Northern Star

New Beginning

“Youngjae, hey, what are you doing? Precisely where are you going?” I groan as I turn around to meet the knowingly smirk of Suga-hyung as he teasingly raise his eyebrows.

“I am from the toilet and now I am going back to my class” I beat myself internally for giving such a monotone answer which makes Suga-hyung smirk in amusement.

“You actually walk this far to use the toilet?” I gulp as his tone turn teasing to which he immediately chuckles “Relax, I just kid with you. Skipping the P.E. class I right? There is an old store just around the corner of the gymnasium for you to use. Just don’t fall asleep” he winks at my face turn from worry to relief.

“Is it that obvious? Thanks Suga-hyung” I smile at him as we bump fist together.

“You are most welcome Youngjae. Anyway Sooyoung meant to ask you something?” he place his arm on my shoulder and facing me to which I gulp completely know where this is going and don’t like it.

“Just spill it hyung, you done it once for Kai-hyung” I gently pry his hands away and he chuckles awkwardly, rubbing his hair.

“Yup and I know it always work. Your piece with Kai is the best Youngjae. He never agreed before this, you must have some magic. Anyway, you are close with Daehyun right?” I nod as I recall our first time talking with each other.

God the embarrassment! Anyway, we start to text each other and meet up during lunch or after school. It turns out that we do click with each other and he happens to be totally different from what the rumors has it for him. So I guess it is pretty safe to say that we are now close, not best friend but close.

“That is good to hear. You know how next month issue is all about sport and we are interviewing the star of every sport team in the school. Here is the thing, out of all the stars there are star or stars that shine a little too brightly than the rest right?” he shows his line of white teeth to me.

“So you want to feature both Daehyun and Kai for the cover?” I question in confusion as the last time I recall, Jongin-hyung will be the cover.

“Two former best friends turn rivals. Two star of the basketball team. Imagine how great will it makes for the cover?” I shut my eyes and shake my head at the obviously unbelievable ideas.

“They are rival hyung. Won’t that make thing worst? Even worst, won’t that make thing worst for us?” or me, i imagine the punch both of them probably gives me for this.

“No, it would be good. There is no such thing as bad publicity. So I guess you are in?” I groan as I nod knowing there is nothing I can say about it.

“Hyung, what if he refused to give interview?” I ask hopefully that he will change his mind but that just makes him enlighten for some reason.

“Well, Kai also refuse but you did it so I guess go work your magic again!” he cheer me excitedly as I sigh remembering all those moments I follow Jongin-hyung like a dog, keep on pestering him, even bugging Chanyeol-hyung before he relents.

“Fine Suga-hyung, I pass it to you by next week” he swing his fist excitedly before both of us perks up and he immediately grabbing me pushing me down as he try his best to cover me with his body when we heard footsteps approaching.

“Suga hey what are you doing? Who is that? Hey it is Youngjae!” I groan as I recognize that voice, I mean whose won’t.

I come up from hiding and smile at the cheerful giant who excitedly waving at me. My eyes wander to the man in front of him who eyes comically quiz as he meets eyes with me.

“Youngjae fancy meeting you here?” he gives me the same teasing smirk that I got from Suga-hyung earlier and his question hesitantly.

“Yeah fancy meeting you guys here to. So I guess I should go now, had been strolling long enough” I awkwardly chuckles as I walk away from the scene and growl as I heard footsteps coming nearer and arms sling over my shoulder.

“It is only a month of school and you already cut class. Youngjae you should not do that or at least be careful about it” I sigh as I expect to be lecture by Baekhyun-hyung but not him, I mean we are supposed to be friends right?

“Hyung are you seriously giving me that advice? Besides it is only the P.E. class and I am at gym” I reason try to bought his sympathy.

“Wow Youngjae I never knew you had it in your bone. I mean the P.E. things kind of your genetic but cutting class? I bet Baekhyun be surprise” I widen my eyes at the mention of hyung name as I really don’t want him to know.

“Chanyeol-hyung you won’t tell him right? I mean he cannot know, you know he will never stops talking about it, like ever!” I try to knock some sense in his head at the same time trying to save my own life as he playfully taps his chin and feet.

“Stop teasing him you idiot. He is not going to tell Baekhyun so don’t worry ok?” Daehyun smiles ruffling my hair as he smack Chanyeol’s head when the giant seems try to argue.

“Ok fine I won’t tell him anything” Chanyeol-hyung raises both his arms above his head in surrendering manners.

“Chanyeol and Daehyun, you guys seems close to Youngjae? Chanyeol here I understand but the cold ice-prince?” I totally forget that Suga-hyung is still here, leaning by the wall as he smile knowingly at me.

“Yeah we are friends right Jae?” Daehyun-hyung places his palm on my shoulder as I nod at him.

“Hyung, can I interview you for the magazine?” I spit it out almost too soon that makes Suga-hyung chuckles.

“Ok first Kai and now Daehyun, I am your hyung best friend and a pretty good basketball player too Jae. I am also taller than both of them. So why can’t you just interview me?” Chanyeol-hyung pout which makes Suga-hyung roll his eyes.

“I don’t know hyung it is not my choice. I just take the order” I point towards Suga who smiles and begins to walk away after he teasingly winks at me.

“Stop sulking Chanyeol, you had done it for the whole day last week” Daehyun-hyung chuckles as flick Chanyeol-hyung forehead which makes the giant guffaws before turn to me “You already did the interview with Kai right Jae? I don’t think it would be a good idea” his glee smile turn sour as he frown.

“I know but Suga-hyung has this weird idea of featuring both of you. Please hyung, we can do it on weekends over a café or your house? Anywhere you want, it will be like a date” he seems to be excited for some reason at the mention of date.

“Da…date?” he hesitantly question and I nods quickly really hoping he will agree “Fine, so I guess we got a date this weekend” he smiles and I jump excitedly hugging him.

“Err Youngjae, I think you should head back to class now” I gulp as I realize why Chanyeol-hyung seems to be nervous and the next thing I know is I am kneeling outside the gymnasium with my arms above my head.

 


 

“You can stop now, class already ends” I sigh and slump as soon as Taemin tells me that.

“Next time you might want to think twice before you decide to skip class” he chuckles as he helps me get up and we walk towards the locker room.

“You are lucky that Mr. Joong Ki only ask you to do that, he may seems gentle and cute but he can be a beast sometimes” Kyungsoo nods as we both walk into the boys locker room.

“Owh my god Youngjae, you cut class again! You also got punish because of it!” Sulli burst into the boy’s locker room, ignoring couple of our classmates who scoff as they are half-, some top and some bottom and she begins to giggles.

“Yah Sulli this is a boy’s room. Get out!” I yell as Kyungsoo who already finish changing drags her out while she loudly whines that she wants the detail of me cutting class.

“What is wrong with her? I just cut class it is not like she never done it before “I shakes my head as Taemin chuckles, truth that I still keep a distance with them but I admit they are the closest companion I had here other than Daehyun-hyung.

“She done it a lot last year but none of us actually had skip class so I guess she is excited to meet accomplish” Taemin chuckles continues as we both changing back to our school uniform.

 


     

“You cut class again today and you are missing during break. Where were you?” Krystal eyes as we both wait for the lift at our apartment building lobby.

“It is none of your business and why are you here? Are you stalking me now?” I scoff at the girl, I don’t know why but I just can’t find it in me to like Krystal.

“Hey I am just being nice. Stop being a brat and try to appreciate it will you? For your information I actually live here. A floor above you remember” I ignore her question as the lift arrive and we both elated it.

“You still haven’t answers my question?” I groan as I really thought I can enjoy the ride up in quiet.

“Yes I cut class and I don’t really like the cafeteria or the trees. Too many people are there” I answer without looking at her.

