What Just Happened?

New Beginning

It is a double update so read chapter 4 first.


“Youngjae you wait for Baekhyun at the cafeteria and don’t wander around ok? I will pick both of you up at 3” I only nod as both I and Baekhyun-hyung make our way into the school.

Today is Friday and Woohyun-hyung is kind enough to be both me and Baekhyun-hyung ride to school. Yesterday after 6 hours straight of shopping spree where I really feel like my limbs are detached from my body, I casually said that the club booths things sound interesting. Curse my light, both Jaejoong-hyung and Woohyun-hyung who joins us halfway start to get excited and talk me into going. So here I am now, walking with Baekhyun-hyung to school.

“Jae, hyung got class until 12 so you are own your own. Stay out of trouble and don’t do anything stupid ok?” Baekhyun nicely remind me as we stop at his locker.

“Hyung, I am not a kid. I will be fine and I don’t even plan to do any ruckus” I smile looking him picking up books from his locker.

“Don’t try to act smart with hyung” he laughs and ruffle my hair.

I glance around and notice few students glancing over us once, me to be specific. Not that surprise as I obviously not wearing uniform but I still feel kind of anxiety. It is short-live as I am giving the shock of my life when a large hand suddenly slam Baekhyun-hyung locker door.

“Kim Baekhyun, who is this cutie that you drag along?” he grin like real creepy towards me. I glance at Baekhyun-hyung and he seems unaffected by the whole situation, more like used to it already.

“Yah Park Chanyeol, how many times I had told you never smash my locker like that. Besides are you going to give me a heart attack?” he smack the tall boy’s shoulder while put his other hand on his chest, whine dramatically.

The boy, Chanyeol keep on grinning as he open the locker beside hyung’s and taking out his own books. “You still haven’t answers my question. Who is this cutie” he bent down to match my level and scoot closer inspecting my face really closely.

“He is my little brother Kim Youngjae. Stop scarring him and act normal for once Yeol” he pulls Chanyeol away while shaking his head with the smile never leaving his face.

“So this is Youngjae. Hi my name is Chanyeol and I am your hyung best friend. God you are so cute” he squeals loudly like a fan girl and begin pinching my cheeks.

God I really hope people stop doing it. He only stops when the sound of footstep near us and stop in front of the locker in front of us. He looks up with hands still on my cheek, jaw drops and frozen on the spot.

“Hi Baekhyun, hi Chanyeol and I don’t know you?” the girl has a sulky long hair smile and waves slightly towards us.

Baekhyun-hyung sigh and smack Chanyeol head bringing him back from wherever he is just now. “Hi Suzy, meet my little brother Youngjae. He is a sophomore and start school next week” Baekhyun smile and wave back towards her.

“Owh! Hi Youngjae, nice to meet you! My name is Suzy; I am your brother’s classmate. What are you doing here today then?” she picks up the book she need for the day and stand closer to us.

“Hi, I am Youngjae. I am here to check the club booths. The principal recommends it for me yesterday” I bow shyly to her.

Before any of us could spoke more, the bell rings indicate that all three seniors should rush to their class. After bidding goodbye to me and reminds me not to wanders out of the school Baekhyun jogs up to Chanyeol and Suzy. I rub my cheeks completely annoy at how many time it has been caressed. I take out the school map from my backpack and start strolling along the corridor. The corridor is completely now that all students are in class. According to Baekhyun-hyung, the booths are set up at the field behind the recreation building. Looking up the map, I have to walk straight to reach the field. God this school is huge I wonder how am I going to not get lost here.

My phone suddenly vibrates indicating a text comes in I frown my eyebrow seeing it is from an unknown number. However, before I got the chance to clear my doubt, something or to be more precise, someone bumps into me. Rather harshly that we both end up on the ground, him on top of me. I look at seeing that the boy is looking at me wide eye, his cheeks completely flush red.

“I am so sorry but can you get up? It is quite uncomfortable to be in this position and you are kind of heavy” I regret slipping the last bit of information as the boy eyes turn wide and he immediately pulling himself up.

“I am so sorry, I don’t mean to bump into you” he rubs the back of his neck, looking at the ground.

“It’s ok, I am sorry. I don’t mean you are heavy or fat. Don’t you need to go to class?” I hit the jackpot as the boy seems to realise the real reason he bump into me. He mutters an apology again and begins to dash away from me towards his class.

I shake my head in amusement and just remember about the text.

Hey there Kim Youngjae. You are Kim Youngjae right? It is you right? My name is Lee Sungjong and I am part of the student council. I was informed to be your guide at school.

I smile looking at the text message. He seems nice; maybe I should just meet him today as I am already at school.

Hey yeah I am Youngjae. I am actually at school now to check out the clubs. The principal recommend for me to come yesterday.

I walk slowly and smile thinking about which club I want to join. From the list that I got from the file yesterday, the school really offers many options. I have my eye on the Media and Publishing club though. Ever since watching The Devil Wears Prada and Confessions of a Shopaholic, I keep on dreaming how fun to work as a magazine editor. Not to mention that my late mother is a huge fan of and the City and Ugly Betty which ignite the more interest in me? I startle when my phone vibrate telling me another text is coming.

That is great. I have free period this morning because my teacher is absent. Do you think we can meet? I help show you around the school?

