First Day of School (2)

New Beginning

“KIM YOUNGJAE!!!” I stop right on my track and panic ally looks around trying to find whoever that is the owner of the high-pitch voice.

I just walk out of the Biology lab when I heard my name being call yell suddenly. My mind franticly trying to makes sense if I did piss anybody of today since it is only my first day of school. The crowd of student passing by trying to get to their classes is not really helping as they start whispering and sparring me a few glances.

“Youngjae” the voice is slower this time but still loud to my liking and a smile immediately spread across my face as I see the tall figure of a girl approaching me.

“Noona, you don’t have to be that loud. I seriously thought that I piss somebody off on my first day of school” I unknowingly sighs a breath of relief to Sooyoung amusement as she immediately breaks into a laughing fit.

“Yah Choi Sooyoung you are a girl for god sake. Behave like one will you?” a boy with mint hair and milky white skin shake his head with amusement clear on his face.

“Oh my god. I am so sorry for scarring you Youngjae. It is just that I see you from the distant and got so excited. I just received your official register form and I really thank you for really joining our lame club” she lightly pats my shoulder while trying her best to stop her laughing.

“I was serious when I told you I really interested in magazine” I smile at her while glancing the boy beside her.

“Hi Youngjae, my name is Suga. I am a junior like this Sooyoung and I am the vice president of the club” in contrast to his bad-boy demeanour he brightly introduces himself and offering a warm welcoming smile. 

“Don’t worry Youngjae. Min Yoon Gi might seem like a bad boy but he is the total opposite. Well, unless you miss the deadline or lacking on your works” she beams brightly and put her hand over the boy’s shoulder.

“It is great to meet the both of you. I have to get to class now” the both wave me goodbye as I faster my pace realising that I have been really late too class.

 


 

“Yah, Choi Sooyoung! You don’t tell him about the meeting yet” Min Yoon Gi or as he likes it Suga widen his eyes to Youngjae’s back who quickly disappear from their line of sight.

“You are really an idiot Yoon Gi. Never mind I will just text him later after I invite him to our group chat” she smack the boy’s head and s start to walk away leave the poor boy rubbing his mint hair. 

“Don’t forget the freshman too and I told you it is Suga. Aishh why do I really ask you out” he chase after the girl and grabs the book that she is holding as they both makes their way to class.

“Omo! Thank you for reminding me. I really forget about those freshmen. Our club is really famous this year though. By the way, I like Yoon Gi better. It much more cute and you are lucky getting me as your girlfriend so quit complaining” she links both their arms together and they both walk to class with smile on their face.

 


 

I arrive late for my Math class and thank god the teacher just about to start the lesson. She, gratefully excuse me as today is my first day here but sternly remind me not to make this a habit. I walk towards one of the two empty tables at the back of the class.

“You won’t want to sit there. Peniel has gas issue that he has to fart every 15 minutes” I turn around to the source the stoic voice and it is the rude girl from earlier.

I raise my eyebrow at the girl but she just keeps being expressionless looking forward and the boy in front of me apologetically grin when I glance at him. I move to the table behind it but once again the girl stops me with her voice.

“The seat is taken” now the whole class shift their focus from the teacher to us.

“What is the problem back there? Youngjae? Krystal?” the teacher question obviously not amuse at how we interrupt her lesson.

“Naeun taken Youngjae’s place” the girl who is sitting beside her obviously shock at the sudden statement.

open like she is trying to say something and her eyes is teary. She just look at me and the girl as if she is trying to makes out what she really trying to say but nothing comes out. When the teacher immediately instruct her to moves as she is interrupting the lesson, she pack all of her stuff as tears start spilling of her stuff. The whole class snicker silently and things start to resume as if nothing ever happens after I take my seat beside the girl.

“Hey, my name is Hyuna and this is Ji-Eun. Don’t worry about that loser. She is such a drama queen. We all are sick with her” the girl in front of me turn around and smirk towards the poor girl from before who is now quietly sobbing to herself.

I look at her and could not help but feel pity. I honestly know what it feels to be an outcast but I decide it is best not to mingle myself in stuff I shouldn’t.

“Call me IU please. Just so you know, you are indeed really lucky. It is very rare for Princess to actually spoke to anyone” the other girl speaks this time but they both quickly turn back forward as Krystal, the glare at the both of them.

“Don’t think too high of yourself. I am just bored with that girl” I glance and realise the girl is the same girl who sit in front of me at the cafeteria.

“I am not and you shouldn’t either” I sass back at her and amuse to see a pure look of disbelief on her face.

We spent the rest of the class sparring glare towards each other. Me for obviously dislike of the girl attitude and the girl for, I don’t know what her reason is. I suspect it is due to I was actually talking back to her. Everybody leave the class almost immediately as the teacher dismiss us. I mentally grin as it is my second break so I get to relax my mind before the next lesson. Too much information to be digests.

“Great, two more classes and I are a free man” I quietly mutter to myself and shock when I heard chuckle from behind me.

“I am sorry but I overheard. Youngjae, are you ok here? I hope you have a great time here especially my class” I look back to see it was my Math teacher, Mr Jun Myeon.

