Father Tiger, Clueless Horse and Big Baby

Taking Care of the Chois
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Seo Yeon could not believe what was in front of her.

After cleaning up some of the mess in their room, she finally made her way down to the pool to check on her son. Min Seo texted her that she had an emergency but left Jin Ki with the Chois. Seo Yeon left Ha Eun upstairs since she needed to take a call from the office. She pulled to a stop when she saw that the glass doors leading outside was barred. She tilted her face to the left seeing a faint imprint of a face on the glass. Yikes! That must have hurt.

She asks one of the hotel employees if there was another way to go out to the pool. He guides her outside, and takes leave after they reach the pool bar. She thanks the young man and turns back to look for the Chois and her son. Her face reflects horror finding her son sitting on the edge of the pool hugging a man. Seo Yeon was sure it was not Mr. Choi since the back of the stranger, facing her, looked like it belonged to a younger man...a very well built younger man.

She calls out to her son and rushes towards him only to stop abruptly when the man turns around to face him. Choi Jin Hyuk. They stare at each other speechless, neither one says anything, neither one blinks.

"Ummmmaaaa!", the loud call from Jin Ki breaks the staring match. They both let out breaths they never told they were unconsciously holding.

Jin Ki let go of Jin Hyuk, stood up and ran to his mother. "Umma, Swimmer Ahjusshi knows how to swim. He helped me! I want to show you!"

Seo Yeon held Jin Ki and guided him towards one of the lounge chairs and started drying him of. "Really? So you know how to swim now?"

"Deh. He showed me how to float and to paddle --", Jin Ki started.

Seo Yeon made the mistake of glancing at the man. Because at that very moment, Jin Hyuk hauled himself out of the pool. Water glistening and trickling down his well-defined chest and abs, biceps showing as he swept his hair back and the sunlight bouncing off that adonis-like face...and eyes staring back at her. Holy ! He just caught me staring and drooling at him. Bad Seo Yeon. She reprimanded herself mentally. The last time you let yourself drown in all that chocolate goodness gave you a son!

Jin Hyuk couldn't help but grin at Seo Yeon. She has always had this expressive face that he can easily read. He raised his eyebrow looking back at her. She tried glaring at him before returning her attention to Jin Ki.

Jin Ki. Her son. What did Jin Ki say his age was? Five years old? Jin Hyuk did the math. ! He has a son! Jin Hyuk reeled from the realization. His knees almost gave way, but he steadied himself by looking at Jin Ki. He just knew, never considered the possibility that Jin Ki was not his. That's why I was so at ease with the child, why something felt right when we were together, why I felt warm hugging the little boy. He is my son!

Jin Hyuk stepped closer to them but stopped when he caught the look on Seo Yeon's face. "Not now. Later, we can talk. Let me just take him back to our room. I can meet you at the cafe in an hour." She said with a clipped tone. She wrapped Jin Ki in a big towel to keep him from getting cold, and carried him.

"Wait. Can I get a hug?" 

Seo Yeon made a weird face but quickly changed after realizing that Jin Hyuk was referring to Jin Ki. He approaches them and opens his arms to signal the boy to give him a hug. When he was near enough, Jin Ki jumped into his arms, "Thank you again, Ahjusshi. I hope to see you later!"

While they hug, Seo Yeon realizes how close Jin Hyuk was. She could smell his familiar scent. She fought back memories of happier times and the urge to hug him. She looks down to force herself from not launching herself into Jin Hyuk's arms, too. When she looks up, she was surprised to see that Jin Hyuk was staring at her. "Yes, Tiger. I will definitely see you later."

Seo Yeon gulps. She does not know how to take in Jin Hyuk's words. Was it a threat? A promise? Or was it one of her wishes finally coming true?

 

Ha Eun was sitting on the bed beside Jin Ki. They were both watching Seo Yeon walking back and forth. Jin Ki started to get dizzy, so he turned around and started p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter