The First Outing

New Beginning

“Youngjae…Youngjae wake up or we are going to be late” a voice humming making me groans. I push away whatever that is poking my cheek and snuggle more into the blanket.

“Kim Youngjae you better wake up now” the voice is getting louder and seeing that he won’t get any response from the sleeping figure, a devilish smile spread across Baekhyun’s face.

“Hyung warned you though” I smile as I sense Baekhyun-hyung figure slipping away from the bed. I swear I never am a late riser, this is just too early. My thought is interrupted and I yelp loudly and both my eyes shot open as I feel my body being crash by something, or precisely someone.

Baekhyun smile in triumph seeing that I finally open my eyes. “So you are finally awake Kim Youngjae” he laughs as I groan and try to shift in order to get him off me to no success.

 “Hyung get of me. I am awake now” I try harder to push him from me but he just stubbornly sitting on top of me blinking like an innocent puppy.

“Nope unless you are really awake and promise to get ready immediately. We are seriously going to be late” he looking down at me offering what it seems like the most serious face he can pull.

“I am I am hyung. I am awake and yes I will get ready immediately” I groan annoyingly after for the nth time I still fail to push him off me. He is surely heavy but the again what do I expect judging from the way he ate dinner yesterday.

He smiles before finally moving away from me. I immediately sit up feeling all my nerves and checking if any of my bones are actually crashing. Thankfully nothing is wrong I growl staring up at him. “Hyung why do I have to wake up this early” I pout glancing at the clock beside my bed.

“Stop being dramatic Jae. Hyung is not that heavy, nope, hyung is not heavy at all” he laughs ruffling my hair. I roll my eyes seeing he whine, again. “Anyway, you should get ready. Jaejoong hyung is making breakfast and he also had prepared your outfits for today” tilting his head a bit towards the door wear a pair of outfits is hanging there.

I nod sleepily and he starts to bounce gleefully out of my room. Unwillingly, I crawl out of the bed and almost scream when the cold water come in contact with my skin. It takes a whole 15 minutes for me to dress up. When I reach the dining table, I am greets by a tall figure that I haven’t met before. This must be Jaejoong hyung. Baekhyun looking up from his food and muttering some words that I fail to understand.

“Youngjae, hurry up and finish your breakfast” the man turn facing me after he heard Baekhyun talking. He smile gently and usher me to the sit opposite Baekhyun. I only stare at him in awe, completely star-struck at the beauty presence. 

“Youngjae? Hello, earth to Youngjae! You must be surprise I am your Jaejoong-hyung. I am so sorry that I could not pick you up from the airport yesterday but I am sure the others had told you about me right?” he glance over at Baekhyun-hyung.

“We did tell him your name” he smiles apologetically as Jaejoong smack his forehead for talking with his mouth full of food.

“I am sorry. My name is Yoo Youngjae, no it is Kim Youngjae” I smile shyly and bowing slightly at him. I don’t know why but this man really gives me some superior vibe.

“You don’t need to be so formal Jae” he chuckles and takes a sit beside me.

Both of us start to dig in our food. I stop eating after a while when I realise that instead of eating, Jaejoong-hyung actually staring at me. I raise my eyebrow at him who just laugh.

“You ate really pretty. I miss you so much Youngjae” he seems hesitant but finally he put his arms around my shoulder pulling me into a hug. I am completely taken aback but decide to pull along.

“Hyung, hurry up and finish your breakfast. We are going to be late for sure. I should have gone with Woohyun-hyung” Baekhyun-hyung ruffle his hair as we both glance at the clock. Jaejoong-hyung laugh and they both immediately prepare to leave the house. I watch them absent-mindedly and follow them only after Baekhyun-hyung yelling that I am too slow.

 


 

The car ride is silent except for the radio and Baekhyun-hyung humming along to whatever song that comes up. Jaejoong-hyung joins in once in a while and I just smile along. It took 10 minutes for me to realise our destination. Judging from Baekhyun-hyung’s uniform and sea of students wearing the same uniform walking towards the same direction we are heading, I can conclude that we are going to school. I gulp feeling nervous all of the sudden.

“So Jae, you are supposed to start your sophomore year right?” I nod, eyes still fixed on the scenery outside the window.

