First Day of School (3)

New Beginning

Double Update!!!

Korean class end as usual and before I know it, the day is coming to an end. Homeroom is usually done at the beginning of the day but unfortunately starting this year it will be held twice on every Monday and Thursday. So it means I still need to have Homeroom today even though I already miss the morning session.

“Ah! Kim Youngjae. We don’t get to meet this morning. How is your first day? Did anyone troubling you?” the teacher grin widely as I enter the classroom and bow at her.

“I am fine. The day has been great and no one is troubling me” I shyly smile at her.

“Please don’t be so shy my dear. My name is Song Hye Kyo and you can just call me Mrs Song” she quickly explains a little about this class and what should I know and she also introducing me to the class.

I took my seat among a group of four. Two boys and two girls are all of which offer me different reaction. I immediately notice the rude girl, Krystal and immediately growl internally. The other girl opens her eyes wide and starts scrutinize me, making me a bit, ok a lot uncomfortable. One of the boys is no help as his eyes already big and round as it is, staring at me as I take my seat, hugging my back for some sort of security.

Luckily, the taller of the boys who is also seem like the most normal one noticing my uncomfortable expression. He gently pats my shoulder and offering me a warm welcoming smile.

“Hey! Youngjae, it is nice to meet you. My name is Taemin, Lee Taemin” I smile back and completely feeling inferior seeing how he is so beautiful. His smile, he likes an angel.

“So are you really from the States?” the girl scoot closer, pushing Krystal on the way obviously annoys her asking me with her eyes full of anticipation.

“Yeah I am” I awkwardly rub the back of my hair.

“Where is in the States exactly? New York? Los Angeles?” the doe eyes boy joins in much to Taemin’s amusement.

“Washington actually” this is weird I thought internally.

“Yah Kyungsoo, Jin Ri stop being an idiot. It is not like he is the only one from the States” Krystal suddenly voice out obviously not amuse with the attention I receive.

“I know but he been there his whole life and Princess please, it is Sulli!” Krystal scoffs and rolls her eyes at the girl.

“You must be really good at English” Taemin joining in the conversation.

“Can’t help since it is the main language there and I had using it my whole life” I chuckle as Sulli and Kyungsoo both makes “are-you-kidding-me” looks.

“Good then you really need to help us. Our English really ” she grabs both my hands and starts to kneel before me.

“Sulli stop being overdramatic. We are starting the class but it will be really great idea Youngjae. They really need your help in English. Krystal, sadly leaving the country before she could mastering the said language” Mrs Song pipe in the conversation loud enough for the whole class to hear making us all crack into laughing.

“I am not that bad” Krystal puff which comes as a surprise for me as this is a very rare moments that I see her human side.

Sadly the talking stops after that as Mrs Song fills in, mostly for me and repeating for the other students about this year agenda. I start to note it down, emphasize on not missing certain important dates before Taemin puts his hand above mine. I look up and he smiling telling me that Sulli got, or precisely managed to snatch a copy from her dad’s office that they will give to him.

“Youngjae, the man who was with you is not your dad right?” Sulli suddenly blurt out and seeing my questioning glance, she reminds me about our minor encounter at her dad or precisely the principal office last week.

“Owh no, it is my brother. My parents past away” I whisper quietly as Mrs Song has shot Sulli a warning glance for being too loud.

“I am so sorry about that” Krystal suddenly spoke up as she looks at me with mixed emotion in her eyes making me really confuse.

“She is also the same. In fact, we all are kind of an orphan who is why we quite bond with each other” Kyungsoo quietly explain to which I nod.

“I mean because this girl just don’t know how to shut up” she glare at Kyungsoo and we both burst out laughing earning a warning from Mrs Song.

I keep on starring at Krystal for the rest of the time as she keeps on looking forward but it is obvious that she knew and that she just decides to ignore me. She reminds me a lot like me. So fragile, so broken that we feel the need to put up and act for the world to cover up our wound.

“Don’t worry Krystal is nice. She is just cold but she really nice and she must have like you. She won’t even let you sit with us if she is not” Taemin smile noticing my gaze over the girl.

“I guess we are really meant to be together if even the ice princess is accepting you. I am so inviting you to our little group chat” Sulli beam excitedly and hands out her phone for me.

“It is our own personal group chat away from the class one. Expect tons of notifications especially from the girl over there” Taemin chuckles as I pin in my number on Sulli’s phone.

We keep on chatting for the whole class and when class ends the group is adamant to walk me to my locker. At first I mostly stand behind watching in amusement as the group, mostly Sulli talking animatedly. It is Kyungsoo who notice how I am lagging behind, cling himself by my arms and pull me to walk along the group. We bid goodbye at my locker and I swear I can see a soft smile on Krystal’s face as she listen to what Sulli rambling.

After picking up the stuff I deem needed to be taken home, I start to walk towards the basketball court. Baekhyun-hyung class end early so he will wait me there while watching Chanyeol-hyung play.

“Kim Youngjae, how dare you ignore my phone calls?” I am immediately greeted by a frown Baekhyun-hyung who pulls my ear making me yelp in pain.

“I am so sorry hyung. My class just end and I don’t check the phone” I pout rubbing the ear which turning red.

“C’mon then. Jiyong-hyung finish his recording early so he be picking us up today” he starts to grab my hand and we walk away after he wave slightly at his best friend who grin back.

“Jung Daehyun, eyes on the ball. What are you looking at anyway?” the said boy mumbles an apology as our back view become distant from the court.

 


 

Ok first of all thank you so much for all my subscribers. I really happy knowing that someone actually read this story. I actually wants to apologize as I just realise how boring and lame this story is going. The pace is really slows, I mean I should have make at least their first date already right? The updates are also short but I kind of limit it as I don’t want to make each chapter too long. Somehow, the story is not just about how they both fall in love and everything. I mean it is also about how Youngjae slowly come to term with his feelings, meeting new friends, try to pick up the pieces of his life. A new beginning as the title sounds. I promise the pace will be quickens after this. I mean I have couple plans for the next update. Hanging tough with me and keep on reading it ok?