“You know the least you can do is actually pretend to be nice. Sulli and Kyungsoo really likes you, even Taemin” I has no chance to reply as the lift suddenly starts shaking, the lights blink couple time and with a loud tugs sound, the lift stop moving before the lights is cut off.

Krystal scream and she grabs me in panic which makes me panics as well that I push her rather harshly. I could hear she groans as her head must hit the wall. I look around and start to hyperventilate. The lift starts to spin and I bent down. I crawl to the edge of the lift and curl myself. I brought my legs to my chest, hugging it tightly.

“Youngjae are you alright?” I could not answer as I try my best to breathe.

I shut my eyes tight remembering all methods I learn in the hospital on how to deal with situations like this. The thing is none is working right now. My body starts shaking and I am sweating right now.  

“Youngjae god, you ok? Hang with me I will call for help ok!” she is shock as she sees my condition through the light from her phone and she franticly presses the emergency button on the lift.

Please don’t hurt me. Please, just let me go” my voice is hoarse and I shakes even more.

“Youngjae, it is me Krystal. Nobody is going to hurt you now, help is coming ok” she held my hand and shaking dial a number with the other hands.

“Please I am so scared” I sob and breathing becomes harder.

 “Hello Krys where are you? Wait what is that sound are you ok?” Krystal sigh as soon as the line is connected and the man’s voice echo to her ear.

“Daehyun-oppa, we need help. I and Youngjae are stuck in a lift. I already press the emergency button but Youngjae, he is shaking and keeps on rambling about someone is going to hurt him. I don’t know what to do” Krystal also begins to cry as I squeeze her hand too roughly.

Ok relax Krystal. Put me on speaker” Krystal did as he told “Youngjae, hey it is me Daehyun-hyung” I open my eyes at that name and begins to cry for his name.

Youngjae everything will be ok. They are trying to get you out of there

“Oppa it is not working” Krystal franticly yell over the phone as she cringe from the pain of me squeezing her arms.

I always know you were the best, the coolest boy I know

So prettier than all the rest, the star of my show

So many times I wish, you be the one for me

Never knew it get like this, boy what you do to me?

I feel like able to breathe again and slowly I let loose of Krystal arms to which she sigh a relief. Crashing sound is heart outside and I begging him to sing more.

“Oppa, sing more. It actually helps” Krystal also urges Daehyun to continue singing.

You whom I am thinking of

Boy you am not my runner-up

And no matter what you always number one

I finally stop shaking and the hyperventilating stops. His voice is so beautiful and I imagine Yongguk-hyung all the time. Compliment his features perfectly with the song.

My prize possession, one and only

Adore you, boy I want you

The one I can’t live without, that is you that are you

You my special one

The one that makes me crazy

Of all of them I ever known it’s you, it’s you

My favorite, my favorite, my favorite

My favorite boy, my favorite boy

My breathe starts to become even and the shaking stops. Just in time, the door is open and Yongguk-hyung calling out for my name.

“Youngjae, are you ok? You will be fine ok” his voice, his figures, I close my eyes knowing I be safe, completely ignoring the other figure who stare dejectedly, still clenching to his phone.

“Yongguk-hyung…” the detectives carry me, pushing Daehyun aside as I bury myself in the warmth of his chest.

I hear my hyungs asking how I am but I just close my eyes. Clenching to the detective shirt real tight.

“It is ok now Youngjae, I am here” he kiss the crown of my head and I feel my whole body go numb.

If only time could stop just for us. If only he could feel how fast my heart is beating right now. If only I open my eyes, I probably realize that knight and northern star are two different things.

“Oppa that is ok. Thank you though for helping us” Krystal says as she hugs her sister tightly and Daehyun only smile faintly as I am being carry by the detectives.

A knight saves me and I fall in love with me. A northern star accompanies me, guides me and makes me feel safe.

 


 

So here it is the longest chapter yet. I really hope you guys are enjoying the story. No worry my heart is still beating for daejae. It just takes a little detour.