Bumps Into Love

New Beginning

“Oh crap! I am late. I am totally late. Why out of everyday it has to be today. I woke up late, the car broke down and nobody can send me to school” I frantically ruffle my hair as I dash through the corridor.

Usually, I will feel happy if things like this happen. I will have a valid excuse to be absent from school but today is not any other day. Today, the coach will decide the final line-up for this year basketball team. You got to be there to at least have a chance to be in it. Suddenly as I am running like a mad man, my body come into something, or actually someone?

Both of us stumbling backward and collapsing to the ground. Thanks to my fast reflex, I immediately put a hand behind that someone’s head preventing it from hitting the ground directly. Thanks again for my athletic impulse, I manage to hold myself from collapsing on the poor boy by supporting me using my one free hands. I gulp when he open his eyes stare at me in shock. I feel my heart beat as fast as I take a look at his puffy cheeks and big eyes.

“I am so sorry but can you get up? It is quite uncomfortable to be in this position and you are kind of heavy” my eyes enlarge comically and I immediately pushing myself up, letting go of the hand that supporting the boy’s head almost too immediately making him actually hit the ground.

He grunts as I held my hand, helping him to get up. He looks guilty and immediately mutters an apology, insisting that he is not indicating I am fat. Shaking my head as a flush of embarrassment flood through my face and my cheeks are tinted red. My eyes enlarged again as him mention class reminding me the real reason I am collapsing into him. Quick to muttering an apology before me splints across the corridor to my class. Luck seems to be on my side for the first time today as the teacher is running late today.

“Yah Jung Daehyun why are you late? I really thought you are not coming today.” Kim Myungsoo, better known as L due to his close resemblance to the character from Death Note also my best friend since freshman year ask with his trademark poker face.

“I woke up late and the car broke down. Luck seems to hate me today. Are you concerning or you just asking out of habit?” I furrow my eyebrow trying to find the answer through his expression. I fail again, I did every time.

“Idiot, I just don’t want any of your team mates come hunting me if you decide you are not coming for your practice today” he turn his head back to the front.

It always is like this between us as neither of us is much of a talker. L is worse though since he rarely show expression. My mind starts to wonder on the earlier encounter. Who is that boy? Is he a student here, he is not wearing uniform though. Is he new? I slap my cheek as I realise I realise how stupid I am, thinking about some stranger that I just meet. I am startle when I feel a tap on my shoulder and I see L looking at me in puzzlement.

“Quit being an idiot. The teacher is absent today so we have free time until the next period. I am going to the photography room to edit some photo, do you want to tag along?” he explains as I shake my head to his question obviously ignoring his puzzle look earlier.

L is the school’s photographer and also the president of the school photography club. Thus giving him the privilege of using the photography room as he please. Usually I will tag along but just don’t feel it today. Maybe I will just wander around. Maybe I have a chance to bump into the boy from earlier again. God, what a stupid idea I have. Shaking my head, I make my way out of the classroom, my stomach growl hinting that the cafeteria to be my rightful destination.

“Oppa! Daehyun oppa!” I look around and saw Lee Hi come running through the crowd.

She is a sophomore who never give up confessing to me even though I already reject her countless of time. She is cute but I just don’t see her that way.

“Lee Hi don’t you have class?” I glance over the books that she is holding.

“I got excuse as I need to take care of my club booth this morning” she beams cheerfully as I nod. She is in the school music club and is one of the most talented singers I ever met.

“I remember telling you to call me Hayi oppa. What about you? Aren’t you supposed to be in class?” she raises her eyebrows toward me as if indicating that I am skipping and she just caught me.

“I am not skipping class Lee Hi. The teacher is absent so we have free time. I am heading to the cafeteria now though?” I sheepishly grin at her as my stomach growl loudly once again.

We both chuckles and she immediately excuse himself. I sigh and making my way to the cafeteria. I caught a glimpse of you with someone. Another boy I recall as Sungjong? I thinking of approaching me but then what am I going to say? Hey, I am the boy from earlier? God, what am I talking about? You must have forgetting about me. I can’t help but staring though? I put my hand on my chest, my heart is beating faster? What is this? No way, there is now way that it is. It is not love right? I am not in love with some random boy that I just met.


I just got inspire and I think I am responsible to give you Daehyun’s point of view. So here it is. I hope you enjoy it and forgive me for the lame chapter.