“Hyung is already a senior so we won’t get to meet much at school” Baekhyun taps his chin as he spoke. “But hyung make sure to introduce all of my friends to you Jae and you got to meet my best friend Park Chanyeol” he beam excitedly as we near the school gates.

 


 

Right now I sit nervously beside Jaejoong-hyung in the principal office. It always feels weird to be in the principal office. Dying of nervousness and boredom, I begin to tap my finger humming to some music that I made up myself.

“Don’t be nervous Youngjae. It will be fine” I feel a gentle squeeze at my hand and glance up to see Jaejoong-hyung offering me a soft smile.

Just as I am about to reply, my phone vibrate indicating a message coming in. I smile happily seeing it is actually a message from Yongguk hyung.

Hey Jae good morning. I heard you are enrolling school today. Don’t be scared and good luck. I bet you will be the smartest school there! Jae fighting!

“He is really nice right? Detective Bang Yong Guk, I still remember when we were really young. He always so considerable” I glance up to see Jaejoong-hyung peeking over my phone.

“Jiyong-hyung gives me his phone last night” I answer before he can ask noticing him eyeing the phone in my hand and begin typing a reply.

I am, thanks hyung.

“You seem to be really happy to get a message from him” Jaejoong-hyung stating the obvious. I don’t know why but I do feel slight butterfly in my stomach when I read his text. 

“You guys know each other” trying to brush away the weird feeling i read the reply Yong Guk send me telling me to have a good time at school. God it just a text, why do I get excited?

“Yeah, our parents were best friends” I hum to the new fact trying really hard to compose myself from smiling like a moron.

We are both startle when the door to the principal office is open rather harshly and a girl in ponytail and wearing trousers underneath her school skirt enter muttering under her breath oblivious to our presence here.

“Seriously, what is wrong with wearing trousers?” the girl takes off the trouser making Jaejoong-hyung cough telling her of our presence.

She looks at her, surprise on her face but before neither of us could say anything the door is open again and this time a middle-age man enter.

“Yah Ji Jin Ri! Didn’t I tell you to wait outside my office? I am so sorry Mr. Jaejoong and Youngjae” the man pulling the girl’s ears outside as she yelp.

“Appa stop pulling it hurts. How do I know you have visitor.” She starts whimper only for the man to pull her ears again this time squeezing it a bit.

“Don’t you appa me when we are at school Jin RI and stop wearing that trousers. It is not part of the uniform” he continuing pulls the girl’s ears and dragging her out of the room. Both Jaejoong-hyung and me just stand there dumbfound until the man emerge back with a grin of his face.

“I am so sorry that both of you have to watch it. That is my daughter and she is a sophomore just like Youngjae” the man taking his seat while gesturing us to do the same at the chair opposite him.

“It is no problem Mr. Ji Suk Jin” Jaejoong-hyung bow slightly while nudging me as a sign for me to introduce myself.

“My name is Kim Youngjae” I softly telling him my name and bow politely to the man.

“You are such a sweet boy and I am glad to have you here. I have read your records and it will be no problem for you to enrol here. You already took advance class right? So your schedule might be a little mix up but we could manage it” he smiles and handling me a file with the school logo in front of it.

“I am glad to hear it Sir. Youngjae will start next week since it is already Thursday” Jaejoong pat my shoulder as I peek over to the file.

“Since he is already in sophomore year and orientation is already past so he won’t have to go through it. However I will assign someone from the student council to guide him through school” I and Jaejoong-hyung nod and the man smile looking at me as if waiting for me to ask something.

“The class will be in English or Korean?” I ask hesitantly. I can speak and read Korean but I kind of more comfortable with English.

“No worry, there will be two different stream here and you are in the English stream. However, you are required to take Korean and History class” I nod and Jaejoong-hyung softly ruffle my hair.

“Is that all that we need to know?” Jaejoong-hyung opens the file and look at the content.

“Every student must join at least one club until junior year. Registration starting next week but tomorrow all clubs will set up a booth to showcase for the students. So if you are free, you can come and check the clubs” he hand us a pamphlet.

