How to Succeed in Love without Really Trying?

New Beginning

I hum along to the song through the ear phone while munch down my sandwich. I watch students roam around the garden with few girls glance at me. I ignore them as my mind drift back to the event happens in the week. To be specific, the boy that manage to own my heart. His lips, his cheeks and his eyes, practically everything about him make me high. I had to be smack on the head that evening as I don’t realize coach is calling my name.

It was stupid and I knew it. You must already forget about me yet here I am being an idiot thinking about you. You, whose name I don’t even knew. Somehow, your face still occupying my night, haunt my dream and paste a smile on my face.

 


                                

 “Jung Daehyun seriously do you hit your head with something?” I recall L asking me once when we went out together on Saturday.

“What are you talking about?” confusion is all over my face as I keep on biting down the burger.

“You are daydreaming while eating! Then you keep on smiling. That is good that you actually show feelings but it is too much that it becomes creepy dude” he roll his eyes and I chuckled.

“God man, can’t I actually have some emotion? Besides I am so happy, shouldn’t you be happy for me?” I grinned as he also started to smile while shaking his head.

“Just spill it Daehyun. I never see you smile like this and I am pretty sure I am your first friend if not your only one. Are you in love?” he reminds of the matter of fact which lead me to our bumping yesterday that cause me to smile again.

In love, the words keep on ringing in my head. Is this what happening to me? The sensation lingering when I look at your eyes is still fresh inside me. I don’t think I ever feel like this, not even when I am with her. No, I don’t feel like this before this.

Another picture of you makes me frown as I recall you were not wearing the school uniform. Do you even go to our school? Will I ever meet you again? The rest of the day remains a blur to me.

 


 

“Hyung don’t you have class? I can walk myself to the office you know? Besides Sungjong-hyung promise to meet me by the stairs”

I perked up and all sleepiness is washed away immediately. That voice, it is your voice. I still remember it clearly. I look around and smile once I finally catch your figure. You whined as another boy dragged you. I frown at how firm his grip was to your hand. Were you in pain? Was he some stranger? You seem uncomfortable.

I immediately slam my locker shut, startle couple beside me. I start to follow the both of you as I found another reason to have hope. You were wearing this school uniform. You are going to this school. That means I will have a chance to see you more. I look how couple girls offer me a smile and I don’t miss how a girl whispered to her friend about who is that cute boy and if he is a new boy?

I sigh as I realized that I probably had next to zero chance with you compared to all this girls. You are a boy and I am also another boy. Would you like me or would you be disgusted with me? I shook away all negativity thoughts as I determined not to give up on you. Not this time. I smile again when I realized you were heading to the administration office as I also needed to be there.

I hide myself in the corner, pretending to be taking book from one of the locker. I observe from far how that man goofing over another student which I knew as Lee Sungjong. He is friends with L. I turn my gaze away as the man bid you goodbye and walk away. After that you and Sungjong made your way up the stairs to which I slowly follow.

uality is never my concern and I fully accepting mine during freshman year. I had date girls but the feeling is just not there. Luckily, my two adoptive fathers are more than happy to embrace me once I come out to them.

I stand close behind you as you pick up your schedule and other needed stuff. You just transfer here from the States. I close my eyes, inhaling your gaze and enjoying the moment. I really want to talk to you. Oh my god, it is you! You, who I had been dreaming in the weekend, you, who I spent every night, imagine if I could meet again. Now, you are standing in front of me and we are bumping again! Is this fate?

I catch a glimpse as you start to walk away with your friends. The lady called my name and I end it almost immediately before sprinting towards your direction. Thankfully I manage to catch you. I watched you, followed you go to your locker. Remember it perfectly. The bell rings which mean I miss my homeroom. Its ok I have an excuse and I have a perfect reason to miss it.

I try to memorize every detail that I manage to catch of you. I found out that you are in Mrs Song homeroom which also Jung Krystal’s homeroom. Great, I should talk to her soon and I smile remembering that we both would have breaks soon. Suddenly, I froze. You were talking to Kai, Kim Jongin. I was afraid he might gave you trouble but you guys seem to be on friendly term. He soon noticed me and his face turn to anger. He clenched his fist but you immediately saved us both from doing anything stupid.


 

“Krystal c’mon he is in the same homeroom as you” I plead while paying for our foods earning a chuckles form the lunch lady.

“So what if he is? I don’t even know him. What is his name anyway?” the ice princess really stands by her nickname even after I bribe her with her most favourite thing in the world, foods.

“Look there is him. He is eating alone” I perk up when I notice him sit at a secluded part of the cafeteria and frown when he is eating alone.

“Yeah there he is oppa. So be a man and just go to him” her voice is so cold but it makes my stomach crumble.

“Are you crazy? What if he hated me or think I am weird?” I look at her in disbelief as she sighed.

“What do you think he going to think after he found out you are stalking him too to ask him out” ouch, that was harsh and seeing my hurtful expression she sighed again before continue “I mean if he hates you then you can move on right?” she pat my back before nudged me forward.

I took a deep breath before carried my tray towards you. I glance back at Krystal and she rolls her eyes telling me with her eyes to just go do it. You choke on your own food completely surprised by my presence. In panic, I settle down my food before pat your back offering you a glass of water.

“I am so sorry. I don’t mean to startle you” I felt as guilty as I never meant to make you choke.

You look up and our eyes met once again, I let myself being mesmerized by it which making me seems like a complete fool in front of you. You raise you eyebrows wondering why I was here and I gulp trying to speak in front of you. I mean how could I when you were looking at me like that?

“I just want to sit here with you. If you don’t mind I mean. I mean I want to ask if I can sit here. I kind of like it here” I speaks too fast and you just stare blankly at me.

You keep on starring and I sigh knew that I had screwed. I rub the back of my neck; picking up my trays and start to walk away, catch Krystal and shake my head mouthing it is ok.

 “I am so sorry to bother you and shock you. I will just go”

 


“He obviously don’t hate on you oppa” Krystal spoke up as we walk to our next class after we finish our break.

“It is ok Krystal. He must had thought that I am weird or something” I sighed dejectedly and yelp when Krystal smack my head with her books.

“Why are you such a coward Jung Daehyun? I say he does not hate you. He probably too shock to say anything. You should see how he look when I just sit and eat in front of him” i look at her and when I saw her amuse expression I could feel my whole world light up.

“Really? You think so? So you will help me right?” I look at her hopefully and once she nods I jump excitedly.

She shakes my head and ask, or precisely instruct me to walk her to her next class. The class is coincidently nearby my Mathematics teacher so I just hand over my assignment.

“By the way, his name is Kim Youngjae” she wink at me before she enter the class and I feel like screaming.

Kim Youngjae, I finally know your name. I walk towards Mr. Suho office which is nearby as I want to hand over my assignment. Before I even touch the door, we seem to be repeated the whole scene over again. You bump into me and fall on the floor. I guess, you fall hard as you were yelping and rubbing your .

Mr. Suho and a girl immediately help you up while I just stood there dumbfound. Is this right? Is the heaven is playing with me?

“You know I really think we should stop meeting like this or one of us might end up really hurt” you suddenly spoke.

I want to laugh when you cover my mouth and apologetically smile at me. Gosh, you are really adorable Kim Youngjae! After a quick thanks to Mr. Suho you quickly walk towards your class and glancing back at me once in a while. I finally chuckle as I replay the whole incident in my head.

“Daehyun, you want to hand over your assignment I suppose?”

 


 

I lose the ball when I saw your figure approaching the court. I furrow my eyebrow when I see you nearing Baekhyun. I knew him and I wonder how do you knew him. He is my teammates Park Chanyeol best friend.

I look at the both of you in envy wondering what it feels like to be the one interacting, joking and talking with you. I watch as your back figure moving away.

“Daehyun, eyes on the game!” the coach growling and I smile apologeticly as how dumb I must look right now.

“Dude is you starring at my best friend?”  I ignore Chanyeol’s question and pass up the game.

 


 

So here it is the second Daehyun’s POV. It cover the whole Youngjae first day of school. Maybe I will make another Daehyun’s chapter for Youngjae’s first week of school since I kind of skip it in Youngjae’s part but who knows? About you guys question? I think the main pairing is DaeJae but things might change. Enjoy reading!