First Day of School

New Beginning

“Hyung don’t you have class? I can walk myself to the office you know? Besides Sungjong-hyung promise to meet me by the stairs” I reason while trying to let go of my hand from Woohyun-hyung firm grab.

To say that all hyungs are excited for me starting school will be an understatement. Jaejoong-hyung wakes up early to cook an extra lot of breakfast as a not needed apology for him not able to send me to school today. Jiyong-hyung, still busy with his album recording send a length of text message about what should I wear, how I should talk and how to flirt with girls. Baekhyun-hyung insists on sharing his eyeliner with me which immediately earn him a smack from Woohyun-hyung. Speaking of the devil himself, he made it his point to walk me to the administration office and meet my first friend, Sungjong.

“Kim Youngjae, do you know how many of these kids are actually crying in their heart to have at least one of their parents walk them to school?” out of the blue he stop abruptly and turn around facing me making me bump straight into him.

“Hyung you are being dramatic. I am just saying that you don’t need to be late for class just to accompany me” I look on the ground trying my best to hide the real excitement that gush through my bones when he actually say that he will walk me today.

“Nonsense, it is my job as a responsible hyung to walk you on the first day. Furthermore, I got to see so many cute little kids” he beam excitedly and his eyes start to wanders toward some freshman who pass through us.

I roll my eyes and softly mutter e. So that is his real purpose, I should have known. Baekhyun-hyung had told me this morning about Woohyun-hyung strange obsession on young school students.

We soon arrived at the main stairs that will lead to the administration office where Sungjong had been waiting. He looks up from his phone and when he saw us, no me, he smile gleefully.

“Youngjae, I thought you change your mind or something” he grin and grab me by the hand before noticing the maniac grin on Woohyun-hyung face which makes him send me a questioning look.

“You must be Lee Sungjong. Jae talks a lot about you. I am so happy that you become his first friends. I am Woohyun, Jae’s hyung” he immediately grab Sungjong hyung for a shake and when Sungjong fluster he squeal and pinch his cheek.

“Hyung stop you going to make him change his mind on becoming my friend” I take Woohyun-hyung hands away from Sungjong’s cheeks and offer him an apology smile.   

“Owh I am so sorry. It just that both of you are too cute. Anyway I should get going now that I know you are in safe hand. Have fun and stay out of trouble ok Jae? Call me if you need anything.” He plant a soft peck on my forehead before he bounce off gleefully.

“Sorry, that is my weird hyung. Well, one of them” I mutter after he left to Sungjong amusement.

“Ah, it’s ok. I actually like him. I always want an elder brother or sibling” he reply with a smile.

We both start walking and arrive soon at the administration office. The counter lady hand me my schedule and locker key. I ask her about the club administration form and she gladly hand it to me saying most students tend to skip till the last minute for it. As I turn around, I hit something hard or probably someone. I look up and a boy is standing firm looking at me with wide eyes and his mouth slightly open.

“I am so sorry” I quickly mumbling an apology to him but he just stare at me makes me feel really uncomfortable.

“Youngjae, have you got your schedule yet? It is the same as the one I give you right?” lucky Sungjong comes right on time dragging me out of the weird encounter.

I nod and glance back seeing that the boy is now talking with the counter lady. I haven’t realised that I have been starring if not for Sungjong nudging me from the side.

“That is Jung Daehyun. He is a senior and is the school star basketball player” I purposely ignore him as we make our way to my locker.

After placing some stuff that Sungjong deem I won’t be needed, we walk to my class. My first class is Advance English which make Sungjong shock saying I must be really smart to jump years. I explain that the reason would be because I had been living in the US all my life. We part halfway as he need to get to his class leaving me wandering along the corridor trying to find the right class.

“Youngjae? It is you right? Are you lost?” a sudden call of my name makes me look up and when I see a familiar face that I could put a name on it I frown.

“Yeah I am Youngjae. I am not lost, I just looking for my class” seeing my confuse expression he chuckles and grab my schedule from my hand.

“You must have forgotten me. I am Kai, we met last week at the cafeteria” I smile brightly when I remember who he is to his amusement who smile fondly and ruffle my hair.

