Appa and Two Samchons

Taking Care of the Chois
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin Ki has never been this happy. He was with his umma in Disneyland. They've met Mickey, Minnie, and just about every character he has only seen in the movies. He was a bit sad that his Aunt Min and Aunt Eun was not with them. They had to go ahead to Seoul since they needed to prepare their house and they needed to work already.

Eventhough his aunts were not there, Swimmer Ahjusshi was. He went with them from Napa to Los Angeles. Jin Ki was glad that he was spending a lot of time with him. He even promised Jin Ki to take him out to swim in the pool of the hotel they were staying at.

All day, they were together going to the rides and taking pictures. They went to several shops and Swimmer Ahjusshi got him a huge Pluto plushie. Mr. Choi said that since he does not have a pet dog, he can have Pluto to guard him and his umma at night. Last night, after the fireworks at Disneyland, Swimmer Ahjusshi carried him since he was so tired from all the fun they had that day.

After he got a kiss from his umma and a hug from Swimmer Ahjusshi, Jin Ki wondered, is this how it feels to have an appa? He hugs Pluto to his side and fell asleep.

 

"Yeon-ah, you should go and rest. It has been a long day."

Jin Hyuk stood in the living room of the 2-bedroom hotel suite they were staying at. He was watching Seo Yeon standing by the windows, looking out. She turns around and stares at him.

"I think it is time to tell Jin Ki.", she said solemnly.

Jin Hyuk's knees gave way, good thing the sofa was behind him. As he sat there, reeling from Yeon-ah's statement, she sat across him.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Do you think he will be okay knowing the truth?"

"I don't know. But he needs to know it. I was watching him all day. And he has this twinkle in his eyes whenever he looks at you. Admiration. Love. Like you are his superhero come to life."

Jin Hyuk let out a nervous cough but smiled after. He was nervous and his apprehension roots from not knowing how his son will react to the news. Seo Yeon seeing Jin Hyuk's anxiety, reached out and held his hand.

"When he started kindergarten, he asked me once where his father was. He saw all his friends with their parents, and he started to wonder why he did not have an appa. We sat down and I explained to him that his appa is far away working but misses him every single day. I told him that until his appa is ready to meet him, umma and his imos are here. He understood and never asked again. Jin Ki is mature for his age, and I would like to think that we have made him feel secure. But I do not want to continue on lying to him of who you really are. He deserves his appa. And I think his appa deserves him. Is his appa ready?"

Jin Hyuk was looking at their hands the whole time, listening. When he looked up, he had a determined expression on his face. "Deh. I'm ready."

 

Seo Yeon's eyes fluttered open when sunlight creeping from between the curtains touched her face. She tried to hug Jin Ki, who was suppose to be sleeping beside her, but felt that side of the bed empty. She stood up worried only to stop after hearing laughter coming from outside the bedroom. She moved towards the door and opened it a crack. What she saw made her smile. Jin Ki and Jin Hyuk, still in their pajamas, reading the newspaper together. Well, it was more Jin Hyuk reading, and Jin Ki, sitting on his lap, giving a commentary on the pictures.

"Don't you think he looks sad? I think he is sad. He is the president, why would he look sad?"

"Well, when you are president, you worry about everyone, their problems and how to keep them safe."

"How do you know that? Are you a president?"

"Uhm, I'm not a president of a country, but I am president of a company. It is similar, I worry about the people who work for me. I need to make sure that they continue to have jobs so they can buy food for their families."

"Oooooh!", Jin Ki answered with wide eyes. "Do you feel sad, just like him?"

"Yes. I do. Sometimes."

"Don't worry, Swimmer Ahjusshi, when you feel sad, I will give you a hug.", Jin Ki hugs Jin Hyuk. The older man, looks up and sees Seo Yeon watching them with a smile on her face.

"Good morning.", Jin Hyuk greets.

Jin Ki turns around and jumps from Jin Hyuk's lap and runs to her. "Umma! Good morning!"

"Baby. Before we go down to breakfast, can we talk to you about something?"

Sensing his mother's nervousness, Jin Ki hugged her tightly and nodded. They sat down with Jin Ki in the middle. They faced him with Seo Yeon holding Jin Ki's hands.

"Umma, what's wrong?"

"Baby, do you remember when we talked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter