It Happened One Break

New Beginning

“Yah Namu, what are you dreaming off” Tiffany harshly slap Woohyun’s back making him yelp in pain.

“What…who? Hey where is everyone?” he blinks in surprise as he only realize that the class is completely empty, well other than him, the eye-smile princess and those currently making-out JongKey.

“Class ends 15 minutes ago Woohyun” Kim Kibum, you better not hear you call him that or being better address as Key giggles as Jonghyun snoozes against his neck only for him to push him slightly.

“Really, gosh I miss the whole class. Yah Tiffany, that is actually hurt ok?” the three friends looks at each other before burst out laughing as they watch their forgetful grandfather picking up his stuff.

“You can take my notes and you should be thanking me Nam Woohyun. If not for me, you might be left in here oblivious to this JongKey making out in front of you” she gently pats the spot that she hit and gives me her most famous eye-smile.

“Yah Woohyun is you ok? You start to make us worry here bro” now it is Jonghyun turn to ask the question.

“Yah Nam Grandfather I know that I am hot but we are just best friend ok? I like to keep it that way” I nearly choke on my air as Key dramatically puts his palm in front of my face as Jonghyun hugging him from behind, planting kiss on his neck.

“Don’t be stupid Kim Ki Bum, he is looking at me not you” Key immediately scoffs as I shake my head muttering some incoherent words that only audible to Tiffany who giggles.

“Please, babe you are hot but honestly I still think that I had some screw loose in the brain for dating a dinosaur like you” Key chuckles and Jonghyun is just about to reply before Tiffany immediately speaks up.

“Ok enough both of you” she smile at the couple before her eyes turn deadly serious as she gaze towards me “spill it Namu, we all know something is bothering you” and I sigh as I know they won’t let me go before knowing and lying will be useless considering we had been best friend since middle school.

“Key and Jonghyun both of you have been together since high school right? Senior year to be exact” Woohyun’s tone becomes serious as he gulp down his saliva.

“It would have been sooner if not for this idiot” the diva flicks his boyfriend forehead while snickering.

“Last time I check neither of you are actually smart” now it is my turn to snicker as I high-five Tiffany.

“What is with the sudden question Woohyun? Don’t tell me you want to give our anniversary gift although it is highly welcome” Jonghyun hugs his boyfriend, restraining him from strangling Tiffany.

“Yeah why are you suddenly asking this Woohyun?” Tiffany pull me facing her and she stare directly into my eyes until I knock her forehead making her shriek.

“Don’t be such an idiot I told you guys that I am not a gay. I just need to know for someone I know. He has a hard time and need some advice so I guess who would be a better choice right?” Woohyun smile as he ruffles Tiffany’s hair and purposely messing it earning him another pout from the princess.

“Is it Youngjae?” Jonghyun hits the jackpot and Woohyun only shrug his shoulder. “Truthfully it is hard Woohyun but you got over it eventually especially since you know it’s the both of you against the world” the couple then pulls into an embrace and kiss in public earning a few scoffs from passerby to which Woohyun and Tiffany gladly glare for them.

“I know a perfect idea, why not we all set a group date together? I mean Youngjae can bring his boyfriend and they can learn a thing or two from the real couple” Tiffany beams excitedly, clapping her hands together.

“The problem is, he don’t have a boyfriend. He falls in love with a straight guy!” Woohyun sigh dejectedly as they all let out a collective “what”.

 


 

“What should I write?” I mumble to myself as I once again delete the text that is meant for Yong Guk-hyung.

I sigh, setting down my phone and ruffle my hair in frustration. It is Wednesday which means 4 days already pasts since I break down in front of him. He did texts and even calls every day to which I ignore, not yet ready to confront the man. However Woohyun-hyung who figures it out after he hears me mumbling some inappropriate words in my sleep manages to connect the dots.

So he threatening me to text the detective or he will do it himself. I ruffle my hair again as I love Woohyun-hyung and I thank him for being there for me but I really want to strangle him right now. Why should I care on what to write though? Why do I have to care so much? I can just tell him that I am fine right? However the answer drowns me almost too soon that my mouth forgets to keeps it inside “Because I love him”.

A cough sound is heard and I immediately cover my mouth in shock. Crap is there anyone here? I am sure that no one is in the library with me especially as I purposely choose a very secluded area. Oh my god, is it a ghost? Is the spirits of this school library is mad and disgusted at me for loving a guy.

“I never know spirits are homophobic” I yelp as I heard chair moving and I know I really anger the spirits.

I shut my eyes tights as I heard footsteps nearing me and I kneel ready to beg for forgiveness. “Please Mr. Ghost I am so sorry. I do not mean to offend you or make you mad. Please just leave me alone”

“Yeah Mr. Ghost is really angry right now and he wants your phone number for forgiveness” with my eyes still shut tightly, my phone number immediately escape my lips before I open my eyes wide, realizing how stupid I am right now.

I see a pair of school shoe with the same trouser that I am wearing. I gaze upward and I feel my cheeks reddening as I meet the face of a guy. The exact same guy that I had bumps into for three times. He is smiling at me obviously amuse for making fun of me.

“Yah, you stupid how could you make fun of me?” I whine and stands up rush to gather my stuff as he burst out laughing.

“I am so sorry…I don’t mean to scare you but you look so cute” he is still laughing and I only give my back to him, trying to hide my red cheeks.

How could I be so dumb?

“Hey, are you really mad? I am so sorry ok” he grabs my shoulder as I try to leave which makes me gasp and dropping all of my stuff.

“Can you be a little bit quiet? We are in the library for god sake” I glare and scoff towards the guy as he bent down, helping me gather all the stuff that I had drop.

“I am so sorry” I look at him and he claps his palm together, blinking like the cute little puppy.

“You are forgiven” I relent, cannot handle that much cuteness any longer.

“Youngjae right your name? You are a sophomore right?” I raise my eyebrow as he excitedly shaking my hand like I just give him a lottery.

“Are you a stalker or what?” I pale at the thought that this guy might really be a stalker.

“What? No I am not a stalker. I…we bump into each other before and you are Baekhyun little brother right? I heard from Chanyeol” I calm down listening to his conversation as I know Baekhyun-hyung really talk a lot and Chanyeol-hyung is in the basketball team which according to the fact Sungjong-hyung gives me, so does him.

“Yeah right Jung Daehyun right? Have you been there long? Do you heard everything that I say?” I bite my lower lips afraid that he really finds out that I am gay. I mean I know this country is not fond of this kind of thing and I might be subject to bullying by the school star.

“I been here since before recess and yeah I hear everything. However don’t worry I am not going to tell anyone. Also, I am also gay if it makes you comfortable” he put out his pinky finger and I wrap around hesitantly not to fond with our closeness.

“Thank you and your secret safe with me too. I got to go to class” I try to excuse myself as I really have this uncomfortable feeling with this guy.

He seems different from how he acts. He appears tough and cold but he acts childish and cute like this it creep me out. Besides, I never a fan of skin ship especially with a stranger who I just talk to who also had been listening to my private mumbling. Yes everybody that mumbling is supposed to be private. Just you and me!

“I walk you to class I mean I am your hyung after all. It is my responsible to guide a cute little dongsaeng like you” he puts his arm around my shoulder while humming happy melody.

“I don’t mean to be rude but are you always this close to people?” I gently try to get out from his grips but he only holds me tighter.

“Nope but I do have soft spot on cute kids like you?” he his lips and I stare in horror.

“Are you a homophobia then?” I gasp and try to push him away even more.

“What? No! Oh my god Youngjae you are really cute!” he chuckles and ruffles my hair.

“No I mean seriously Jung Daehyun, I heard about you and I saw you before. You seem cold” he sighs as he raises his arm as if he surrendering.

“People always assume me to be like that. I don’t know what to talk to them so I just keep quiet but they thought I am being mysterious” I nod as I try to register the whole new information.

“I guess people are always assuming right?” I mumble out loud, completely understanding the situation as back in the States I often found myself in the same situation. “You got my phone number!” I shriek as I suddenly recall the fact that I stupidly mumble out my phone number.

“Yeah and I am going to text you often” he ruffles my hair and leaving me dumbfound in front of my class door as students watching and start to whisper among each other.


 

I am back and I am so sorry if this chapter is kind of lame but without further ado I present you DaeJae!!! They are finally meeting each other. The next chapter will be better and more conflict.