We both nod and make our way out of the office. Jaejoong-hyung asks me questions like if I am hungry or if I am excited to be in school? I nod and hum lightly at his question, eyes still wondering along the school completely amaze at how large it is. I am lucky that a map is provided. Jaejoong-hyung informs me of today schedule and I widen my eyes. After this we are going to meet Himchan, my psychologist and then after lunch and pick up Baekhyun-hyung we going to go shopping till we drop as Jaejoong-hyung put it.

 


 

 “Hello, my name is Sunny. You must be Kim Jaejoong and Kim Youngjae, Mr. Himchan had been waiting for you both” the secretary greet us excitedly as we reach the office. She gesture for us to take a seat at the sofa behind us while she make her way to inform Himchan of our arrival.

As we seat, my ears caught a very strange noise consist of moans and laughing? Glancing up at Jaejoong-hyung, I notice his cheeks are tinted red as he also seems to be hearing the same noise. He immediately put hands on my ears covering it from the noise.

“Yah Lee Soonkyu don’t you know how to knock before you enter” Sunny is greet by a high-pitch scream as soon as the door is open.

“Oh my god! You lovebirds are so naughty and noisy too” her giggles echo through the office and I finally realise that the voice belong to CL. CL is Himchan girlfriend and they are in Himchan office. Combining the facts with the audio earlier i blush trying to keep the image out of my head.

“Stop laughing Sunny. What is the reason you decide to barge in my office like this?” Himchan’s voice immediately heard as Jaejoong finally realise I now understand what is the noise starts to giggle.

“Youngjae is here already” she reminds the matter of fact and CL immediately peek her out to see us.

She excitedly greets the both of us and to my dismay begins to caresses my cheeks. “I am so excited to see you again Youngjae. Yong Guk won’t stop talking about you I swear he is obsessed. He only stops when he is talking about Taeyeon or when Taeyeon is actually there” she shakes her head and smiles warmly at Jaejoong.

“Babe stops disturbing Youngjae. You should go back or Yong Guk will be piss” Himchan comes out of his office, exchanging greeting with Jaejoong-hyung and pushing CL out of the office.

“Don’t forget our dinner date with the YongYeon couple tonight” the door is slams shut as she left.

Himchan look over at us and instruct me to go inside his office. Jaejoong-hyung nod and point at the chair saying that he will wait for me there. Himchan close the door and offer me a drink as I take a sit at the sofa. He takes a sit in front of me and begins to stare. I take a look around the room, avoiding the gaze, enjoying all the painting hanging in the room.

“So how are you doing Youngjae?” he smiles and sipping his tea. He sits with his leg cross looking completely classy.

“I am fine. All is great” I hum slowly eyes still looking anywhere but Himchan. Truthfully, the name Taeyeon is still hanging in my mind. I begin to wander who is she and what is her relationship with Yong Guk? Smacking my forehead mentally for being stupid I realise that that is none of my concern.

“Do you have anything to say Youngjae? You seem distracted.” He really knows how to read people. He is a psychiatrist after all.

“Who is Taeyeon” the question just blurts out thanks to my no-filter mouth. Himchan laugh roar and I start blushing madly realising how stupid I must look right now. Why do I have to care who she is? It has nothing to do with me at all.

“You sound like a jealous girlfriend. She is Yong Guk’s fiancée” a flush of embarrassment spread to my face as the last statement stings my heart.

So he has a fiancé. God, what is wrong with me? Why do I even care? “The question just pops up in my mind. I have no idea how crazy it must sound. I am so sorry” I wish I could be swallows into the ground right now. That is how embarrassing I am.

“Jae, relax ok. I am just teasing you. Back to the real deal, how is life for you?” he shakes his head and I tell him everything. Everything that had happens to me since yesterday. It is weird that I actually talk for about 2 hours. Himchan-hyung told me to wait outside as he had something to talk with Jaejoong-hyung.

As I sit alone, I start to think why I have all this feelings. Why do I care that Yong Guk has a fiancé. Why do I feel so happy getting text from him this morning? An answer comes to me but I shakes it away thinking how impossible is it. There is now way that I actually like him right? I mean I don’t care if I am gay but I never really think that I am one. Maybe I am just too attaching with him. Yeah, I am attaching.

 


 

New chapter, I am really sorry if it is not so good. I did try my best though and I am sorry it is late. I got exam this week so kind of busy. Next chapter will be up soon. Tonight or tomorrow so just wait.