First Day on a Brand New Country

New Beginning

“I know that this is hard but your parents would want this for you. They would want you to keep on living…wherever you are, the detective sighed knowing that he wouldn’t receive any sort of response from the said boy. “At least try ok Youngjae?” he decides to leans more comfortably in his seat. At least he tried right?

Yoo Youngjae, wait nope Kim Youngjae, fifteen. I only blinked as I stare into yet another cloud passing us by. I bite my lower lip hearing the sigh escaping the detective’s mouth.

What does he expect me to say? That I am fine? I am okay watching my supposed to be parents being murdered in front of my eyes. Yeah I am much more okay learning that they are actually my adopted parents and apparently my real parents were also dead. Yup I am totally fine. Perfectly happy to begin my new life in a foreign new country, living with…oh! 4 elder brothers that I never knew exist until a week ago! Now is my time to sigh. I gaze to the detective who has his eyes closed.

“Do you need anything?” Shock, I really thought his eyes were closed. Seriously did he have a sixth sense or what? “I can’t see you but I caught your movement and based on how close your breath sounds, it is pretty obvious that you are turning to me”. My eyes start to wander anywhere but the guy, as he pops open one of his eye and chuckling obviously amused watching me stumble.

“How are they?” The question comes out more like a whisper that I am afraid he won’t catch it. “My brothers…are they nice?” This time I am sure my voice is audible considering how a smile is paste across the 30-years old detective now.

“Yes they are really nice. They are also really can’t wait to see you” I feel my eyes watery and unconsciously a smile spread across my face to which I quickly retract by return my gaze back to the window.

“Hey Jae, I told you right? They never visited you at the hospital because the psychiatrist thought it wasn’t a good for you. They thought it’s better to let you completely adjusted first” I feel some calming effect when his rough, big palm is place on my shoulder. “They’re always there, watching you from the sideline and I know how much it pains them not being able to be there for you. So believe me when I say they really do love you.” A smile makes a way on my face as he brushes my hair gently.

It is always this kind of gesture. Him rubbing my back when I have nightmare, him pinching my cheeks when I ate those tasteless medicine and when he chuckles and stares when I stumble and notice I got caught

 “I think we are going to land soon” I mumble and true enough the announcement comes right after.

“Yeah it feels good to be home at last” Bang Yong Guk stretches his joints which started to be sore from the long hours of sitting. “You should talk more Youngjae. I like hearing your voice” I blame the nervousness of finally meeting my real family as the reason for my heart beating like crazy leaving me completely unaware of my blushing cheeks that left the detective smiles.

 


 

“I am sure they are on their way. They won’t forget you Jae” I doubt that and I am sure Yong Guk-hyung stresses out considering how he looks like he is so close to smashing his phone after another call is sent straight to voicemail.

“Maybe they forgot or don’t even want me at all” I keep on looking at the ground obviously trying to avoid eye contact. I really hate to think that my brothers, the only family I had left are ditching me however as time passes the thing has been much more difficult.

“They won’t Kim Young Jae. They won’t forget about you” Young Guk cups my chin with his hands making out eyes directly meet. I gulp realizing our close proximity.

I had watched him for afar but now that we are this close, I can’t help to realize how handsome he is. His rough face gives me the sense of protection. His deep voice is telling me that I can be alright with him.

“Oppa, it’s been only a couple hours and you already make him teary like this” our moment is cut short and we both are startled by a sudden stomp of heels.

I nearly shriek, the girl has swag screaming all over her. She is wearing five-inch heels, how does she even walk on that? I let her gawk eyes scanning the both of us, especially me before she let it focus on me. She takes off her sunglasses and I gulp, scooting closer to Yong Guk-hyung.  

“Chaerin, what are you doing here?” Yong Guk question after he recovers from the shock and feeling Youngjae scooting closer to him. Can’t really blame him though as CL is really overflowing with charisma and is a clear definition of looks can kill.

“CL, you are scaring the poor boy” another guy come besides the lady and grabs her hand. Now I am really uncomfortable, both of them look like some kpop stars that are shooting a drama. The question is what am I doing here?

“Owh oppa, Yong Guk oppa already made him upset” I scoot a little closer to Yong Guk as I see how this lady turn 360 degree in term of personality. Just a few seconds ago she is so confident and fierce yet now she squirm like little girl.

She must be noticing how uncomfortable I am, the man kneels in front of me to match my eyes level “Young Jae, please don’t be scared of us. We are your guardians and we are here to keep you safe” he smiles and ruffling my hair.

I just sit there dumbfound beside Yong Guk as the words keep on ringing through my head. Kim Youngjae guardians, an unexpected chuckle that I never thought coming escapes from my mouth. Both Yong Guk and the man smiles whole heartedly at hearing me chuckle.

“See even the boy thought it was lame” Yong Guk chuckles himself and ruffling my hair only to make the man in front of him pout. “It really sounded so cool when I thought of it” he mutters quietly making me laugh even harder.

“I am sorry Channie oppa but it does really lame” CL pat the man shoulder before she herself burst into laughing fits. The man stood and sighed before himself chuckled and ruffled the back of his neck “Well at least you are smiling. My name is Kim Himchan, I am your psychologist and this idiot’s best friend and that girl is Chaerin but I strongly advise you to call her CL though. She is Yong Guk’s colleague and they both are in charge of your safety Youngjae”.

Himchan suddenly standing up as the sight of three dashing man running toward us like their life depend on it caught his eyes. The sound of footsteps also makes both Yong Guk and me turn our head to look at the boys’ direction. A soft smile breaks through Yong Guk lips as he stands pulling me along. “There they are, your brothers are here Youngjae”.

 


So here it is the first chapter, I know it probably bad but please tell me what you think of it. This is my second revision of this chapter in what I hope making it better.