Mrs. Choi

Taking Care of the Chois
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A black Rolls Royce smoothly stops in front of the Choi Industries building. As the head of security runs to the door, it opens and a lady steps out from the car.

As she walks through the lobby, employees and visitors alike, bow down and greet her. She pastes a small smile to acknowledge the people around her. She is welcomed by a middle aged man, Kim Chansoo, personal secretary of the Chois. They stand in front of the doors of the elevator, waiting for its arrival. The doors open and as they step inside, Chansoo's cheerful voice and tone could be heard throughout the lobby, since most of the people were silent, at awe of seeing the matriarch of the highly esteemed Choi family.

"Good afternoon, Madam. It is always nice to see you visit us here. May I just say that you are looking quite lovely today."

After the doors close, Chansoo gulps and starts to sweat.

"Quit the niceties, Chansoo. I've known you since you were in diapers. You know flattery does not work with me. Where are they?"

With the clipped and cold tone, Chansoo knows that his bosses are in big trouble. He secretly sends a message to notify them of their impending visitor.

"Since you are informing them of my arrival, tell them that I will see each of them in a few minutes. I want to pass by the indoor garden to check the roses. See you later, Chansoo. Send my regards to your mother."

And with that, the lady exits the elevator at the 5th floor after patting Chansoo's sweaty cheeks.

 

 

Red Dragon is in the building.

Choi Min Soo reads the message and suddenly stands up. He starts to fix his hair and necktie, and walks quickly to the door connecting the big conference room to his own office.

"The wife is here. All of you, get the hell out of here and bring all those documents and presentation materials out of here. Make sure you don't get caught by the wife leaving here or else. Take the stairs."

As the boss shouts out his commands, every single person in the room scrambles to pick everything up and starts to leave. When they checked that the elevator is moving up, they quicken their steps to the stairs to return to their own offices.

Min Soo enters the adjoining bathroom to check his appearance. He freshens up by washing his face and changing his shirt. He knows his wife would frown if she sees him looking messy.

He goes to one side of his big office where the personal refrigerator is located. He pulls out a bottle of water and the containers of yogurt and cut-up carrots and celery. He sits behind his huge desk and opens the television.

Now, he waits.

 

Ten minutes later, the door opens suddenly. Min Soo, still facing the TV, grabs a celery and takes a bite.

Choi Jin Hyuk, eldest grandson, son of his only daughter, Ji Woo. Ji Woo, his youngest child, married her highschool sweetheart, right after college. He was a soldier and had a promising military career. However, he unexpectedly died while he was deployed abroad when Jin Hyuk was barely a year old.

Just like his grandfather, Jin Hyuk is too serious for his own good. He worries about everything and spends all his time at the office. He puts his hands inside the pockets of the pants of his black suit after tugging his blue and re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter