly Bonds

Taking Care of the Chois
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Hana was in the middle of one of the Chois' vast department stores. The Lee sisters were moving around the displays of home furnishings looking at things they need for their apartment. Last night, before dinner, Jin Hyuk suddenly suggested that the girls need not wait for their boxes to go shopping for their home. He added that Hana would want to help them since she has always complained of how her grandsons are no use.

Hana's mobile phone starts ringing. Chansoo calling. "Yoboseyo."

"Madame, I need your assistance with the upcoming charity ball. I know you are with the Lees right now, but the caterer and the event planner we hired are waiting for some decisions regarding the party."

Hana sighed. She wanted to stay and spend more time with the girls, but the charity ball is a very important event, close to Hana's heart. She needed to make sure that the event will be flawless so that a lot of donations will pour in for the different foundations the Chois funded. Jiyong, Yuri and Kibum, even Chansoo, could only do so much. They still need the approval from the Chois for certain aspects of the event.

While the girls were busy looking around, Hana signaled for the manager, who was hovering around since he spotted the owner come in to the store half an hour ago. 

"Suk Jin-ah, I need to go now. I am leaving my girls in your capable hands. Please assist them with their needs and deliver their bigger purchases to their apartment. Make arrangements that everything will be billed to my personal account."

"Yes, Madame Choi.", Jin Hyuk answers with a bow.

Hana waves at the girls and they approach quickly. "Yes, Halmeoni.", Seo Yeon says.

"Girls, I need to go. The Choi Charity Ball is coming up and I need to help with the preparations. Chansoo is downstairs to pick me up, so I will leave the other car and driver for your use."

"We can take a cab or train to go home, Halmeoni.", Ha Eun counters.

"You will have a hard time commuting since it is the weekend."

"Thank you, Halmeoni.", Min Seo says.

"Also, this is Ji Suk Jin. He is the manager of the department store. He will help you with anything you will need while shopping and delivery of your purchases to your apartment. As for the payment, it will all be under my name, consider it as my gifts for your new home."

"But, Halmeoni, we cannot accept such extravagant presents." Seo Yeon complains.

"Nonsense. You are pretty much my granddaughters so I won't hear anymore complaints. And if you don't buy anything, I will be deeply offended."

The three girls look down. Seo Yeon looks up with a genuine smile and bow, "Thank you, Halmeoni." The two other girls follow suit.

"I would prefer hugs and kisses." Hana opens her arms. The three girls rush to hug and kiss Hana before bidding her a good day.

 

Kim Hye Ja refuses to admit that she was suffering from jetlag. The 75-year old matriarch just arrived from San Francisco the day before. The moment she has finally succeeded in convincing her husband to move back to Seoul after being in the US for years, she booked them tickets and made the call to their mansion's caretaker that they will be arriving soon.

The old lady was excited to be back. She and her family has been to the country for multiple visits over the years but those don't beat living in one's homecountry. She is looking forward to reconnect with old friends and relatives. Most of all, she is here for her family.

Maybe that is why, when she was disturbed from her musings by girly voices coming in at the cafe, instead of getting annoyed, she grinned. Omo! It's them!

She tracked them as they moved from the entrance of the cafe to the table the waitress led th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter