A Sleepover

New Beginning

“So this is it? You guys just watching movie, singing some songs and eating to have fun?” I question while munching down the newly cut apple that is being serve in the middle of the movie room, where we all crumping together with blanket.

“Pretty much, why? We don’t really up to your standard?” I scoff as I was getting used to Krystal sarcasm by now and learn the girl mean no harm, it just the way she talks.

“Yeah I kind of expect at least a true or dare” I mumble earning a laugh from Daehyun, Taemin and I swear I see a glimpse of amusement from Krystal.

“What do you actually doing for fun in a slumber party in the States Youngjae?” I snort as Daehyun teasingly stole a bit of apple from my hands and shove it inside his mouth.

“Get your own hyung. It is not that far seriously” I push him away, noticing how he closely leaning on me, he sits beside me with Taemin on my other side.

“Guys can we watch The Notebook tonight? Please, pretty please” Kyungsoo looks at us with hopeful eyes as he holding the said DVD close to his chest like it is something precious.

“We just watch it last month So. Seriously can’t we watch horror or something?” Sulli scoff from where she is cuddling with Kyungsoo making the doe-eye boy to smack her head.

“I don’t mind, anything is fine” Krystal cuddle with her teddy bear and seeing she is the only one without companion, I want to moves to sit beside her but Taemin and Daehyun-hyung holds me at the same time.

“But she is sitting alone and it is getting really squishy” I whine making Taemin chuckles as he is the one that moves to sit beside Krystal.

“Now everything is settled! So Youngjae do you want to watch the Notebook or something else” I hum slowly moving my gaze from Kyungsoo who hopefully blinks to Sulli who continuously shaking her head, Taemin and Krystal who has this kind of fond expression watching us and Daehyun-hyung who just smile waiting for my answer.

“The Notebook is fine” Kyungsoo cheers while Sulli groan comically.

I watch as Daehyun-hyung ruffles my hair and putting on the DVD. Taemin turn the light off and I brought the blanket up to my chin. I remember watching this movie back at the States. I saw it the first time at the orphanage, where I stay before I was adopted by the Yoos.

I had one best friend back then, I don’t know her name. She had one elder sister and they both are staying there because their parents are divorcing and deem not fit to take care of both of them. Our friendship does not last long though, as both she and her sister are being adopted 3 months after I arrived there.

 I perks up as I feel something warm rubbing against my palm, Daehyun-hyung giving me question look asking if I am ok to which I merely smile and nod. I am fine, yeah I just remember things. I look opposite us and Taemin and Krystal seems immerse in the movie. Krystal raises her eyebrow as our gaze meets but I just shake my head making Taemin chuckles.

I look on the other side where Kyungsoo and Sulli are cuddle together. I travel back to memory lane as I recall my second adopted mother, not that I remember the first one but I know there is one. The aunty who runs the orphanage told me and I met my first adoptive father.

Jung Jae-appa, Donghae-hyung what happen to them? My eyes started too glassy and I feel Daehyun-hyung squeeze my hands gently. I cast him a smile but I guess he still caught my glassy eyes through the dim light. He places his other palm on my shoulder and I just shake my head.

“We can watch something else if you want? I mean this movie is lame” I chuckles as he obviously trying to easing me.

“Hyung I love this movie and everybody is watching it” I push his hand away and brought my knees closer to my chest, hugging it tightly.

“I wish I have a boyfriend like Ryan Gosling” I smile at Kyungsoo’s statement while my mind also running the same things.

Will Yong Guk-hyung be as nice to me? Do we even stand a chance? This thought brought more sorrow in my heart. I glance beside me where Daehyun-hyung quickly revert his gaze from the screen and to me. If he is my boyfriend, it will be nice.

I chuckles and place my head on his shoulder, he place his hand back on my shoulder and I enjoy the warmth him offer me.

 


 

I slowly blink open my eyes and feeling disorientated.

“This is not my house and why is it so dark?” I mumble slowly as I sit up only to realize that I am at Krystal’s house.

We were watching a movie, The Notebook. I look around to see everyone is sleeping soundly. Daehyun-hyung besides me, I place the blanket more comfortably for him. Taemin sleeping not so far from us while Sulli and Krystal hugging each other.

I must have fallen asleep during the movie. Wait, I fell asleep on Daehyun-hyung’s shoulder. My cheeks flush redness due to embarrassment.

“Do you like him” I feel like my heart stop only to breathe a sigh of relief once I notice Kyungsoo sits by door with a book in his hand.

“Kyungsoo you scared me! What are you doing still up? Why are you not sleeping?” I put my hand on my chest while keeping my voice low to avoid disturbing the others sleep.

“I always up at night I have insomnia so I rarely sleep. I usually take pill if it went on too long” he said after chuckles lightly at my effort to be soundless.

“I don’t know. What time is it anyway?” I never thought someone as bright as Kyungsoo has any problem.

I guess I was wrong, I underestimate people too easily. Everyone have their own struggle, their own fair share of difficulties.

“I am good at hiding it. Same as you did good at hiding yours too Youngjae” he chuckles as I give him a confuse expression. “I saw your scar Youngjae, the one on your stomach and upper hand. I saw when you are changing clothes for P.E. class” he laugh when my face turn pale.

“You…you did saw it?” I stutter and feeling tears threaten to come out.

He saw it, what if the others had seen it too.

“Don’t worry Youngjae, nobody in this room going to judge you for that. In fact we all have our personal share of secrets” he winks playfully at me as I furrow my eyebrow. “You will know about it more lately, can you do me a favor Youngjae?” he mutter softly which makes it almost inaudibly.

“Why are you talking about Kyungsoo? Is everything ok?” wiping away my tears, I started to feel worry but the shorter just laugh.

“You haven’t answer my question” he stare at me to which I nods “I need to hear it from your mouth” ok now I am worry, why does he is talking like something going to happen tomorrow?

“Yeah you can count on me” I mumble, anticipate the next words coming out from his mouth.

He seems hesitant as him inhale, gazing at his hands before look at me again “Thank you Youngjae. I need you to stay with them. Don’t ever abandon them. We all stuck with each other for a reason so always count on each other ok” I want to ask more but he quickly get up, closing the door.

“Jae, why are you awake? Do you need anything” it is Krystal, she lazily rubs her eyes and I quickly mumble a no before lying back.

Slowly sleeps invade me.

 


 

“Oppa you are awake? What time is it?” Taeyeon annoyingly grunt as she rubbing her sleeping eyes, curse at the pain from her lower back. “Crap I got a meeting with my agency” she mutter when she notice the clock before hurriedly getting up, taking a towel she always used and makes her way to the bathroom.

“You woke up late Taeyeon. Apparently you miss a good morning text from Suho?” Taeyeon gulp and pause in her steps as she suddenly heard her fiancé cold and deep voice from the living room.

“Oppa why you don’t wake me up” she try speaks casually without much success as she her voice is obviously shaking.

“What- what is lacking in me? Why do you need Suho?” he walks up and Taeyeon flinch as her notice her broken phone on the floor.

“Oppa please, it is not like that. I swear...” her voice is trembling and she slowly moves backward when Yongguk come closer.

“Do you love me? Do you even love me Kim Taeyeon” he screams and Taeyeon yelps as his rough big hand come in contact with her cheeks, sending her to the ground.

“Oppa, please” the rest of the sentence is replace by her agony cry of pain when the detective roughly yank her hair.

“Why can you just love me Kim Taeyeon? Do you need me to finish him like I do the previous one?” his voice is mocking and Taeyeon close her eyes tightly in fear to see his maniac face.

“Why can’t you speak Taeyeon-ah” she cries harder when her head is smash to the wall roughly.

“Oppa” Yongguk feet is place roughly on her petite frame making she cry loudly.

“Stop before it is too late Taeyeon” he hisses on the woman ears as he light up his cigarette.

Taeyeon only sobs watching her fiancé observe the photos collage on the wall. Photos of a boy, Taeyeon sobs knowing what he has in mind.

“Don’t worry Taeyeon, when I get him, I will let you go” a deep voice chuckles echo through the two-rooms flat accompany by the woman sobbing. 

 


 

“Park Chanyeol makes you a little bit useful and helps me to find my little brother. I haven’t see him all night and I got to make sure he is fine” from a far Daehyun already see two figure, a petite short young man and a tall grinning-giant looking around as if looking for someone.

“Hey Youngjae I think your hyung is looking for you” he whisper to my ears and I chuckles in amusement when my eyes meet Chanyeol-hyung’s and he excitedly wave at me follow but Baekhyun-hyung loud beam.

“Chill Baekhyun, it is only a night” Chanyeol chuckles as he watch his best friend hugging Youngjae, checking every parts of his body as if the boy just come back from a war.

“Baekhyun-hyung we are not actually from a war ok” Krystal shakes her head while Baekhyun-hyung scoffs at him.

“He spends the night with this guy so I have the right to be worry” he put while pointing to Daehyun-hyung making the boy cough.

“Just for your information Kim Baekhyun I actually take care of your little brother well ok” he ruffles my hair making both me and Krystal rolling our eyes.

“Don’t you guys need to go warming up or something?” I look between Chanyeol and Daehyun as Chanyeol-hyung slaps his forehead.

“Yeah we should go now Daehyun. C’mon now Baekhyun, let the kids free” he place his hand on hyung’s shoulder while his other free hand is taking Daehyun.

“Youngjae remember we have a date today ok? Wait for my text” he manages to remind me as I nod before him and Chanyeol forcefully dragging Baekhyun-hyung along with them.

“Your hyung is funny Youngjae” Taemin chuckles as we walk over our tent.

We see many athletes already in there warming up for the games. I see Kai-hyung with some girl, they seems intimate?

“Youngjae hey I am glad you could make it” he waves excitedly at me when he sees me and drag the girl towards us.

“Hey hyung, you are looking ready” he laughs at my playful remarks and ruffles my hair.

“Forgive my rude boyfriend Youngjae, I am Yoona” the girl who hung to Kai-hyung arms peak and I smile cheerfully at him.

“Hello noona, nice to meet you. Kai-hyung your girlfriend is really pretty” a scoff is heard from beside me where Krystal is obviously annoyed and Taemin trying to sooth her.

“Owh it is you the ice princess” I hear sarcasm in Yoona’s voice as she smirks.

“Yeah if it is not the ” I swear Yoona seems like she is ready to fight if not for Kai-hyung who stopping her.

“We will be going. Make sure you cheer for me the loudest ok Youngjae?” he winks and drag his girlfriend away from us.

“You know him Youngjae” Taemin question when we take a sit at one of the chairs available with Krystal still looking annoy.

“Yeah I met him the first day I am here” he only nods and now it is Sulli turn to groan, slamming close her phone from which she had trying to call Kyungsoo.

He appears to be gone when we woke up in the morning with a note telling them that he feels like not going to school today.

“Stop Sulli, he will be fine” Krystal pulling Sulli’s to sit down as she had been stressing since morning claiming he won’t just leave like that.

: I just wish he could answer his phone or something. Anyway you should stay away from them Jae. Especially the Yoona . They are bad news” I only nods as an announcement is made for the first game to start and people start to cheer loudly making it almost impossible to speak. I notice Krystal glance over at Yoona from time with Taemin quickly pat her shoulder making her quickly sigh. I wonder what is really the story with them.

 


 

Ok so the drama begins. Who is Yoona exactly? What is Yong Guk means by saying that to Taeyeon? Will Taeyeon and Suho be ok? What with the scars Kyungsoo talk about and where the hell is Kyungsoo? Stay tune to find out!