I immediately reply telling him I love to meet him and my location. It took close to 5 minutes before someone suddenly running towards me. I turn around and see a boy quite feminine looking waving happily at me.

“Hi! Sorry to keep you waiting. You are a sophomore aren’t you?” he really has lots of energy.

“Yeah, what year are you in?” I ask him while we both start walking toward the field where the booths are set up.

He told me that he is in junior year and we keep on chatting animatedly as we walk. I discover that he lives in the same building as me and he is already a member of the Fashion Design club. He really loves design and hope to be a fashion designer after he graduates. I told him a bit about me and he seems satisfy with the answer. We look around the booths there is few students who have free morning schedule also checking up the booths.

“Here is the Media and Publishing Club” Sungjong point as we both reach the said club.

“Hi, welcome to the Media and Publishing Club. Are you a freshman?” a girl bows slightly at us as we both stop in front of the booth.

“Hi, I am a sophomore but I only start next week” I smile politely at her. I look around the booth at few magazines and poster. I can’t help to feel amaze at how amazing it is.

“Are you interested in doing a magazine?” she handing magazines to both me and Sungjong.

“Yeah, I always dream to be a magazine editor” I blurt out the truth. I become more amaze as I look at the magazine. It is amazing, the features, the articles all are perfect.

“Yah Seo Ju Hyun what are you doing? Hi Sungjong and who is this? Is him your boyfriend? Poor Yonghwa?” the girl face turn flush red as another tall girl come sling her arms around the girl shoulder.

“What are you talking about Sooyoung? This is Youngjae and he is interested in joining our club” the girl shyly explain the situation.

“Seriously, you want to join our club? Guys we got a newcomers.” The girl’s eyes beam excitedly after I nod and start yelling.

“Yeah, my name is Kim Youngjae. I really excited in magazine” I bow slightly at both girls as two boys come out from behind. One of them is holding a poker face while the other seems excited.

“Noona, you are going to scare him away” the poker face boy nudge Sooyoung when she starts jumping up and down obviously excited.

“Hi, my name is Ricky and I am a freshman. This is Oh Sehun, he is a sophomore. The girl is Choi Sooyoung, our club president and the other one is Seohyun” the boy shakes my hand and his eyes sparkle innocently.

“Ricky, I thought registration is not until next week?” Sungjong spoke for the first time since we got here.

“Owh I know Seohyun-noona so she gives me special admission” he smiles brightly.

“It is only for the school record. We here are more than happy to welcome you into our little family Youngjae” Sooyoung open her arms wide while Seohyun chuckles at her unnie’s antic.

“Unnie stop, Youngjae welcome to the club. We were at little bit low in admission as not many people are interested in doing what we are doing. I have to tell you that it is really tough though. We got to designs everything and also publish the monthly poster and design the school magazine. That is just the basic scope of our job” Seohyun explain to me in detail.

“That is the reason people always run away Seohyun” Sooyoung sigh while Seohyun mumble something about I should know what I sign up for.

I chuckles softly and stick with my decision. After exchanging number and register some form, me and Sungjong excuse ourselves to look around the school. Sungjong told me that I will only get my class schedule from the administrative office on Monday morning but he manages to snatch a copy for me. He shows me all of my classes and telling me about the secret shortcut and hideout all over the school. I really feeling exhausted at how big this school is. Sungjong excuse himself as the bell rings again as he got class leaving me wandering around alone. My stomach growl and I decide to head back to the cafeteria to fill my stomach.

 


 

I am eating my ramen when five boys suddenly stand in front of the table I am sitting obviously not amuse looking at me.

“Who are you? Don’t you know that you are sitting at our table?” I look up as the boy in the middle obviously their leader frown at me.

“I am sorry. I don’t know that the table has an owner” I gulp and immediately pick up my bowl of ramen and try to move away but one of the boy stop me.

“Do we say that you can leave?” he smirks and snatches away my bowl of ramen. A couple students who are in the cafeteria only glance over not dare to do anything.

“So what makes you guys think you guys can sit here?” a tanning boy suddenly appear snatching the bowl of ramen and take a sit at the seat opposite where I am originally seated. The five boys glance at each other before they all scramble away.

“Don’t you want to finish your ramen? Ignore those idiots and if they mess with you again just inform any of the student body members. This school has zero policy on fighting and bully” he gush the ramen towards me and I hesitantly take a sit back at my place.

“Thank you for helping me. I really don’t know that the table has an owner” I mumble and start gulping my ramen as the boy chuckles.

“It is a school property and those guys are moron. Are you new?” he asks noticing I am not wearing my uniform.

“Yeah, I am a sophomore and I only starting next week. I am just here to check out the clubs” I glance over at him as the boy keeps his icy face.

“My name is Kim Jongin but everyone call me Kai. I am a senior. You know what? Next time if anyone mess with you, just come to me ok. You are too cute for your own good” he buried himself into his hands on the table.

“My name is Kim Youngjae. Thank you” we continue sit there in quite as I finish my ramen.

I check my watch once the bell rings and realise it already 12. Baekhyun-hyung is going to come soon. Kai looking up and flashing me a smile before him just walking away. 


 

A double updates, I hope you guys enjoying it