“Sorry, I really have poor memory when it comes to faces and places” I rub the back of my neck and smiles shyly.

“It is ok. Let me walk you to class” we just about to walk when a sudden footstep change the situation to be tense.

I looks behind and see it is the boy from earlier, Jung Daehyun. I glance at Kai-hyung and notice him tense, anger obvious in his face. He crumples my schedule with his grip and both of them start a non-verbal starring contest. I grab my schedule to avoid further damage and Kai-hyung wordlessly takes my hand and walks me to class. He seems really quite and he just nod when we arrive at my class.

After a quick introduction from the teacher, she assigns me to seat beside a boy.

“Hey, my name is Amber. Nice to meet you Youngjae” she chuckles seeing my eyes goes wide and quick to explain that she really is a girl just dress in boy uniform.

Being the awkward turtle I am, I merely nod and start to rake out my notebook. Amber turn out to be super nice and real distraction for me, She keeps on asking if I am ok or if I need any help to all which I simply shakes my head.

“Youngjae, are you dislikes me or weird out just because the wear I dress?” the sudden question make me turn my gaze away from the teacher to the obvious sulking girl who stare at the window.

“What? No, noona, I mean I can call you noona right? I am not dislikes me. I just nervous since it my first day here” I place my palm on top of her.

“Noona? What do you mean noona? Are you not a senior?” Crap, Amber sudden outbursts not just gather the attention of the whole class but also the teacher.

“Yes miss Amber, Youngjae is indeed a sophomore. Since he is form US, he is place in the senior class. So be a good example to your junior will you?” Amber just grin and raise a peace sign while I bury my head on the table with my hands as the teacher shake her head and continue the teaching.

“Oh my god! I am so sorry Youngjae. You must be so nervous. Yes, of course you can call me noona” she smiles brightly an pinch my cheek cooing how I am just to squishy.

Instead of studying, we spent the rest of the period talking with each other. The teacher glance at us a few times to which we both pretend to have our attention on her but as soon as she looks away, we keep on talking. By the end of the class, Amber made it her point to walk me to my next class. She even change number with me, saying she always want a little brother.

 My next class is Chemistry and by the time I finish Mathematic it is finally breaks. I am so thankful as my stomach has been grumbling for a while now. After buying my meals, it take a seat at a seclude table near the back of the cafeteria. I purposely avoid the table from last week.

As I am munching my food, a figure suddenly appears in front of my line of vision. Traumatise by last week event, I immediately chokes on my food. The figure immediately put down his food and gently patting my back and offering me some water.

“I am so sorry. I don’t mean to startle you” he softly mumbles as I sip on my drink.

I look up to meet the eyes of Jung Daehyun and when he just stand awkwardly I raise my eyebrow as in asking what does he want.

“I just want to sit here with you. If you don’t mind I mean. I mean I want to ask if I can sit here. I kind of like it here” he speaks too fast and I just stare trying to register his words.

My mind starts to drift on how can he say all of that with just one breath? He seems really nervous or is him just in a rush? God, is this his table?  I should have leaves right? Yeah, I better leave while I still can. The next words come out from his mouth makes me struck.  

“I am so sorry to bother you and shock you. I will just go” I widen my eyes in disbelief as he walks away.

I open my mouth to stop him but before any words would come out another figure appear in my line of vision. It is a girl wearing headband. She glares at me before smacking her tray loudly on the table startle me. I just look at her start eating obviously ignoring me or the surrounding. We both keep on eating our food with my eyes stuck on the girl.

“Stop watching will you?” she spoke after finishing down his food and start to walk away leaving me dumbfound.

What the hell just happened?


 

Ok, it is supposed to be a double or even triple update chronicling Youngjae’s first day at school. Somehow thing comes up. The nature hasn’t been so nice here in my country with all the haze coming. I am thinking on delaying the update till I done the other chapter but I also got a trip tomorrow, a quiz on Thursday and Friday. So instead of leaving the readers wonder, I decide it is better to update at least one chapter. The other chapter is still in progress but maybe it will be update by this week. Maybe this week or next week. Not promising anything.