“It is ok sir. I am fine. I actually quite enjoy your class sir even though Math hasn’t really been exactly nice to me” I shyly smile as we both walk out of the class.

“Please just call me Suho. What are you doing now?” he put his hand over my shoulder and I swear I see couple students look at us with envy.

“Actually, I have no idea what I want to do. I just want to relax myself for a while before the next class” I spent the whole time looking at the ground obviously uncomfortable with the attention that I received from the student.

“Then come with me to my office. I also got free time before my next class and I always spending it alone anyway” without waiting for my reply he immediately pulling me towards his office. The moment we reach his office I see a girl who do not looks like she is a student standing in front of the office.

“Oppa, do you know for how long I had been standing here waiting for you” she pout as we come nearer and grin once she notice my presence to Mr. Suho amusement.

“I am so sorry Taeyeon but I guess I already made up for it. Meet Youngjae, he is my student and today is his first day” he grin while patting me on the back as we walk into his office and he gesturing me to take a seat at the sofa purposely ignoring the uncomforted looks that I give him.

“So this is the famous Kim Youngjae. Yong Guk oppa is right, he is really cute. No wonder he so obsessed with you” she squeals at how cute I am when I just shyly smile at the comment.

We spent the break mostly talking. Taeyeon-noona is asking me a lot of questions from my hobbies to my favourite artists. She proudly telling me that her real passion is singing but her parents don’t view it as an appropriate job so she is currently studying business to take over her family’s company. I also learn from Mr. Suho that Jung Krystal is the heir of The Jung Enterprise, one of the biggest companies in South Korea and Asia. That is the reason why she always got away with anything. The teachers don’t really paid attention as she never actually is in trouble and her grades are pretty decent if not excellent.

 


 

I leave for my next class five minutes before the bell should ring and I immediately land on my as I bump into something…someone. I look up and frown as that someone turn to be the same someone that I had been bumping into for the past two times and it is actually my first day here.

“You know I really think we should stop meeting like this or one of us might end up really hurt” I blurt out of the blue as Mr. Suho helping me to my feet.

I cover my mouth when I realise what I just did and apologetically smile as the boy looks purely annoyed at my statement. Gosh, I really need to learn how to filter my words. After a quick thanks to Mr. Suho I quickly walk towards my class trying to get away from the boy as if afraid I am going to get a beating or something from him.

“Daehyun, you want to hand over your assignment I suppose?” I heard Mr. Suho question the boy as I lower my head in embarrassment.

I arrive to class just in time and I immediately took my seat at the back of the class after asking one of my classmates if the seat is taken. The teacher is still not arrives and to occupy myself from the awkward feeling of having nobody to talk to I open up my phone. I am shock when I see that I have tons of notification. Well, technically it just only three but one of it is from a group chat. I grin to myself when I realise it is the Media and Publishing Group Chat.

MEDIA AND PUBLISHING CLUB

ShikshinSooyoung: Youngjae, it is me Sooyoung noona, I forget to tell you earlier but our first meeting will be on this Thursday at 6. It is compulsory for all members so make sure you will be there.

 IamSUGA: This message to all the freshman and new members also. The old members should be at the meeting too.

I laugh reading their conversation and immediately punch in their numbers. I look up to see the teacher is still not coming and the girl in front of me is kind enough to fill me in that the teacher will be running late today. We exchange greetings where I learn that her name is Eunji before I return to my phone.

Sooyoung-noona: Yeah, you midgets better be there too.

Suga-hyung: Choi Sooyoung!

CuteRickyBunny: Sooyoung-noona is so mean. “Pout. Pout. Pout”

Seohyun: All members are require to attend this meeting, newbies, juniors, freshman, sophomore and all the all members. The venue is at our official clubroom. For those who don’t know where it is, Sehun will be waiting for you by the field and be glad to take you there. Thank you.

OhSehun: Why is it me?

CuteRickyBunny: Seohyun-noona is the best.

I look up again and the teacher is already here. I typing back a quick ok as a reply and saved up their numbers before going to the front to introduce myself to the teacher. The class start going a usual and I actually find Korean language is a lot easier than Baekhyun-hyung make it to be.

The class went by quickly and I immediately walk straight to my last class of the day, Homeroom. I try my best not to be late as I seem to always late today for odd reason. As I walk I remember that I still have couple notification left. I quickly took out my phone and smile when I realise it is a message from Yongguk and Himchan.

Hey Jae, I heard today is your first day of school. Well, good luck and have fun ok.

I smile and quickly typing a reply. I don’t know why the text makes me really happy but I must look crazy grinning to myself as I walk.

Youngjae! Goodluck on your first day of school ok. Don’t be naughty and study hard.

I smile and typing a quick reply for Himchan-hyung. The feeling is different though to both of the messages. I do feel happy when I read Himchan-hyung’s message but I feel extremely excited when I read Yong Guk-hyung message. I honestly don’t why I feel like this. Last time I feel like this was when I was 12. It was when I had a crush on my neighbour’s daughter. Oh my god, there is now way. No way.