Newspaper #1

Uprising

BOY BAND MASSACRE

E.X.O turns album launch party into a riot

SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA: What was supposed to be a day of celebration has turned into a day of utter terror. More than 50 people were seriously injured in a riot that occurred in S.M.E. City Hall around noon yesterday on the first of May. 25 people were found dead in the venue that was hosting E.X.O’s album launch party. Over 200 people were in attendance, fans, members of the media and staff members included.

Authorities have yet to discover the cause of the riot but eye-witnesses have said that it started with the members running on stage and started to break things apart. One of the members knocked down the lights that started a spark that turned into a fire. The fire damaged not only the stage but the entire front part of the hall itself, injuring not only the crowd but backstage staff members as well.

“It was terrible,” said survivor Lily Kim. Lily was among the first few fans to escape, and luckily sustained only minor scrapes and bruises. “There was fire everywhere, people were screaming and then we saw Suho running towards us like a mad man. He was going to hurt us. I pulled my friend and we went straight to the door.”

S.M.E. has said it will claim full responsibility for the mishap. The members themselves have been taken into police custody and are under heavy surveillance.

“I have never seen anything like this before.” Inspector Kim Namjoon talked about the incident. “We have decided to rule out terrorism as there seems to be no trace of it, but from surveillance footage it seems the members themselves started the riot. Why anyone would want to destroy their first album is a mystery.”

E.X.O was S.M.E’s newest male group in 4 years. They debuted last April with the song “MAMA” and secured awards for their fantastic performance and out-of-the-box concept. They were expected to make their comeback with their first full-length album this May but it seems that any future album plans may be put on hold.

 

FOOTNOTE: NEWSPAPER CLIPPING (2/5/33) DETAILING THE E.X.O RIOT.

 

 

 

A/N: This is a triple update! So please do check outthe previous chapters if you haven't! These are to give you an insight into what occurred that lead to their termination!

Also do leave comments and subscribe for more! Love you guys!