The Nightmare Before Christmas

New Beginning

At the mall

I silently humming to the songs that blasting from the mall’s speakers while my eyes still wandering to another items on display. Sighing, it turns to a groan when I turn around to see that Baekhyun-hyung still standing at the same spot he had been for the past thirty minutes trying to figure out blue or red sweaters will actually looks good on Chanyeol-hyung.

“Kind of regret coming along do you” I nearly jump, I didn’t but my cheeks does turn pink and a smile spread across my cheek as I turn around to see Yongguk-hyung guffaws gleefully.

“Hyung, what are you doing here? Don’t you go home for Christmas?” Calm down Youngjae, would not want to tell the world that you are in love with the detective right?

“I am on my way home” he awkwardly chuckles and ruffles his hair “just taking a little detour. You know last minute shopping” we both chuckles to the statement.

“Kim Youngjae, how dare you leave you beloved hyung to suffer alone and how dare you wander around the mall on your own” I roll my eyes which makes the detective guffaws when I heard Baekhyun-hyung loudly whine as he wrap his arm around my shoulder, more like clinging on me. “Owh Detective Bang Yong Guk, fancy seeing you here sir” now it is my turn to guffaw as he immediately stand up straight try to act all respectful.

“Same goes to you Kim Baekhyun. Anyway, I had to go both of you better go home soon ok? Take care Youngjae” I almost faint when he wink at me before he left.

“Earth to Kim Youngjae” I startle and pout when Baekhyun-hyung pinch my cheeks harshly.

“Hyung! That actually hurt. So have you finally pick your gift for Chanyeol-hyung?” I try to see additional bags among dozens of shopping bag he already holding.

“Nope, I decide that I will just by him a cake for the bakery near our home” he said while throwing his arm around me again and drags both of us out of the mall.

 


 

Ding Ding

“Hello sir welcome to the Exodus Café” we both smile as the cheerful owner of the bakery greets us when we come in. “You guys are lucky, it is almost closing hours” he ruffle my hair as we both take a look at the menu to pick a cake for Chanyeol-hyung.

“I am lucky that Baekhyun-hyung finally decide to just buy cake for his beloved boyfriend or else we will miss the 8-oclock curfew which could get us both skin alive by Jaejoong-hyung” I roll my eyes to Baekhyun-hyung whose eyes are fix towards the menu trying to find his perfect cake for Chanyeol-hyung making Xiumin-hyung chuckles.

“Hey do you think Chanyeol will prefer the Blueberry Cheese Cake or Red Velvet Cake?” I face palm really expect that picking a cake will be a lot easier but when Baekhyun-hyung frown to me I know I just thought wrong.

“Why don’t you just take both? It is on the house, consider it my Christmas gift to both of you” Baekhyun-hyung happily cheers making Xiumin-hyung chuckles as he go to the kitchen to make the said cakes.

The Exodus Café is located few blocks from our home and apparently is Baekhyun-hyung and Chanyeol-hyung favorite cafes. It is special as other than the already-made cakes on display, customers also can request for other cakes and the chefs or Xiumin himself will bakes it immediately.

“Xiumin oh my god, you won’t believe what I just see. A couple is having a fight on the opposite side of the road. It is ing hilarious” we both glance up as a guy quite short in statues excitedly beams only to pause when he notice us stares at him. “Owh I am so sorry. I thought it is closing” he sheepishly smiles at us.

“It is and they are our last customer Chen” Xiumin voice could be heard from the kitchen.

Shouting is quickly heard from outside. Maybe the couple decides to cross the street and continue their fight here. Somehow the new guy, Chen, got really excited. He immediately takes a seat near the window to take a closer look at the couple.

“No we are over. I am completely done with you Im Yoona” we both jump as the guy roar when he harshly storm inside the supposed to be close bakery.

“I am so sorry sir but we are already close” Chen-hyung speaks out when the guy ruffle his hair frustrated but the girl soon storm inside pushing Chen out of the way.

“No you can do this to me Kim Jongin. You are not breaking up with me, nobody does” she screams hysterically and I scoot closer to Baekhyun-hyung who also stares at the argument with wide eyes.

Soon the couple notice us and Chen and I gulp, not liking the heavy atmosphere. Kai-hyung smile weakly at me and Yoona-noona groans loudly.

“You will regret this, I swear Kai. You will regret it just like Jung Daehyun did. Your so called best friend!” she smirks one last time and storm out of the bakery.

“Wow that was a scene. Anyway your cakes are ready Baekhyun, Youngjae and sir, we are closing” Kai-hyung nods and smile weakly at me before he left.

We both thank Xiumin-hyung and decline when he offers to take us home. We wonder what really happen among Kai-hyung and Yoona-noona. Any further thoughts is cut when we arrived home to an angry Jaejoong-hyung with an apron and spatula in hand looking like he ready to make us the dinner.

“Where the hell had you guys been? I call, text hundreds of time” we both gulp when he roar at the top of his lung and shock when he launch himself at me, hugging me closely.

“What? No love for me?” Baekhyun-hyung pout as he set the cakes he buy for Chanyeol-hyung in the freeze.

“Don’t be silly Baekhyun. You guys should sit down. Something happens” Woohyun-hyung cuts in as we all take a sit at our already occupy living room.

I frown when I notice that Jiyong-hyung, Jessica-noona, Boa-noona, Krystal and even Daehyun already gather in the living room along with an unexplained mystery man.

“I am Kris by the way, the new detective in charge of your case” I nod still confuse on what actually happening.

“Well, what is happening? I thought the party is not until New Year, or did I get the wrong date?” Baekhyun-hyung breaks the silence only to be hit on the head by Jiyong-hyung.   

“The police had issued an arrest warrant on Detective Bang Yong Guk for murdering his fiancé, Kim Taeyeon and another guy Kim Jun Myeon. We also like to believed that he somehow involve in the disappearance of your classmate Do Kyungsoo” I gasp as my eyes turn wide in horror. “Yeah the police started looking for him. I heard that you guys are close so I want to inform it to you guys personally. The police also believe that he had some kind of connection to your kidnapping and your family murder Youngjae” I can’t believe it, no.

Yong Guk-hyung is not a monster. No way he kills someone and no way did he involves in the kidnapping.

 


 

So Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you enjoy the new chapter and sorry for the super duper late update.